Slipped back massively

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Hi all,

New here but not new to gambling unfortunately. Last year I finally quit and began saving for a house with my girlfriend. I had 1600 saved and then in the last few days I started gambling again and lost 1300 of it.

I can't tell her as it will end the relationship because it took so much for her to trust me to stop last year.
I just feel awful, a few days ago I was sitting happy with life and myself and now look where I am. I just cannot even put into words how I feel right now. The whole thing is a bit of a blur to be honest and I think it is somewhat comparable to when murderers say they can't really recall things as it just sort of happened in a blur and that's what I feel like.

My girlfriend is coming round later tonight and will undoubtedly ask to check my bank and see that its almost all gone. Months of hard work just gone.

It's funny because I know I can stop again now plus I've just acquired gamstop which will add extra security for me but I know I can do it again. It's the fact that I've lost 1300 and I can't get that back. If I had it now I could carry on without any worries and not gamble.

Posted : 15th February 2019 3:28 pm
(@Anonymous)

I'm in the same position I've just started learning coming clean with my girlfriends it's the best way she's now helping me stop hence why I'm on here let me know how you get on

Posted : 22nd February 2019 10:03 pm

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close