Online Peer Support Service (Volunteers' Week 2024)

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
PeerSupportTeam
(@agqjnstu1r)
Admin
Topic starter

Hi all,

As this week is Volunteers’ Week 2024, we wanted to take a moment to recognise our fantastic volunteer Online Peer Supporters. Their commitment and passion for helping others is what makes our service possible, and they have brought so much to GamCare in a short space of time. We deeply appreciate the time they so kindly give each week to share their experiences and walk alongside others in their recovery journeys. Thank you so much to the volunteers, we could not do it without you!

Interested in receiving online peer support?

We offer digital peer support via email for up to 6 months. For more information and to access our service please contact the helpline on 0808 8020 133 or see: https://www.gamcare.org.uk/online-peer-support-service/ .

Interested in becoming a volunteer?

For more information about role requirements and how to apply, please see:   https://www.gamcare.org.uk/about-us/join-us-as-a-peer-supporter/

We look forward to hearing from you!

Once again – thank you volunteers!

All the best,

Online Peer Support Team

Posted : 3rd June 2024 9:18 am
Peer Supporter Patsy
(@ofb741hvqs)

Good evening

Thank you for your lovely words of appreciation of our dedication and work as volunteers.

I have to say that a number of us have lots of experience of receiving Gamcare help in the past. Gamcare has developed so widely in the last number of years. The frontline advisers are there 24/7 to listen with a non judgemental ear and I personally give thanks to having received that help for both my son and myself over 9 years.  Hence my urge to give back.

As volunteers we are privileged in my view to help the journey towards a world without gambling harm. Help and  encourage people to feel free and empowered to reach out and talk publicly about harm and how we can work towards reducing harm and the stigma attached to it.

We are all part of this amazing community and i can say so very happy to be part of it. 

Where there is help, there is hope. 

Best wishes 

Patsy

Posted : 4th June 2024 7:33 pm

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close