2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@dave101)
Topic starter

1001 days of being gamble free, it's had it's ups and downs without the money involved and I have loved every minute away from this horrible addiction and trying to help others along their journey of awareness and recovery as they have joined the site. 

I am grateful to have friends again, and a loving and caring partner I can always tell my thoughts about gambling or anything with. I also have a beautiful daughter in which I care and love so much that going back to the old gambling me would break my heart. 

My barriers have lowed and been made higher as awareness of dangers and triggers have been apparent for me even with compliancy at the route problem at the moment so I keep coming back to this site and sharing my experiences with newbies 

What I have learned is I can make any excuse to gamble but this statement is the excuse to want to live instead. I can do what I want and that is abstaining from addiction and embracing the freedom joy and love of buying new socks or underwear.

Keep on fighting the good fight even with a sense of humor.

Dave 101 

P S just for today I will not gamble and reflect on the mirror myself rather than the greedy gamblling vampire m

Posted : 29th July 2024 12:32 am
(@p6z38njbqm)

Amazing achievement mate. Truly a figure we can all look to achieve.

Love the fact you take pleasure in buying underwear. It really is a joy to be able to buy ourselves things!

Stay strong 👍 

Posted : 29th July 2024 1:42 pm
{

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close