grand national

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
Redbar
(@redbar)
Topic starter

Hi all, I've been gamble free for 333 days now and a much better for it thankfully no more deceit or lies, I'm open and honest with my partner more now than I've ever been and thankfully he stood by me. My question here is a flutter on the grand national a gamble? Or a bit of harmless fun? I had this debate with the old man as he said it was ok for me to have bet on the national tommorow I said it wouldn't be a good idea because all those emotions of gambling will come flooding back when I'm willing that horse to run like a mad en in order for me to win a few quid I believe you abstein from everything and anything even down to a raffle what you guys think and anyone having a go on the national tommorow? Xredx

Posted : 13th April 2018 4:14 pm
(@Anonymous)

You’ve answered your own question Redbar!

There’s a reason why the GA literature says not to engage in any game of chance...Our pilot light is always on, it’s us that has to ensure it never goes beyond that. The only bet I need to avoid is my 1st one & for that, I won’t even be participating in a sweep stake 2moro.

Don’t throw away your recovery!

Posted : 13th April 2018 5:27 pm
Redbar
(@redbar)
Topic starter

No fear of me throwing anything away 🙂

Posted : 13th April 2018 6:13 pm
(@lethe)

Dressing it up as a harmless sounding flutter or bit of fun doesn't hide the bald fact you'd be betting and in doing that you'd be playing with fire.

Why does your husband think it's OK? Does he think you're over the problem? It might be a good idea for him to do some reading up on the addiction so he understands it's a permanent issue just waiting for the right set of circumstances to spring to life again and suggesting anything about it is harmless to you isn't helpful.

Posted : 13th April 2018 6:40 pm
Redbar
(@redbar)
Topic starter

Hi lethe
I can assure you my partner does not think for 1 minute that I'm cured he's far to intelligent for that, he's very aware of addictions and realised after he said its OK and I replied its wrong he agreed so he's fully aware it's not a good idea.

Xredx

Posted : 13th April 2018 6:54 pm
Christer1
(@christer1)

You can can guarantee you could pick the winner then tis is where the trouble begins from a lucky win stay away

Posted : 14th April 2018 6:41 am

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close