Silent Hill 2024

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
(@wbr9jcpn3y)
Topic starter

Sillent killer Gambling has took over 28 years of my life.Destroyed pretty much everything,especially my personality.Who I was and who I could of been i lf I didn't gamble all that time is very questionable.

As I mentioned previously I am not very good talkative person it all started few years ago when I developed speech stammer.

Quess it's from all stress from heavy gambling.I didnt realised that then.But since I am clean it all becoming to make a sense.

Ptsd from gambling left me partially,,disabled '' if I can it like that.

Does any of you guys developed stammer or know anyone who did because of gambling addiction?Thanks for replies Appreciated 

Johnny

This topic was modified 5 months ago by johhnyuk

Posted : 28th May 2024 12:22 pm
Forum admin
(@forum-admin)
Admin

Hello Johnny

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

I can hear how much loss you’ve experienced and the impact this has had on all areas of your life – particularly your wellbeing and sense of identity. You have done so well to get to the point you no longer gamble.

It sounds like you’ve now got the space to be able to reflect more deeply on how gambling has impacted you and you’re wondering whether there is a connection with the stammer you’ve developed. The charity STAMMA provides support and information for those who stammer and you can read more about their services here: https://stamma.org/ . They have information on their website about what causes stammering: https://stamma.org/about-stammering/stammering-facts/what-causes-stammering . You could also speak to your GP if your stammer is impacting your everyday life.

I hope you’re able to continue using our forum as a safe space to share your experiences around gambling.

All the best

Ellen

Forum Admin

Posted : 30th May 2024 10:47 am

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close