My story

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Almisty
(@almisty)
Topic starter

Ok so Day 20 gf great but part of me still wants to gamble to try win big as ive done it before . But here's my story

i started a new job got on with my boss and made friends with wife we got on really well then she treated me to a night out at a bingo club . Everything was fine and I enjoyed it but then she told me about online bingo then that's where it all went down hill . Started to do slots and got into spending all my wages so got pay day loans couldn't pay them back so got bank loans to cover . Basically I've got myself into 34 thousands in debt within a year . My dad found out lent me 2,000 to get me back on track but spent all that. My fiancГ© found out he's surportive but very angry with the whole situation . So back to today I've spoke to stepchange and now on a plan to pay all my loans back . Just need to tell my mum now(parents divorced over 2 yrs ago) and explain money I've lent if her I can pay off in four months . I wish I never stepped into the bingo club and wish that am not where I am now but three yrs time I will be debt free and hopefully married and children I hope . Gonna start this dairy from tomorrow onwards of day to day activities try to keep myself busy all blocks are in place and new bank card with no overdraft so onwards and upwards I hope .

Posted : 29th January 2017 11:30 pm
(@Anonymous)

Welcome and all the best. Gambling is a terrible thing once it gets out of control.

Posted : 30th January 2017 1:40 pm
Almisty
(@almisty)
Topic starter

So been stupid and not kept this diary thing going . Onwards and up wards day 49 gamble free wow it's been hard . Trying to keep myself busy and got help from the doctor he says I used gambling to make me feel better and to have me time as sounds like I was so stressed out with everything going on with my family etc . Step change are helping me with my debt I will be debt free in three years woo hoo lol . It's so hard having money in my account and my friends like going on a night out to the bingo clubs but am to scared to go and making up excuses why I can't go when they ask but I know they are getting suspicious why I keep making excuses to go out . Hey ho am now sleeping at night and in more control of my money

Posted : 28th February 2017 4:18 pm
(@Anonymous)

You will get there Almisty day 49 that is some achievment well done, next goal 56 days (2months) and keep going,

Well done stay strong

Malc

Posted : 28th February 2017 5:00 pm
(@Anonymous)

Amazing to hear you are doing so well. Slow steps. Remember when you start to feel confident is when it could hit you and you may be sucked back in so stay strong and try to update things on here as much as possible.

Also, I've used StepChange recently, they are a HUGE help. I cannot begin to describe the level of stress I was experiencing before I rang them.

Good luck and congratulations again

Posted : 28th February 2017 10:59 pm
Almisty
(@almisty)
Topic starter

Thanks guys I've got into my walking trying to do 10,000 steps a day managed 14,000 yesterday as decided to go for a walk to stop temptation ended up doing 6 miles lol . I live in the country side so easy to get lost ha ha . Stepchange are great wouldn't know what to do if they were not available to help me make me realise how much free money I can have now and gonna treat myself in a couple of months . The car is getting the awards at the mo with new brake pads and disc and then the dreading mot this month .

Posted : 1st March 2017 9:43 pm
{

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close