8 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Cheers anon going to sort it when home from work on my WiFi, cheers mate

Posted : 20th January 2017 9:39 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Day 6 PAYDAY, Well it's been 6days now since the 1450 loss, feeling abit better still thinking why and what if, gonna have a nice weekend with my daughter and gf no gambling and even thinking of geting rid of my smartphone and go back to basics full stop

Posted : 20th January 2017 9:42 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Day 9 no bets,

Well it's been a better weekend spent time with my 2 Girls and took my mind off things, still feeling sorry for myself 9 days later from when I lost 1450, surly thinking how this has made me feel can make me stop for good, hope everyone has had a nice weekend

Posted : 23rd January 2017 10:09 am
(@Anonymous)

Hi Pol,

Well done on your 9 days, It sounds like that £1450 loss was your rock bottom.

Turn that loss into a positive, if you stick with it and can keep gamble-free then that was a small price to pay and will have saved you a lot of money, time and stress in the long run.

Keep it up and have a great, gamble-free week.

Phil

Posted : 23rd January 2017 11:05 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Cheers for the comment mate, to be honest with u I don't no what rock bottom is as this has been the norm for past upteen years, this loss has affected alot I must admit as had plans to pay loans off etc but like u say it's a small price to pay could of been alot worse if I had my personal bank account card so need to keep on staying well away cheers pal

Posted : 23rd January 2017 12:47 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Day 10 no bets

On my dinner at work reading people's posts trying to reanact the feeling of the loss to make.me feel stronger about quiting, hope everyone is good today

Posted : 24th January 2017 1:14 pm
Didchase
(@didchase)

keep up the good work the days will rack up make sure you break the triangle so you cant go back and gamble in a few weeks when the feeling of the loss has worn off. good luck.

Posted : 25th January 2017 6:23 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Day 12 no bets

Cheers I'm going to do my best and stay well clear, taking my mind of things working weekends and planing days away with gf and daughter hope all is well

Posted : 26th January 2017 6:00 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Day 13 no bets

Big test now as my bank cards have arrived and it's times like now I slip up I can all ready feel urges just deposit 100 and double etc really need will power I can do this not going near it, Need some sort of phone block software can't find any cheers

Posted : 27th January 2017 5:30 pm
Forum admin
(@forum-admin)
Admin

Hi pol2013,

you can find information on blocking software here: http://www.gamcare.org.uk/get-advice/what-can-you-do/blocking-software

Also having access to cards is challenging, maybe you want to consider asking someone to hold them for you for a period of time.

If you need any further advice do not hesitate to contact the Helpline on 0808 8020 133 or the Netline.

All the best,

Forum Admin

Posted : 27th January 2017 10:20 pm
Page 2 / 2
{

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close