[Closed] 2019 Challenge

910 Posts
95 Users
2 Likes
122.3 K Views
gadaveuk
(@gadaveuk)

Hi

Just for today I will not gamble, over time as I abstain I am able to live a healthier life one day at a time.

By abstaining from gambling I am no longer hurting myself.

Love and peace to every one.

Dave L

AKA Dave of Beckenham

Posted : 10th June 2019 3:09 pm
David
(@d122010)

Day 147. Checking in 

Posted : 10th June 2019 11:25 pm
boxingdayfresh
(@boxingdayfresh)

Thanks for the update. Day 95 checking in gamble free and feeling the financial benefit of almost 100 days free of spinning reels ! 

Posted : 12th June 2019 5:26 pm
gadaveuk
(@gadaveuk)

Hi

I am able to celebrate each day with out gambling today.

When a person lets me know there are free from their addiction and obsessions just for today I get pleasure from their success.

Once I put a lot of time and effort in to my recovery and handed over all of my finances and started to abstain my recovery was going to become much easier.

The money was just the fuel for my addiction.

It is called a spiritual recovery program, yet I am a non religious person.

If I am able to be gambling free for today then any one can do it.

If I not escaping in my fears today then any one can do it.

Each time I went back to my addictions I needed to understand what was my last emotional trigger was.

The recovery program helped me understand that I was like a rat in a wheel going faster and faster getting no where healthy.

The recovery program works like mountain climbers tied together with ropes who find safe and secure ways of learning and finding new skills in living a healthier life today.

Why do I stick with my recovery today because I am the beneficiary and my family are living a healthy secure life today.

My family do not fear me today.

Dave L

AKA Dave of Beckenham

Posted : 13th June 2019 6:58 pm
chartom3
(@chartom3)

Checking in for the week on day 552

Posted : 13th June 2019 8:24 pm
bdog
 bdog
(@bdog)

Checking in 

Gamble free

At peace with myself 

Posted : 13th June 2019 10:57 pm
gadaveuk
(@gadaveuk)

Hi

Just for today I will not gamble, a boundary I set for myself so that I will not hurt myself or hurt other people.

Just for today means I stay focused on today, not to worry about tomorrow, understand that I am not able to change my past.

When I do not gamble I do not hurt myself, I do not hurt other people.

Once I have said or done some thing to hurt other people I can not take that pain back.

The recovery program helped me to things out before I reacted in unhealthy ways.

The recovery program helped me understand that my unhealthy reactions to people life and situations was very unhealthy to myself and very unhealthy to other people.

That my unhealthy reactions helped me understand that hurt inner child was not healed.

The recovery program helped me understand that my anger was an unhealthy reaction was due to my pains not healed, that my anger was an unhealthy reaction was due to my fears not being faced, that my anger was an unhealthy reaction was due to my unreasonable expectations of people life and situations, that by having unreasonable expectations I was in effect hurting myself.

Just for today only I will not gamble, just for today only I will not smoke, just for today only I will not escape to addictions or obsessions, just for today only I will not transfer or dump my pains fears frustrations on to other people, just for today only I will be patient and tolerant with myself, just for today only I will validate and compliment myself for being healthy.

Just for today only I will content with any kind of progress.

Dave L

AKA Dave of Beckenham

Posted : 14th June 2019 11:36 am
onlyme
(@onlyme)

Checking in for the week gf

Posted : 15th June 2019 9:50 am
(@gr3884)

Checking in - One week GF 🙂

Posted : 15th June 2019 11:51 am
gadaveuk
(@gadaveuk)

HI

Thank you for your honest and showing strength to us all.

Each time we go back to our addiction becomes a lesson we can learn from.

My emotional triggers were my pains not healed. My emotional triggers were my fears not faced.

My emotional triggers were my frustrations due to my unreasonable expectations of people life and situations. By me having unreasonable expectations of people life and situations I was effect causing myself pains time and time again.

My emotional triggers were my feelings of loneliness due to my fears of emotional intimacy. My emotional triggers were my feelings of being bored. I can be honest today with out being cruel or adversely affecting other people. I can embrace change towards healthy habits today.

My unhealthy reactions to people life and situations indicated that my hurt inner child was not healed.

Please keep going to meetings, you will benefit from it in so many ways.

Dave L

AKA Dave of Beckenham

Posted : 15th June 2019 2:22 pm
Walliss77
(@walliss77)

Checking in gamble free. 

Posted : 15th June 2019 3:08 pm
gadaveuk
(@gadaveuk)

Hi

There is a tendency to think because we go back to gambling that we have lost our clean time.

That is not so, our clean time can not be lost, yet each time we go back to our addictions and obsessions we can learn from our last emotional triggers.

Nothing is gained by us being hard on our selves.

How can we learn from our last experiences.

Please keep going to meetings, you will benefit from it in so many ways.

Dave L

AKA Dave of Beckenham

Posted : 16th June 2019 12:32 pm
Gareth1983
(@gareth1983)

Checking in for the week. Another week gone by with no gambling

Posted : 16th June 2019 12:34 pm
jonlostmydoe
(@jonlostmydoe)

Day 330

Posted : 16th June 2019 4:20 pm
Raj
 Raj
(@raj)

Hi Guys.. checking in still GF..been 22 months still without a penny spent on Gambling. Still 2 years away from being debt free.

Posted : 16th June 2019 8:44 pm
Page 40 / 61

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close