I've now achieved everything that i set out to achieve here at Gamcare (im still vulnerable, but ive done all i set out too) 2015-2024 Adam Poker

8 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@adam123)
Topic starter

At first back in 2015 i wanted to control my gambling, this wasnt possible, then it was impossible to stop, along with alcohol, nicotine depedence and poor diet and lack of exercise life wsnt going great.  I was overweight not working very well and not doing anything to help myself.

Now my aims thru these 9 years have been......

Give up smoking...... gave up last smoke 2016......not a single drag on a cigerrette since.

Give up drinking alcohol......gave up august 2018....... not a single drop since.

Give up gambling......gave up dec 2019..... not a single bet since.  Even tho even last night i tried to get past gam ban and gamstop (ill never be cured i guess)

Then over all of these 9 years ive been trying unsuccessfully to lose weight...... Now with some advice ive now nailed it.  I intend to keep this physical routine going as part of my healthy lifestyle...... soo far over the first 7 weeks ive walked 50,50,60,60,68,78,40 miles in each week...... ive on average eaten a mere 1600 calories each day......and some days the calories burnt have been 2000 calories a day.....putting me in a major calorie defecit which is why its worked soo well for me.

Ive taken a step back after the comp (the 40 mile week), have eaten some snacks like crisps, eaten a pappa johns today, plus a bbq and curry on saturday....and have rested in order to give me a bit of a break.....

However today after dinner i weighed in at 86 kgs on the dot (started at 90) and i tried on some trousers that ive not been able to wear for fifteen years as they are a waist 34 inch and i can now fit in them again.

I'm not just pleased with my progress IM ECSTATIC!!!!!! ive allways said on here over the last allmost ten years that id like to lose weight.....its been a battle.....one that has been the one obsticle that ive never been able to get past......but now with the right tweaks and help and advice from many people at work and at home ive major major steps towards it.

So ill continue on this path....... The next step will be....... actually im not going to set any targets im just going to continue with it and go with the flow....... ive achieved everything ive set out to achieve.

Thank you to everyone thru the years,........the suppot has been incredible long may it continue.

Posted : 27th May 2024 10:53 pm
(@j5a6meyr4z)

Well done Adam.  You have achieved so much over the years.  Be very proud of yourself. 👏👏👏👏👏.

Pink Lady. 🩷🍎.

Posted : 27th May 2024 11:09 pm
(@dave101)

Well done Adam, look for new goals I reckon, going with the flow is ok but can lead us back to disaster 

dave101

Posted : 28th May 2024 6:49 am
gadaveuk
(@gadaveuk)

Hi

Being committed to attending meetings was number one healthy actions.

Handing over maney was second besst thing to do.

I was opened up to therapies which helped me reduce my fears.

My honesty and therapies helped my hurt inner child have a voice from the past.

Writing down my needs was very mportant,

Writing down my wants was very mportant,

Writing down my goals was very mportant,

Writing down my daily lists helped me get more motivated in getting things done,

I am very much a non religious person.

Dave L

Posted : 28th May 2024 12:18 pm
Peer Supporter Patsy
(@ofb741hvqs)

@adam123  Wow Adam 123

That is an amazing journey , what a great success story. As you say though , you can never be complacent and a trigger can creep up at any time.

Its about awareness of yourself.

Keep up the amazing work and these posts do spur our community on, I'm sure.

Patsy

Online Peer Supporter

Posted : 28th May 2024 3:49 pm
(@gl1fja6qre)

Posted by: @adam123

At first back in 2015 i wanted to control my gambling, this wasnt possible, then it was impossible to stop, along with alcohol, nicotine depedence and poor diet and lack of exercise life wsnt going great.  I was overweight not working very well and not doing anything to help myself.

Now my aims thru these 9 years have been......

Give up smoking...... gave up last smoke 2016......not a single drag on a cigerrette since.

Give up drinking alcohol......gave up august 2018....... not a single drop since.

Give up gambling......gave up dec 2019..... not a single bet since.  Even tho even last night i tried to get past gam ban and gamstop (ill never be cured i guess)

Then over all of these 9 years ive been trying unsuccessfully to lose weight...... Now with some advice ive now nailed it.  I intend to keep this physical routine going as part of my healthy lifestyle...... soo far over the first 7 weeks ive walked 50,50,60,60,68,78,40 miles in each week...... ive on average eaten a mere 1600 calories each day......and some days the calories burnt have been 2000 calories a day.....putting me in a major calorie defecit which is why its worked soo well for me.

Ive taken a step back after the comp (the 40 mile week), have eaten some snacks like crisps, eaten a pappa johns today, plus a bbq and curry on saturday....and have rested in order to give me a bit of a break.....

However today after dinner i weighed in at 86 kgs on the dot (started at 90) and i tried on some trousers that ive not been able to wear for fifteen years as they are a waist 34 inch and i can now fit in them again.

I'm not just pleased with my progress IM ECSTATIC!!!!!! ive allways said on here over the last allmost ten years that id like to lose weight.....its been a battle.....one that has been the one obsticle that ive never been able to get past......but now with the right tweaks and help and advice from many people at work and at home ive major major steps towards it.

So ill continue on this path....... The next step will be....... actually im not going to set any targets im just going to continue with it and go with the flow....... ive achieved everything ive set out to achieve.

Thank you to everyone thru the years,........the suppot has been incredible long may it continue.

Posted : 28th May 2024 7:01 pm
gadaveuk
(@gadaveuk)

Hi

Well done giving up unhealthy habits.

Smoking over 20 years costs me over 74,000, that sounds in sane.

Being accountable to my self was a healthy habit.

To write down my needs.

To write down my wants.

and to write down my golas.

It takes time to stop beating our self up.

It takes time to heal the guilt which is pains we lived in.

For me before recovery I was a very emotionally vulnerable pain filled unhealthy person.

Only once I was abale to abstain from unhealthy habits was I am abale to exchange them in to healthy habits.

Daily lists are about being more accountable and more productive.

AS I do each job I cross each one out.

I ask my self did I do a good job.

That is a reward I give my self.

Showing gratitude and appreciation is not a*s kisssing.

Showing gratitude and appreciation is an expression of my healthy values today.

THank you for your sharing.

Dave L

Posted : 21st June 2024 5:11 pm
gadaveuk
(@gadaveuk)

Hi

Saying that you are still emotionally vulnerable is a sign of your inner strength growing and you being more fearless.

My emotional triggers were my pains, my fears, my frustrations, my loneliness, and my boredom.

Each time I went back to escaping was a lessson to learn from.

Thank you for your honesty.

Dave L

Posted : 26th June 2024 3:51 am
{

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close