500 Days GF

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@ct_reewired)
Topic starter

Hi Guys, 

Yes just as I wrote in the title today marks 500 days gamble free for me and after more than a decade of struggles, spending everything I ever made and being crippled with debt (high interest loans, phone contracts, multiple credit cards) if someone was too say that I would make 500 days without gambling I wouldn't have believed them.

I'm not going to lie and say that even after this amount of time the impulse ever leaves you but it does lessen and now I feel that the urges have got to a point that I am mindful enough to keep them under control.

My life has been exponentially better from taking holidays that I would have previously missed out on to my relationships with people and even just my mood in general. So yeah for anyone needing a little motivation I promise it's definitely worth it.
I still have bad days and some of the same issues in my day to day life that I would of had anyway but overall general life is far better and my outlook has changed for the positive.

The difference these days is I don't try to use gambling as an escape and I do my best to deal with any problems I'm having the best way I can without burying my head and putting myself at a further financial and mental burden.

I've made this post for the reasons both to look back and see how far I've come on my journey but more importantly I hope it serves as inspiration to anyone that is struggling you can do it I'm proof and that change is possible, it won't happen overnight and you'll probably still have some of the issues that life was going to throw at you anyway but it's worth it. 

Just take it one day at a time whether you  need to journal, come back to the forum or attend therapy and meetings just take it one day at a time my friend it will be worth it.

Best of luck.

Posted : 2nd May 2022 9:38 am
Forum admin
(@forum-admin)
Admin

Hi CT_Reewired,

Well done on 500 days gamble-free! Thank you for coming back to forum to post about your progress. It sounds like your life is improving and you're dealing with things in a much healthier way these days. It would be great to hear more about what you've done that you've found helpful as I'm sure it would be inspirational for people to hear that.

Do feel free to return and update this thread with your ongoing progress!

Take care,

Deirdre
Forum Admin

Posted : 2nd May 2022 10:05 pm
Detrimental
(@detrimental)

Well done CT

Posted : 4th May 2022 1:52 pm
(@ct_reewired)
Topic starter

@detrimental Thanks and congrats to you too 600+ days GF your doing awesome!

Posted : 7th May 2022 3:22 pm
(@ct_reewired)
Topic starter

@forum-admin Thanks Deirdre I'm definitely going to document and share my journey more with others the future!

Posted : 7th May 2022 3:24 pm

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close