Help!!

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Been gambling for 8 years. Managed to shake it for 12 months but went back to it last year! I'm in debt from it (£15k) and feel like I've let my family down AGAIN! This time I am stopping but I need your help and advice! I can't go back. I feel if I go back that will be it.

Posted : 5th February 2017 3:22 pm
(@Anonymous)

Not been on here long myself mate, There will be ALOT more expierenced people to give advice.

From my take on things mate you did the right thing coming on here, I really think i would have carried on gamberlIn if it wasn't for people on here!

There's self exclusion numbers counselling numbers all sorts mate people will give you!

If you want to quit you will quit, I blew 8k worth of my own stuff and just short of 15 in debt in a year. There's people on here that have done so much more and still managed to quit remember you can't chase losses ! Good luck pal

Posted : 5th February 2017 4:41 pm
GFDan
(@gfdan)

Hi Daz

Great advice from Blownitagaib above, give the advice line a call and speak to someone, come clean to family and friends.

Until you have you may try and keep trying to win back the money to keep the secret of what you have done. You'll never win back the losses, so keep the losses, don't add to it and come clean. Im new myself but now everyone knows i have a problem i'm being monitored by the wife and family and after giving up my finances to my wife and by putting blocks in place i can't gamble.

All the best

Posted : 6th February 2017 1:09 pm
(@Anonymous)

Hi Daz,

Be confident that you can beat this as you have already gone a year gamble free. How did you do that? What methods did you use? Can you open up to someone who can help you on this journey?

I have relapsed badly in the past but treated it as a reminder of why I should never gamble again. Dont let a relapse get you down and stop you from all the good work you have done...see it as life lesson learned.

Step change are good with advice if you are struggling with debt repayments. You can do this and live a happy gamble free life.

Posted : 7th February 2017 1:02 am

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close