110 days Gamble Free

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
 King
(@c17ort)
Topic starter

I’ve promised myself to return every 10 days of being gamble free. 
So today makes it 110 days, it’s been a tough 10 days if I am honest, thinking about my huge debts, thinking about the years I have lost during this awful addiction and what I have missed on during my latter 30’s and early 40’s. I’m just really disappointed in myself that I allowed myself to get into this position. My Mortgage could have been paid off, nice holidays for the kids every Summer, yet I’m in a financial mess. 
Rewind 10 years, I was a single parent Dad with a Daughter that I shared equally with her Mum, I counted every penny and was able to save for holidays, treat my young daughter to trips to Theme Parks and do normal Dad & Daughter things. It just makes me sad that I let my Daughter down, choosing then to waste hours with my head burried in my phone watching my football bets wasting thousands each week. How could I allow this to happen to myself?! 

I feel I have lost my personality, friendships due to having no money for a few drinks. 

I will keep fighting, I have no choice. 

This topic was modified 1 week ago by King

Posted : 9th September 2024 8:16 pm
(@j5a6meyr4z)

Keep going and keep fighting King 💪🙏. There will be nothing but positive improvements if you do 👍.

Take care.

Pink Lady 🩷🍎.

Posted : 9th September 2024 11:04 pm
 G100
(@g100)

It’s a tough battle mate. Hard as it is try and look forward and forget about the past. You can’t do anything about that now and you’ll probably never fully understand why you let yourself do this. I know myself as I ask the same questions everyday and hate what I have done.

Take one day at a time.

Your Daughter only needs love and time with her Dad. Take care.

Posted : 10th September 2024 6:21 pm
(@p6z38njbqm)

Legend mate, 110 days is awesome. Don’t think about the past. It can’t be changed. Think about the future. Debt free. Whenever that may be. Then you can do the things you wished you could have. Regrets are pointless. The only regret you should have is gambling. That should be your focus. Never return there. One focus, one plan. Happy future. That’s my mindset anyway.

Stay strong mate 💪

Posted : 10th September 2024 10:13 pm
Jamie198538
(@jamie198538)

Take one day at a time and try not to think about the  past  

110 days is an incredible achievement, well done 

Posted : 11th September 2024 5:09 pm
{

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close