New year new me

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Well today I am day 16 gamble free. I've had a few urges to go online, but know the money in my account is for bills, so haven't.

My worry is when I get paid on the 24th, this is usually when I would go wild. I never thought I had a problem till last week when I checked my last three bank statements. Me and my husband saw a house we want to buy, now we probably won't get the house and it's all my fault.

I'm glad it has come to light though, as it's made find support and help through you guys. I always gambled out of boredom, this will be challenging as I'm currently off work following an operation and my husband works away.

I aim to post at least once a week, but will post if I need extra support. Thank you all x

Posted : 13th January 2017 2:48 pm
triangle
(@triangle)

looking forward to your next post. good seeing you in chat. keep it up. tri

Posted : 19th January 2017 10:03 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Thank you Triangle

i find the chat helps

Posted : 19th January 2017 11:35 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Well I am 23 days gamble free!! It feels great to say that. I've had some urges of late, but have not given into temptation. Im also feeling delighted as the bank have approved our mortgage, so we can have the house after all. I really feel like this is a new start, a chance to show my husband that I can do this. Onwards and upwards from now on!! xx

Posted : 20th January 2017 6:23 pm
Loxxie
(@loxxie)

Great news....
Something posative to aim for...
Well done x

Posted : 29th January 2017 2:00 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Thank you Loxxie.

Well it's been 36 days since I last gambled!! I'm so proud of myself, never thought I'd get this far. It's been an emotional week, lots of trips to the vets, stresses of potential returning to work and also having a tooth pulled!! However I am happy to say I have not given in, and I have continued to be strong.

Posted : 2nd February 2017 8:52 pm
{

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close