Back to square one

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

To cut a long story short, I was on 50+ days but last weekend decided to put a couple of bets on and I don't even know why!?

Even though I won a little it didn't feel good and I felt ashamed, I thought maybe I'd turned a corner in the FA the that I didn't have that buzz or need to gamble anymore.

Tonight I've put a few more on and lost, I've had enough. It's so hard stopping for good, I was doing so well.

Posted : 27th January 2017 12:42 am
chartom3
(@chartom3)

Hi mate i feel your pain i am back to day 1 after nearly 2 years gamble free......feel really bad but hope being back here helps why do we do this to ourselfs? I have had enough too but as you say it is hard stopping.

Posted : 27th January 2017 1:00 am
(@Anonymous)

By no means a expert by any way shape or form, but if was me I'd just try and work out why I did it for instance iv probably a hundred reasons that I could blame on me going back to bookies argueing with some one , stress , boredom , being skint. And routine, try work out which one and don't let it happen again?

Posted : 27th January 2017 3:06 am
triangle
(@triangle)

Hi Paul, have you considered getting counselling or going to somewhere like GA?

Posted : 27th January 2017 7:03 am
{

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close