2019 thread of no gambling!

63 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
ChasingRainbows
(@chasingrainbows)

Stopping123 wrote:

Hey twinnie on day 125 today!!

Yeah it doesn’t bother me being with a shy girl, there’s more to it from her side which is why I can’t be with her. Tbh I’m pretty shy myself. I’m surprised you used to go gatecrasher when you were younger, I wish I could go back to 2011 when there was no responsibility in my life and enjoying the summer with my friends.

Haha I'm guessing I'm alot older than you and gatecrasher was the thing, also use to goto MrSmiths nightclub in Warrington and other warehouse rave parties.. Although I didn't do or never did drugs and was always driver. And orange lucozade was the drink use to make me dance for hours.

Well that charger arrived this morning, but its wrong size. The nozzle part on my laptop is much thinner. I'm going to have to take laptop to Currys pcworld section and get them to match it up. As its been 10 weeks now without a laptop.

So that's 2 I've got. I'm returning the Amazon one. But that BattDepot one it was £30 and they have no returns policy.

Hate wasted money now it infuriates me! I even got overcharged in poundland yesterday and spoke up about it! Lol..

Have a fun day with your friend. Compliment her.. Make her day!

Chat soon,
Bella xx

Posted : 23rd February 2019 11:29 am
Stopping123
(@stopping123)
Topic starter

Hey Twinnie, haha never knew anyone to drink orange lucozade and get that hyped off it lol I’m 26 so not sure how old you are but missed my partying days with controlling parents! Never used to like me going out as much but starting to go more frequent now after them seeing me without my ex.

Ah sorry about the laptop charger, most laptop brands more or less have one charger for them. Best to take it currys/pc world and test it. Then maybe be cheeky and buy it online after! Sounds like horrible returns policy with the other company but Atleast you can put your stress to it instead of gambling! Reminds me of my car situation.

I didn’t go with that friend today, I’ll be seeing her Wednesday. Looking forward to it as she understands me really well. Ended up spending £125 on a body warmer which was reduced from £300. Saw some things I didn’t want to see earlier on my social media involving my ex girlfriend potentially dating a guy I know of. So going to Bicester helped me clear my head. Keep thinking to myself if I never gambled I could of given her some of the things she wanted in the relationship. But in hindsight my friend said to me we’re going to go travelling together and enjoy life which I couldn’t do which was true. He pointed out she seemed to be insecure around me trsvelling as she would see the attention I would get off other women.

Enough about her, how is your portrait stuff and bed going?

Nearly day 126!

Posted : 24th February 2019 12:25 am
ChasingRainbows
(@chasingrainbows)

Stopping123 wrote:

Hey Twinnie, haha never knew anyone to drink orange lucozade and get that hyped off it lol I’m 26 so not sure how old you are but missed my partying days with controlling parents! Never used to like me going out as much but starting to go more frequent now after them seeing me without my ex.

Ah sorry about the laptop charger, most laptop brands more or less have one charger for them. Best to take it currys/pc world and test it. Then maybe be cheeky and buy it online after! Sounds like horrible returns policy with the other company but Atleast you can put your stress to it instead of gambling! Reminds me of my car situation.

I didn’t go with that friend today, I’ll be seeing her Wednesday. Looking forward to it as she understands me really well. Ended up spending £125 on a body warmer which was reduced from £300. Saw some things I didn’t want to see earlier on my social media involving my ex girlfriend potentially dating a guy I know of. So going to Bicester helped me clear my head. Keep thinking to myself if I never gambled I could of given her some of the things she wanted in the relationship. But in hindsight my friend said to me we’re going to go travelling together and enjoy life which I couldn’t do which was true. He pointed out she seemed to be insecure around me trsvelling as she would see the attention I would get off other women.

Enough about her, how is your portrait stuff and bed going?

Nearly day 126!

You never had 3 orange lucozades one after another? Try it. Not the zero sugar stuff.

Remember though, your friend would say that because he wants a travel partner. And your ex you wouldn't have given her full attention if you was gambling. I'd say to the higher power of whomever you pray to, all be it a god or the universe. That you wish her a happy life and all is well in your world.

I don't do portraits anymore not done for 4 yrs. I use to do gone to soon military portraits for free and children to. But stopped 4 yrs ago.

I now teach crafts online and offline.

Goodnight.. I have a tutorial to prep for now for tomorrow.

Keep smiling.
Bella xx

Posted : 24th February 2019 1:14 am
Stopping123
(@stopping123)
Topic starter

Hey Twinnie on day 126, crazy how far we’ve got! Yeah just gotta nip it in the bud with her and just hope she’s happy. Been an alright day tbh took the family out to the shops and then went to my sisters house. Played with my niece and nephew and they love the lego, they don’t leave it alone! Then ended up in the bookies again with my dad for a bit as I needed to get the house as it constantly made me think about my ex and no amount of tv was helping. Chatted to people, have enough self control not to gamble. The machines will be changing from this Thursday in the bookies to £2 a spin I for one is very happy as it will save more lives from this and I wouldn’t want anyone else to go through what I’ve lost in gambling. Offered my friend some advice today with some work which he appreciated. Planned a meet up with a friend on Tuesday who had a leg operation, then meeting up with 2 of my work colleagues for a meal after. Then Wednesday seeing that girl and will take your advice of complimenting her. We have that sort of relationship of where we take the mick out of each other.

I hope your tutorial went well, what sort of crafts do you do? I’m not very artistic but have always found people who do it very attractive as it’s not a standard office thing.

Trying to keep myself busy until I can start hitting the gym again. Feel like once I’m back to being fully fit I will be feeling a lot happier in myself. Had a realisation today that I really need to start saving and that’s the most important thing in my life that I need to do now. Wasted a lot of money over the years.

Can’t wait till we hit the year mark together and say we’ve done it with a healthy account to smile at 🙂

Posted : 24th February 2019 11:22 pm
ChasingRainbows
(@chasingrainbows)

Stopping123 wrote:

Hey Twinnie on day 126, crazy how far we’ve got! Yeah just gotta nip it in the bud with her and just hope she’s happy. Been an alright day tbh took the family out to the shops and then went to my sisters house. Played with my niece and nephew and they love the lego, they don’t leave it alone! Then ended up in the bookies again with my dad for a bit as I needed to get the house as it constantly made me think about my ex and no amount of tv was helping. Chatted to people, have enough self control not to gamble. The machines will be changing from this Thursday in the bookies to £2 a spin I for one is very happy as it will save more lives from this and I wouldn’t want anyone else to go through what I’ve lost in gambling. Offered my friend some advice today with some work which he appreciated. Planned a meet up with a friend on Tuesday who had a leg operation, then meeting up with 2 of my work colleagues for a meal after. Then Wednesday seeing that girl and will take your advice of complimenting her. We have that sort of relationship of where we take the mick out of each other.

I hope your tutorial went well, what sort of crafts do you do? I’m not very artistic but have always found people who do it very attractive as it’s not a standard office thing.

Trying to keep myself busy until I can start hitting the gym again. Feel like once I’m back to being fully fit I will be feeling a lot happier in myself. Had a realisation today that I really need to start saving and that’s the most important thing in my life that I need to do now. Wasted a lot of money over the years.

Can’t wait till we hit the year mark together and say we’ve done it with a healthy account to smile at 🙂

Hello Chatterbox

I do all kinds of crafts, I have a few thousand followers, there are many who sell things at a high profit and I like to prove even if they gave a 90% discount they'd still be making a profit. So I replica the craft via video. It's stuff I've made and sold myself but lately, I've noticed people getting greedy and ripping good people off. And that annoys me. Bit of a Robin Hood of crafts haha.

I think you secretly like the shy girl.. When fellas banter with girls it's generally a interest underlined.

It worries me your going inside a bookies. That I am sure is worrying many on here. Only takes 1 gamble and it ruins it all. Have you banned yourself from gambling in the bookies you go in with your Dad?

I once drove to Warwickshire and had a choice of pay at toll or drive through Birmingham. I paid the toll. Years before I went to Exeter on trains and I had to change trains in Birmingham. Like running through hell trying to find the next station. Felt very closed in. Never been anywhere near Birmingham since.

But guessing, there's not much to do there? Other than bookies? Lovely day what about hiking or fishing with your Dad?

The memory foam topper arrived, it's on the mattress. Had a funny smell to it Lol!

Goodnight.
Bella xx

Posted : 25th February 2019 1:12 am
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)

Congratulations Ash on 127 days gamble free. You are doing really well.

I feeI compelled to question the wisdom of your visiting the bookies even as a spectator. I used to do the same and it worked well for quite a while but than one day i lost the plot and the world came crashing down around my ears.

After a period of abstinence it is easy to become complacent. When you posted on the 3rd February you acknowledged that you could not gamble in a controlled way but in your post yesterday you claim to have enough self control to stand in a betting shop with your dad and not gamble.

I think people like us can have days when we can take on the world and than nothing can stand in our way. Other days we can get confused and a little unsure of ourselves. The addiction probably knows us better than we know ourselves and I feel we must always be aware of the danger and acknowledge our vulnerability.

You say the reason you went to the bookies was because whilst in the house, you were constantly thinking about your ex girlfriend! .... Going in a betting shop because you feel sad, bitter or resentful is very foolish by any stretch of the imagination. Apart from that, you and your girlfriend finished the relationship 7 months ago so it is time for you to move on and if you find that difficult, than maybe counselling would be helpful for you.

I hope your eye is feeling better. I understand you will be having the stitches out shortly which is good. If you do have any problems I would advise that you return to the eye hospital. I fail to see why you chose to see a doctor privately a week after your last surgical procedure when you would have still been under the care of the consultant.

We are compulsive gamblers and have character traits that might not always seem to be desirable. However, we are who we are and it is nothing to be ashamed of but we need to be aware of our limitations and take all necessary precautions so that we don't destroy our lives.

Take care. I wish you every happiness....Stephen

Posted : 25th February 2019 11:29 am
Stopping123
(@stopping123)
Topic starter

ChasingRainbows wrote: [quote=Stopping123]

Hello Chatterbox I do all kinds of crafts, I have a few thousand followers, there are many who sell things at a high profit and I like to prove even if they gave a 90% discount they'd still be making a profit. So I replica the craft via video. It's stuff I've made and sold myself but lately, I've noticed people getting greedy and ripping good people off. And that annoys me. Bit of a Robin Hood of crafts haha. I think you secretly like the shy girl.. When fellas banter with girls it's generally a interest underlined. It worries me your going inside a bookies. That I am sure is worrying many on here. Only takes 1 gamble and it ruins it all. Have you banned yourself from gambling in the bookies you go in with your Dad? I once drove to Warwickshire and had a choice of pay at toll or drive through Birmingham. I paid the toll. Years before I went to Exeter on trains and I had to change trains in Birmingham. Like running through hell trying to find the next station. Felt very closed in. Never been anywhere near Birmingham since. But guessing, there's not much to do there? Other than bookies? Lovely day what about hiking or fishing with your Dad? The memory foam topper arrived, it's on the mattress. Had a funny smell to it Lol! Goodnight. Bella xx

Hey Twinnie, day 127 we’ve done well so far! It seems like the other people doing crafts are quite greedy!

There isn’t much to do in Birmingham to be honest, I’ve got things planned over the next few days so won’t be going and trying to make excuses not to go unless I know I’m only going to the pub.

Lol might need to spray the memory foam topper with some perfume and then you can be sleeping in a nice smelled bed!

Have a nice evening!

Posted : 25th February 2019 7:18 pm
Stopping123
(@stopping123)
Topic starter

Self Sufficient Stephen wrote:

Congratulations Ash on 127 days gamble free. You are doing really well.

I feeI compelled to question the wisdom of your visiting the bookies even as a spectator. I used to do the same and it worked well for quite a while but than one day i lost the plot and the world came crashing down around my ears.

After a period of abstinence it is easy to become complacent. When you posted on the 3rd February you acknowledged that you could not gamble in a controlled way but in your post yesterday you claim to have enough self control to stand in a betting shop with your dad and not gamble.

I think people like us can have days when we can take on the world and than nothing can stand in our way. Other days we can get confused and a little unsure of ourselves. The addiction probably knows us better than we know ourselves and I feel we must always be aware of the danger and acknowledge our vulnerability.

You say the reason you went to the bookies was because whilst in the house, you were constantly thinking about your ex girlfriend! .... Going in a betting shop because you feel sad, bitter or resentful is very foolish by any stretch of the imagination. Apart from that, you and your girlfriend finished the relationship 7 months ago so it is time for you to move on and if you find that difficult, than maybe counselling would be helpful for you.

I hope your eye is feeling better. I understand you will be having the stitches out shortly which is good. If you do have any problems I would advise that you return to the eye hospital. I fail to see why you chose to see a doctor privately a week after your last surgical procedure when you would have still been under the care of the consultant.

We are compulsive gamblers and have character traits that might not always seem to be desirable. However, we are who we are and it is nothing to be ashamed of but we need to be aware of our limitations and take all necessary precautions so that we don't destroy our lives.

Take care. I wish you every happiness....Stephen

Thanks Stephen for the wise words, I’m in a bit of a horrible stage at the moment being at home, I’m trying to keep myself as occupied as possible over the week so that I don’t keep thinking as thinking a lot causes a lot of dark thoughts. Yeah it’s kind of stupid of me going to a bookies after thinking about my ex girlfriend it’s like a rebound mechanism against her as she was against me doing it and it just felt like escapism after seeing her date someone else. My minds been all over the place as I want to better myself, hence stopping gambling and doing the online business and going gym. I’ll put some things together of what I need to complete on the online business and use this time productively before going back to work. Use these as mini goals for myself.

Also with the eye hospital, I was under the NHS and the aftercare was rubbish, couldn’t see the surgeon unless I went private. Had to see a normal doctor in A and E but I wasn’t convinced with the advice he offered as the medication didn’t stop the bleeding. It was more piece of mind seeing the surgeon and getting it all cleared.

I might do some counselling as I feel like I need some help with my mindset.

Have a nice evening!

Posted : 25th February 2019 7:28 pm
ChasingRainbows
(@chasingrainbows)

Stopping123 wrote:

[quote=ChasingRainbows][quote=Stopping123]

Hello Chatterbox I do all kinds of crafts, I have a few thousand followers, there are many who sell things at a high profit and I like to prove even if they gave a 90% discount they'd still be making a profit. So I replica the craft via video. It's stuff I've made and sold myself but lately, I've noticed people getting greedy and ripping good people off. And that annoys me. Bit of a Robin Hood of crafts haha. I think you secretly like the shy girl.. When fellas banter with girls it's generally a interest underlined. It worries me your going inside a bookies. That I am sure is worrying many on here. Only takes 1 gamble and it ruins it all. Have you banned yourself from gambling in the bookies you go in with your Dad? I once drove to Warwickshire and had a choice of pay at toll or drive through Birmingham. I paid the toll. Years before I went to Exeter on trains and I had to change trains in Birmingham. Like running through hell trying to find the next station. Felt very closed in. Never been anywhere near Birmingham since. But guessing, there's not much to do there? Other than bookies? Lovely day what about hiking or fishing with your Dad? The memory foam topper arrived, it's on the mattress. Had a funny smell to it Lol! Goodnight. Bella xx

Hey Twinnie, day 127 we’ve done well so far! It seems like the other people doing crafts are quite greedy!

There isn’t much to do in Birmingham to be honest, I’ve got things planned over the next few days so won’t be going and trying to make excuses not to go unless I know I’m only going to the pub.

Lol might need to spray the memory foam topper with some perfume and then you can be sleeping in a nice smelled bed!

Have a nice evening!

The memory foam topper has gone back to the supermarket. Doesn't matter how much Angel perfume I sprayed on it. There was no way that rancid smell was going to go.

My 16 yr old car goes for a Mot tomorrow.. She's never failed before. Took her for a carwash today.. Got to give her a treat eh! Lol..

Have a lovely evening.
Bella xx

I've had my car 4 yrs!

Posted : 25th February 2019 9:27 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)

Evening Ash. I think you are doing brilliantly. You have had a lot to cope with and are handling it well.

It is good to see you expanding your horizons and making plans. Once your eye is ok you will be back in the gym and that will make you feel good.

Sharing this journey with good people such as yourself helps in my recovery and I thank you for that...Stephen

Posted : 26th February 2019 1:05 am
Stopping123
(@stopping123)
Topic starter

Hey Bella, day 128, nearly 130! sorry to hear about your smelly memory foam topper, we all have these struggles but Atleast you’re spending your money trying to sort it out the gambling!! Hope your car passes it’s MOT, my cars 15 years old as well, took it for a valet which I should of done a long time ago but used to save whatever I could to gamble it. Now that I’m not gambling my car is a lot cleaner! How did you get on with your charger as well?

Hey Stephen

Thanks for the kind words, I’m out and about today with the sun shining. Have a few companies calling me up for job opportunities and a potential promotion at my work place so something to look forward to for my career.

Have written a list of things I want to get sorted in my personal life this week to complete to keep me occupied, have a fair bit to do with my business and discussed it with my family so have plans on improving it.

Been looking at houses also as I want to get on to the property ladder, something I felt I couldn’t give me ex as I was wasting money gambling. So something I went to do for myself and the next girl I meet. I’ll be coming in to a bit of inheritance soon so that will help me in then context, I think it would of gone on gambling if I never stopped, I’ve always had that quote in the back of my mind which is life is not about finding yourself but creating yourself, this is something that keeps me going when it’s getting tough and not to give in like I used too.

My parents are off to India soon as well so I’m going to be more domesticated around my house and learn to cook more. Not going to uni, my independence hasn’t been the greatest so this is something else I want to improve on. It’s crazy what you can do when you step back and think about how much you can improve as a person. Life can be good when you keep pushing yourself to be a better person, gambling prevents that. Keep going strong and it will reward you!

Posted : 26th February 2019 12:36 pm
ChasingRainbows
(@chasingrainbows)

Day 129.. We are nearly there 130 yes, then 150!

Chat Friday at 8 if your online.
Keep smiling.
Bella xx

Posted : 27th February 2019 9:00 pm
Stopping123
(@stopping123)
Topic starter

Hey twinnie, day 130! Feels great. I might be online but will have to see at it’s my dads birthday tomorrow so might have some plans with him.

had a lovely day yesterday, probably one of the best in a while. It was quite sunny so my friend contacted me cause he was off work, decided to meet him and another one of my friends. Both from college. We went to slug and lettuce and had a lunch meal outside in the sun with a drink. Felt like the college days again, We decided to book a trip to turkey in July so getting it all finalised today so something to look forward to. Then I met my lady friend where we went bowling, I managed to win by 1 point which she wasn’t happy about lol then took her to a rooftop bar where we had a drink and had a nice conversation together. Then went for some food and decided to book a day out to London together where I’ll take her to Mayfair and for some cocktaiks in the shard. All the money I would of saved up from not gambling I can live the life that we work so hard for. It’s crazy how we think a £100 is nothing when it comes to gambling.

Stay gambling free, life can only get better.

Posted : 28th February 2019 11:26 am
ChasingRainbows
(@chasingrainbows)

Stopping123 wrote:

Hey twinnie, day 130! Feels great. I might be online but will have to see at it’s my dads birthday tomorrow so might have some plans with him.

had a lovely day yesterday, probably one of the best in a while. It was quite sunny so my friend contacted me cause he was off work, decided to meet him and another one of my friends. Both from college. We went to slug and lettuce and had a lunch meal outside in the sun with a drink. Felt like the college days again, We decided to book a trip to turkey in July so getting it all finalised today so something to look forward to. Then I met my lady friend where we went bowling, I managed to win by 1 point which she wasn’t happy about lol then took her to a rooftop bar where we had a drink and had a nice conversation together. Then went for some food and decided to book a day out to London together where I’ll take her to Mayfair and for some cocktaiks in the shard. All the money I would of saved up from not gambling I can live the life that we work so hard for. It’s crazy how we think a £100 is nothing when it comes to gambling.

Stay gambling free, life can only get better.

Hi Ash,

How crazy eh.. And now £100 can get us so much enjoyment with family and friends.
Sounds like a great few days planned. I've had a great day to. I first went to the dentist. Then I met a new friend and we first went shopping then to Subway for a chicken salad and diet cola.. Living on the edge lol!

Your holiday and cocktail plans sound fabulous. I'm seeing another friend tomorrow and have family visiting at weekend.

Have a good evening.
Bella xx

Posted : 28th February 2019 7:33 pm
Stopping123
(@stopping123)
Topic starter

How did the dentist go? I hate the dentist lol it’s like the worst feeling ever! Ah that’s nice you made a new friend, Atleast it’s keeping you occupied from all the gambling. Hope you have a nice time with your other friend and your family 🙂

Nearly day 131!

Posted : 28th February 2019 10:11 pm
Page 3 / 5

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close