Going to keep this thread now!

3,771 Posts
146 Users
5 Likes
290.3 K Views
(@freda)
Topic starter

I feel so tired. I thought I was feeling sorry for myself but I looked at my calendar and I have had 4 periods in 5 weeks. That's pretty legit, really for a fair reason to be struggling with energy. It's a hoot being nearly 45...

I didn't gamble today.

Posted : 13th March 2024 12:04 am
Forum admin
(@forum-admin)
Admin

@freda well done no gambling, particularly when coping with what you are. If you haven't already, please consider speaking to your GP. Also have a look at this menopausesupport.co.uk – Supporting You Through Change

Good luck

Jane, Forum Admin

Posted : 13th March 2024 10:03 am
(@freda)
Topic starter

Said I would post about the appointment I had. I wasn't wasting their time. They said I probably do meet the diagnostic criteria. As I suspected, I'm just on the edge of diagnosable. Perhaps some would say otherwise, that's why I've wondered and no-one has mentioned it before now, in a healthcare setting. They don't tend to, with very mild and subtle.

Posted : 28th March 2024 10:35 am
(@freda)
Topic starter

I'm having an emotional day. I'm sick of focusing on myself all the time but I sometimes feel like it takes all of my energy, processing my thoughts and feelings. Especially if someone reacts in a surprising way, to a joke I share, or something. 

It's like my version of reality is faulty, or something and I feel scared and alone because I don't understand other people. I sent a picture of a hand shaped cookie to two friends - neither of whom are particularly religious - and the caption says "Easter cookies - nailed it" it's jam in the centre of a hand. Supposed to be Jesus's hand. Both were quite shocked and I really was confused. It's not saying it's funny to get a nail through your hand, it's just a funny interpretation of making something seasonal, I thought. Just funny cos it's weird. 

Maybe everyone goes through this and I just struggle more with feeling abnormal.

Posted : 28th March 2024 1:55 pm
(@freda)
Topic starter

got myself out to a yoga class tonight and did meditation earlier. proud of myself for getting on with some good stuff

Posted : 28th March 2024 9:29 pm
(@freda)
Topic starter

Had the third of my asd assessments today. Feel a bit weird about it, as it seems like I'm just on the threshold, the woman isn't sure.

It's quite nuanced, I think. 

Anyway, I know I can't manage what other people can, even though I do my best, so what does a diagnostic label change?

I am who I am. I definitely have some mental and emotional challenges. I just have to do my best.

Posted : 15th April 2024 6:00 pm
Page 252 / 252

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close