Going to keep this thread now!

3,771 Posts
146 Users
5 Likes
290.4 K Views
(@freda)
Topic starter

o*g o*g o*g!!!!!! 

Meeting with my manager today. Still blushing! 

He is not with his kids' mam anymore. We hardly talked about work. He was asking how long I'd been split with my husband and I told him he'd left me for someone else 4 years ago. He said "what an idiot!" and "that must have been awful" and I said it really was.

I'm as sure as I can be that he does like me. I said I wanted to reduce my hours because I hate it now everything has changed and is so hectic. I said I know I seem fine because I'm cheerful and seem confident but I struggle with the longer shifts and it's affecting other areas of my life as I'm too tired to go out after work but I want to go on dates and stuff. He raised his eyebrows and laughed and said "oh, right!" and I said "well I'm not getting any younger!" and I just went bright red. You could have cut the tension with a knife. 

I really like him. Oh, god. It's crossing that boundary though. I'd have to do it - with him being my boss. He can't ask me out. If I was wrong I'd be sooo embarrassed! Arrrrghhh!

Posted : 28th September 2019 5:13 pm
(@freda)
Topic starter

o*g o*g o*g!!!!!! 

He is not with his kids' mam anymore. We hardly talked about work. He was asking how long I'd been split with my husband and I told him he'd left me for someone else 4 years ago. He said "what an idiot!" and "that must have been awful" and I said it really was.

I'm as sure as I can be that he does like me. I said I wanted to reduce my hours because I hate it now everything has changed and is so hectic. I said I know I seem fine because I'm cheerful and seem confident but I struggle with the longer shifts and it's affecting other areas of my life as I'm too tired to go out after work but I want to go on dates and stuff. He raised his eyebrows and laughed and said "oh, right!" and I said "well I'm not getting any younger!" and I just went bright red. You could have cut the tension with a knife. 

I really like him. Oh, god. It's crossing that boundary though. I'd have to do it - with him being my boss. He can't ask me out. If I was wrong I'd be sooo embarrassed! Arrrrghhh!

Posted : 28th September 2019 5:14 pm
(@freda)
Topic starter

o*g o*g o*g!!!!!! 

Posted : 28th September 2019 5:15 pm
(@freda)
Topic starter

o*g o*g o*g!!!!!! 

Posted : 28th September 2019 5:15 pm
(@freda)
Topic starter

o*g o*g o*g!!!!!! 

Posted : 28th September 2019 5:16 pm
(@freda)
Topic starter

o*g o*g o*g!!!!!! 

Posted : 28th September 2019 5:17 pm
(@freda)
Topic starter

He messaged me a couple of hours after work, on the work thing. Saying "I've remembered now why I was telling you about my daughter, I'll tell you when I next see you. Enjoy your holiday, see you when you get back!" 

So I said "I'll be wondering now! Just text me!" Giving him the permission to text me if he wanted, on account of him being my manager - he has my number but can't really use it for non-work things. Unless I say it's OK. But he said it's too long to type out. He said she was sat next to him, having her tea and said something that reminded him why he'd started telling me the story. But....he'll tell me whenI'm back at work. So he's thinking about me outside of work but then he's saying he'll talk to me in a week :-/ 

I replied saying "it better be a good story, cos you've kind of built it up now"  and he says haha, thanks for today, you did amazing, you star. I sometimes call him by his initials, so I replied "anything for you, CT :-)" and he just replied with that blushy smiley face.

I can't live like this, man! what is going on??!!!

Posted : 28th September 2019 9:08 pm
(@freda)
Topic starter

He messaged me a couple of hours after work, on the work thing. Saying "I've remembered now why I was telling you about my daughter, I'll tell you when I next see you. Enjoy your holiday, see you when you get back!" 

So I said "I'll be wondering now! Just text me!" Giving him the permission to text me if he wanted, on account of him being my manager - he has my number but can't really use it for non-work things. Unless I say it's OK. But he said it's too long to type out. He said she was sat next to him, having her tea and said something that reminded him why he'd started telling me the story. But....he'll tell me whenI'm back at work. So he's thinking about me outside of work but then he's saying he'll talk to me in a week :-/ 

I replied saying "it better be a good story, cos you've kind of built it up now"  and he says haha, thanks for today, you did amazing, you star. I sometimes call him by his initials, so I replied "anything for you, CT :-)" and he just replied with that blushy smiley face.

Posted : 28th September 2019 9:09 pm
(@freda)
Topic starter

Posted : 28th September 2019 9:10 pm
(@freda)
Topic starter

How long do I have to wait for someone to tell me "he loves you!" ? hehe!

Howay man!

Posted : 28th September 2019 10:56 pm
(@freda)
Topic starter

How long do I have to wait for someone to tell me "he loves you!" ? hehe!

Howay man!

Posted : 28th September 2019 10:57 pm
S.A
 S.A
(@s-687)

Well I hope your new love interest works out for you 🙂

But try not to let your emotions run away with you... sometimes we set ourselves up for a fall??

Is that fair comment?

Am sure you know what I mean.

Anyway.. happy days... enjoy 🙂

Posted : 29th September 2019 9:28 am
(@freda)
Topic starter

Yeah, this morning, I'm like " meh, who knows what is going on! " 

I think there is mutual attraction but he may not be willing to cross that line with one of his staff.

Posted : 29th September 2019 10:06 am
(@freda)
Topic starter

Well, I've gone and done it again! The thing that is most disturbing is that I don't even have strong feelings of despair, or anything. I'm just fairly numb.

I have blown a months wages in 3 days. Life just feels so meaningless and empty without love.

I have just asked to reduce my hours at work, as well. Ugh! 

It's such a waste of money. When I think of how I could have paid that off my mortgage balance, or had counselling every week for 4 months. It's crazy!

I met with a guy on Sunday, who I think likes me but I'm not sure. I kind of.... would, but not that attracted at the moment. It was really brave of me and good for me to spend time with someone new. It felt really easy and natural. A new friend, if nothing else. 

I miss the boss but I don't think my feelings for him are healthy. He's just warm and takes an interest in me and gives amazing hugs.

Posted : 2nd October 2019 10:16 am
S.A
 S.A
(@s-687)

Freda!... this isn't like you, normally your the one send wise words my way after iv'e gambled my monthly wage. Swings and roundabouts I suppose.

Its the love thing isn't it?... nobody loves me. nobody cares?... but as I think you know yourself.. your ok just as you are, doing all the interesting creative things that you often talk about... and swimming in the north sea!

I think you have a spiritual side too and in that sense you know that after our earthly life we go to a place where everybody is loved unconditionally. We are here on earth to learn to love ourselves and help others in the process. 

You don't want to get back on the gambling round about. To add gambling only amplifies feelings of emptyness 100 fold.

Dust yourself down get back on your horse and be proud of yourself.

Big hug ((((( you))))) your ok just as you are 🙂

Posted : 2nd October 2019 4:01 pm
Page 206 / 252

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close