2023 is finally my year

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Reactions
(@roulettegotme)
Topic starter

Took me so long to realise there is no point in gambling because even if we win, we’ll just lose it all again. Well, everyone dreams of winning a jackpot on the slots- I had won it finally over the Christmas period and it took 3 days to give it all back. Could have set me up real good. I actually laugh of what a stupid idiot I have been but you know what, I lost all the winnings, which was only winnings and finally this is what I really need to stop. There’s no point of me gambling anymore coz I know even if I win, it will just go back? So what’s the point? Here’s to a gamble free life ahead. I think this is what I finally needed to finally realise how deeply addicted I am and I actually hate gambling now with a passion! No point at all. 

Posted : 20th January 2023 8:23 pm
(@vladimiruk)

How long you dont gamble today ?

Posted : 20th January 2023 9:00 pm
(@roulettegotme)
Topic starter

I havent gambled since January 3

This post was modified 2 years ago by RouletteGotMe

Posted : 20th January 2023 11:36 pm
Tazman
(@tazman)

@roulettegotme gambling will always find a way it happened with me i found money and gambling thoughts kicked in i ended up giving it to charity instead, the urgues will come one way or another and attack you when your least vulnerable be prepared 

Posted : 21st January 2023 12:13 am
(@tjr28)

Hello I’m after some help I’m on good money paid weekly and bet every weekend to the point I’ve got noting left been going on for just over a year now and I’ve always been in denial that it is a problem always convinced my self it’s not now I’ve had enough I’m in the the same situation every time I’m fed up any guidance would be appreciated thank you 

Posted : 21st January 2023 1:00 pm
(@otoole11)

@tjr28 I would recommend going to a local gamblers anonymous group. I did that 7 years ago and every part of me didn’t want to go there. I went there on the advice of my family and felt I was doing it for them. It wasn’t until 2 or 3 meetings in that I realized I was doing it for myself. No matter how bad you feel your gambling is now I can guarantee you it will become worse if not dealt with. You will become more desperate with your betting habits and you will lose everything and everyone. There’s always that voice telling you the next one will solve it all and it doesn’t. This certainly helped me. Even then I did relapse 2 years ago but found it easier to speak to my family and tell them I had done so and nip it in the bud a lot sooner than the first time 

Posted : 22nd January 2023 12:52 pm
Tazman
(@tazman)

@tjr28 find out why you are gambling in the first place is it to win x amount is the thrill you get from gambling, is it boredom  is it stress related, past truma not been heeled their many reasons why people gamble everyone is different for me personally it was the thrill of winning to begin with then later turned out my childhood problems were not healed through CBT and Ga gave me guidence and looking into causes of relapses i have been making adjustment and it has worked for me and had less and less relapses as money was the main motivator for me and i am in a better state of mind it made a big difference to me

Posted : 22nd January 2023 8:27 pm
{

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close