I Last Gambled back in 1992 I have been in recovery since 1969 if I have not gambled for so long why go to meetings.

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
gadaveuk
(@gadaveuk)
Topic starter

Hi

My name is Dave I am a compulsive Gambler.

Just abstaining from Gambling is and was not enough for me.

I now understand that my addictions and obsessions were just the symptoms that I was emotionally vulnerable.

I would go to my addictions and obsessions when I trying to escape from my feelings and emotions.

Being a loner indciated that I had not healed my pains or faced my fears.

I would go to my addictions and obsessions and escape in my fears and not be able to cope emotionally.

I am a non religious person, and I could not heal my pains.

I could not face my fears.

I could not reduce my unreasonable expectations of people life and situaations.

I could not have a healthy intimate realtionship with myself.

I could not respect or love my self.

I could not be healthy in my self ro with other people.

I Had deep seated fears of emotional intimacy.

The recovery program helped me help my self become a whole much healthier person by healing the deep seated pains in my hurt inner child.

Love peace and healthy living to all of you guys.

Dave L

AKA Dave of Beckenham 

Posted : 24th February 2023 10:14 am
(@jfr301288)

Hi Dave this was great to read. I am feeling exactly the same way you felt in your message . 

How can I turn this round and beat this wicked wicked addiction? 

Posted : 24th February 2023 4:56 pm
gadaveuk
(@gadaveuk)
Topic starter

@jfr301288 

Hi

Once we are able abstain from our unhealthy habits we can then exhcange healthy habits in to healthy habits. 

Due to the pains in our past we have fears which restrict us from doing more with our life today.

By writing down my needs writing down my wants writing down my goals we are able to do more with our time.

As our fears reduce our trusts grow.

And then with reduced fears we find we are no longer frozen in fear but are able to do  more with our life.

Over time I had lost all faith asnd confidence in my self.

By getting healthier we can achieve so much more with our time.

As fears reduce we open up to more intimacy with our self and with other people.

Once we understand that we were very unhealthy that in time we can get healthy more and more.

Thank you for coming back to me it is appreciated.

Dave L

Posted : 24th February 2023 6:25 pm

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close