New here

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Hi, I am new to this forum. I am an addict to gambling online, slots mostly. I have got myself into a whole heap of trouble. My darkest days are right now. I was arrested last Thursday for fraud after stealing someone else's debit card for shopping an D gambling when I got desperate. My husband has rapid cycling bipolar disorder, I am on tablets for depression now. I am fighting the urge to gamble daily. I just wanted to explain my situation and say hi

Posted : 13th March 2018 6:09 pm
Forum admin
(@forum-admin)
Admin

Hi Kezh,

Welcome to the Forum! I am glad that you joined us here on the Forum!

Gambling has really affected your life and you describe having hit rock bottom with this. In addition you have other burden to carry and I wonder how we can best support you.

Would you be able to give us a call on the Helpline on 0808 80 20 133 or contact the Netline on http://www.gamcare.org.uk/support-and-counselling/frontline-services/netline

Both services are open from 8 am to midnight every day. An adviser would be able to talk your situation through with you and suggest strategies and other support available to you at this time.

If you feel down and hopeless, the Samaritans are very good to talk to and their number is 116 123.

It must have taken a lot of courage to write your first post. You are very welcome here, Kezh.

Kind wishes

Gabriele

Posted : 14th March 2018 12:33 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Thankyou for the welcome, everything about this has been difficult, I still have not gambled, I so very nearly did yesterday, it was a bad day. My husband realised that all his computer updates for his business had not come about because of my gambling, he had a bipolar meltdown, I felt completely hopeless and wanted to crawl into a hole.
Today though, things seem easier for him, I had an appointment I had to go to which meant a train ride out of town, it gave me something to concentrate on and I have to admit the thought of coming home a facing everything made anxious. I still have to tell my mum and mum in law and I onow it needs to come from me. I need to talk all this through and definitely will call the number, I cannot do this alone, I have cooed with so much without help that I need to make sense of this. I am writing a journal setting out my thoughts and feelings, it is helping me to see how low I have gotten
Thanks for welcome and I will speak to someone soon

Posted : 14th March 2018 6:06 pm

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close