Rst2019 - 144

bdog - 141

D122010 - 124

Ineffable - 82

Gareth1983 - 81

boxingdayfresh - 70

tamber12 - 65

Jappy - 15

Big shout to Johnlostmydo for passing the 300 day mark, and a welcome return, Neil C - really good to see you back.

Well done everyone checking in this week

Posted : 20th May 2019 8:13 am
chartom3
(@chartom3)

Checking in on day 530, glad to report still gamble free

Posted : 23rd May 2019 8:12 am
boxingdayfresh
(@boxingdayfresh)

Day 75 still gamble free 

Posted : 23rd May 2019 4:42 pm
tamber12
(@tamber12)

checking in Gf.. you know guys i really wanted to climb the leader board, but actually, that would mean some of you would slip up. and i certainly don't want that, it's not a competition, we all fight our own battles and support others where possible. Keep strong .lets go forward together!

Posted : 23rd May 2019 9:29 pm
boxingdayfresh
(@boxingdayfresh)

Hi tamber12 

I know what you mean about wanting to climb the ‘leaderboard’ I’m just 5 days in front of you - and also thought I’d like to see my name rise from down the bottom end. But as you say, it’s the bigger picture and I’ve realised I’m also content so long as we are on the board and the days keep increasing we are all winning and the days count isn’t what’s important. I’m in a much healthier position financially and mentally and will continue to be as long as I stay gamble free. Best wishes to everyone on here making the choice to stay and keep making progress 🙂 

Posted : 24th May 2019 6:51 am
Neil C.
(@neil-c)

Hi Tamber12,

I too know what you mean, and i agree with boxingdayfresh.  But you will rise from the bottom, hopefully not due to people falling over and having a slip, but because more people will join, and hopefully they will take inspiration from other who have abstained from betting for a prolonged amount of time.

Neil

Posted : 24th May 2019 11:42 am
Neil C.
(@neil-c)

Oh and checking in for the week!!

Posted : 24th May 2019 11:43 am
gadaveuk
(@gadaveuk)

Hi

Today I understand that I am an equal to all people in the recovery program.

That by humbling myself to my own truth I am empowering myself.

That my time off gambling helped me take simple baby steps towards healthy living once more.

I often went back to gambling yet was told that each break out was a lesson if I was wiling to learn and understand the last emotional trigger.

At the recovery meetings I was going to see myself in other people, I could relate to their experiences pains and frustrations.

The recovery program works like mountain climbers tied together with ropes who find safe and secure ways of learning and finding new skills.

I moved from painful trauma and feeling disconnected from myself and other people to being able to interact with all people today.

Before my recovery I could not admit to myself I had huge fears of emotional intimacy.

Before my recovery I could not admit to myself I was emotionally vulnerable.

Before my recovery I could not be honest and accountable to myself.

I was able to abstain from my addiction yet was not fully committed towards my recovery.

How much more could I do for myself.

How many boundaries did I need to set up for myself.

As quickly as possible to set up boundaries that I was going to exchange unhealthy habits to healthy habits. 

The recovery program helped me understand that I was like a rat in a wheel going faster and faster getting no where healthy.

How much time and effort am I willing to place in to my recovery today.

How selfish can I become today.

The recovery program helped me see in myself how unhealthy I was, how insecure I was, how inept I was.

Every action has consequences, every healthy action has healthy consequences, every unhealthy action has unhealthy consequences.

The recovery program works for any one who is fully committed towards healthy living.

Love and peace to every one.

Dave L

AKA

Dave of Beckenham

Posted : 24th May 2019 11:53 am
onlyme
(@onlyme)

Checking in gf for the week 🙂

Posted : 25th May 2019 7:27 am
holycrosser
(@holycrosser)

Reports for duty gf

Posted : 25th May 2019 8:13 am
bdog
 bdog
(@bdog)

Checking in from a spa hotel. Couple of days away at a friends wedding.

Old me wouldn’t have been that interested and probably couldn’t have afforded it!

Day 147 GF.

Have a good weekend and to those taking half term, keep busy.

Posted : 25th May 2019 8:49 am
Walliss77
(@walliss77)

Checking in gamble free, happy, joyous and free. 🙂

Posted : 25th May 2019 9:22 am
Kate_78
(@kate_78)

Been a while, but checking in day 116 🙂

Posted : 26th May 2019 10:38 pm
Gareth1983
(@gareth1983)

Checking in for the week

Posted : 27th May 2019 8:24 am
Gareth1983
(@gareth1983)

Checking in for the week

Posted : 27th May 2019 8:25 am
Page 36 / 61

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close