Whatever you do, don't flirt with gambling. 883 days since my last bet but struggling badly.

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Hello all,

Somehow, I am still off gambling. I'm 883 days away from my last bet. However, a few weeks ago I did a dumb thing. I flirted with gambling again. I was close to having a bet and I documented it in the forum. It was a really stupid thing to do as it's opened up a can of worms.

Every day since then I've been struggling not to bet. I've been calling the helpline and using willpower to stay away but also making spreadsheets, devising betting systems, writing out paper bets. It's not good.

Tonight again, I've written a few bets that I would have with this new system. I feel consumed by gambling again and I'm not even betting.

My advice is stay well away from gambling and all of its traps. Newspapers and whatever triggers you. I regret flirting with gambling now and am paying the price. I know I am likely to have a bet, it's just so likely now. I hope I don't but I've opened pandoras box.

Such a dumb thing to do.

It's great I have been 883 days without gambling and I don't give myself a pat on the back for that every single day. I really should.

Sorry about the negative post. Just sharing my experiences of late and hope that someone can learn from my mistakes.

Posted : 29th January 2017 8:22 pm
(@Anonymous)

Come on, you're better than this. Nearly 900 days, don't throw it away now. So many people on here would love to be that long GF, don't waste all your effort now.

Posted : 29th January 2017 8:49 pm
Phil72
(@phil72)

You've offered some great advice to other people on the forum in the post above - you haven't gambled which is the main thing but what does it achieve doing "imaginary bets"? What kept you on track for such a long time if you don't mind me asking? Best wishes, Phil.

Posted : 29th January 2017 8:54 pm
Phil72
(@phil72)

PS I'm GIVING you a pat on on the back!

Posted : 29th January 2017 8:55 pm
(@Anonymous)

A classic angel and devil on your shoulder fighting each other and you sound trapped in between.

The spreadsheets, ideas... you are flirting with the devil.. Do you really want to enter that deep abusive relationship with gambling ?

No, thats why the side of you that sees sense and reason is sharing this ugly battle.

You have come so far.... remember all the days you have not given into the self abuse/harm that

addiction cost you.

Stay on site , delete the plans to have that one last dance with abuse as you know it wont be a one off.

Try and change your focus towards the power you have built in your resolve to come this far, it is far superiour

You can overcome this

Posted : 29th January 2017 9:27 pm
(@Anonymous)

Tulsi, wow well done for such and achievement nearly 900 days. just remember that you've got this far and you can go all the way. Please please don't let it come back into to your life! Can you speak to someone I your family to help you through this period?

Posted : 29th January 2017 9:37 pm
{

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close