Why??

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

The one big question is, why do I do it.... What's wrong with me..... How did I get like this. I never felt so lost. I'm not sure what to do, my whole life feels a mess. I've just cancelled all my cards today and not ordered any new ones, one part of the triangle gone but man how low does it make you feel a 37 year old man that can't manage is own money, but on the bright side lets knock off the gf days 1@ a time. Never more a true saying than as baby steps. Is it the wrong way to want to this on my own as I only have myself to blaim for all of this?

Posted : 11th January 2017 9:46 pm
Forum admin
(@forum-admin)
Admin

Hi Stumpy1979,

Welcome to the Forum,

I think you are asking yourself a very important question which is a good start to finding the answer you need. I am sorry you feel lost, as gambling can be very isolating but you don’t have to deal with this on your own. There is a lot of support available and you do need as much as you can get. Do take responsibility but stop blaming yourself as it only creates negative feelings and that can delay your recovery. Anyone can develop a gambling problem regardless of their background. There are different reasons for every person that lead them to gamble without control. That is why your question ‘why do I do it?’ is very important as you need to understand what it means to you.

GamCare provides free counselling to help you with this process of self-exploration, as it is difficult to do it alone.

I hope you take the next baby step and contact an advisor who can talk you through things that would help you manage the problem and also arrange counselling sessions.

Best wishes,

Forum Admin

Posted : 11th January 2017 10:56 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

5 day gf not even thinking about it, Been apply myself to other things. Money situation is the worst Its ever been but in a good way this is giving me even more drive never to gamble again. Taking the good out of the bad.

Posted : 15th January 2017 10:24 pm
{

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close