Adam123..... Next chapter......Fitness.....Football.....Worklife.....Home Life.....without vices.....Let do this

8 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
(@adam123)
Topic starter

It comes as no shock to me that im currently focusing too much on fitness............ but i have ocd.........and im feverishly competitive allways have been....... i think most who come to this site are very competitive and gambling brings out the worst in us as we just refuse to be beaten (even tho the odds and reasonable judgement would tell us to stop)........

I've had many many different diaries on here thru the years......starting in 2015....... Now the vices were doing me no favours...... visits to pubs......smoking......doing drugs......gambling......eating lots.....not exercising it took its toll.......and with my mental health (suffering from skitsophrenia) at an all time low in 2018 i managed to turn a corner and do the literal oposite of all these vices.

Ive just hit the 250 weeks gamble free, ive not drunk alcohol for longer than that now......ive not smoked weed or taken drugs for 14 years now.....

Ive started to obsess now about my eating and physical fittness..... now after all of that misuse with a lot of hard work over the past 9 months ive managed to get my metabolic age down to 46 years (and at 43 years old with all of that neglect im pretty proud of this).

This diary is going to focus on my new obsessions (which there are three) my Physical fitness and eating habbits, Computers (sim racing, ps5, xbox, ) and Football (of which im not sure whether we can talk about on here..... but ill c how it goes)......

so today marked the end of another training week...... and i done a total of 105,000 steps, last week 99,500, so happy with those figures.......  Ive eaten well ........ and am happy im ont going overboard with training....

On to a new week tomo...... ill go to gym....visit my folks for dinner.....and try to do some gaming after.....

No recent thoughts towards gambling and other vices as ive been super busy.

All the best adam....

Please post ur story if youd like to join this thread and discuss ur porgress 😉 

Posted : 12th October 2024 9:42 pm
 Jay
(@g4pv3yauqm)

Looking forward to following this journey mate! Keep it up! 💪🏾 

Posted : 14th October 2024 7:19 am
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Well today Katie at work who is the freedom to speak person at our hospital has done a compettion to find a poem about listening and speaking and being heard...... Now ive never done a poem before but thought id give it a go...... heads up theres a model skeleton in physio and i thought it be funny joke to add to poem ? not sure it works but i like a laugh.... anyway what u think?

here it is:

Adam here “ ohhhh dear ohhhh dear ohhhh dear”..............

I am however just the porter Extraordinaire!!!!!!

I love to be listened to……. it makes me feel important.......... 

Just takes a little time and an ear u don’t need to document.  

Everyone has their story to tell…..i feel it's important to be heard........

No one’s less in value inside the lines need to be coloured.

Life these days is full of hustle and bustle…… no time to waste.

When speaking to each other remember don’t just cut and paste…..

I like to speak to everyone here in Nuffield Haywards Heath….. We are full of characters…..

Lets appreciate everyone’s opinions……. we are all the hospital passengers.

“Ur an 8 on a scale of 10 at listening!!!!!!!!”………. Chris my manager  said to meeeeeeeeeeee……

I can’t help but wonder why he wanted that skeleton in Physio to be covered in peeeeeeeeeee?????

We have freedom to speak here in our lovely Hospital......... 

Listen and be heard, Katie and Jo will make us feel magical.....

Lots of love Adam xxxx

hahah im really proud of it....what u think?

Posted : 14th October 2024 10:11 pm
 Jay
(@g4pv3yauqm)

Great poem mate. Definitely a winner there.

Posted : 14th October 2024 10:43 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

cheers yeah im chuffed with it ....cant stop reading it lol

Posted : 14th October 2024 10:44 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

they really loved the poem... its going in the news bulletin next week....ive decided tonight ill take out the ur an 8 scale of ten and peeeing on  skeleten bit as some might not get it

but really pleased

Posted : 15th October 2024 9:00 pm
lids19635
(@lids19635)

The poem subject is quite important, you never know if the person you just passed the time of day with has talked with anyone else that day, or maybe even that week, speaking is easy but listening is really quite difficult and a great skill to have. Your poem incorporates the importance of listening, as well as the social side of conversation and also the loneliness others sometimes feel. Keep being you Adam.

Posted : 15th October 2024 9:06 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Thank you lids 😌 

Posted : 15th October 2024 9:32 pm

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close