Need advice

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Hey guys

so my boyfriend has had a gambling problem for about 2 years now! It’s been up and down constantly! From taking loans out to his parents constantly bailing him out! I refuse to bail him out because I believe this doesn’t help! He got to a stage where he generally and I still believe he generally wants to stop and he was going so well! Up until yesterday when he wasted £150 online betting on horses! We agreed that completely cutting out betting didn’t work as he just went behind my back and lied to me! He was so honenst about this £150 and we spoke about ways to prevent it but then again today he wasted £60 his reply was “I didn’t loose it” because he won it back! Only today was different as he didn’t tell me I found out myself! I’m so stuck with what to do!

Posted : 12th May 2018 7:57 pm
(@lethe)

He's jumping at the suggestion that cutting it out completely isn't for him because he doesn't want to stop. He lies to you, he may well be lying to his parents and he's constantly milking them for cash. You can't stop him gambling. You can't help him until he wants to be helped. You can however decide what you want and what you will tolerate.

Think about what you want, need and deserve from a partner bearing in mind it's a progressive addiction and if he doesn't stop things can and will get worse for all concerned.

Posted : 12th May 2018 8:52 pm
{

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close