211 Days Gamble Free

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@londoneye)
Topic starter

Celebrating 211 Days Gamble Free. I still have some way to go in order to fully pay off my debts as a result of gambling but I enter 2024 in such a better state both financially and mentally. Do not let this addiction win. You have all got it. We can all do it. I have very difficult days still where I think about all of the so called "good" experiences I had with gambling but this is all fantasy because being 12K in debt, not being able to focus on anything other than gambling, losing all of the hobbies and interests I had and all concentration I had for them, the shame of gambling and the secrecy of it all is far from the desirable image that my brain likes to sometimes delude me into thinking gambling is.

I have provided a list of benefits related to myself since becoming free, I hope you may be able to relate yourself and that it may help you if you are at the start of your recovery.

Pros of being a gambler: NONE

Pros of being a happy and free non gambler

1: I feel in complete control of my life.

2: I am more social, I can watch a movie, hang out with friends and family without the secret urge to get back home to gamble on my own.

3: I have money that I can now use to eat out and pay for nice gifts for friends and family.

4: I have got back into my old hobbies and interests which means I have made new friends and now meet up regularly with old friends too.

5: I no longer wake up on the 1st of every month having with dread, anxiety and worry thinking about how I am going to pay for my bills and food for the month and moreover who I'm going to ask or what excuse I am going to make up this time to borrow money.

6: I eat more nutritious food as the gambling isn't a priority in my life anymore as a result my mental health and my physical health have improved massively.

7: My debts are now a priority and as a result I have paid off more than £2500 since stopping 211 days ago and I'm now starting to see that light at the end of the tunnel which seemed so far away before.

8: I am more spiritual

9: I no longer have mood swings and I do not get stressed out due to the constant chasing. I am also not exhausted as a result of being in constant cycles of gambling all my money away. As a result I am performing better in my personal and professional life.

10: No having to hide the shame that comes with gambling, not having to lie to those around about why I can't afford to go out or why I need to borrow money for the month.

This topic was modified 4 months ago by LondonEye

Posted : 30th December 2023 4:57 pm
(@i7r9twun1f)

Just to add another good point of not gambling 

Getting a good night’s sleep no more dreams of money cascades and laser lights flashing through the mind plus waking up like you have ran a marathon 🤗😋

Posted : 30th December 2023 5:13 pm
 Chaz
(@tkqlrjs682)

Congratulations

I am struggling, I manage a few week and think just one win will fix things. My partner will leave me if i do it again. I  can't get past the month

Posted : 30th December 2023 5:15 pm
Tazman
(@tazman)

Well done mate im in a similar boat am currently on day 173 g/f and i do appreciate it im going out with friends movies resturants etc i had a debt of 5k am down to 1.5k in short amount of time i realised the value of money i use to have unrealistic value of money not knowing if i earned any amount i would be worse off, i use to have a decent job which funded my gambling addiction im earning far less and am in far better situation then i ever was

Posted : 30th December 2023 6:01 pm
(@londoneye)
Topic starter

@i7r9twun1f That can be number 11 😀

Posted : 1st January 2024 10:45 pm
(@londoneye)
Topic starter

@tkqlrjs682 Chaz you can do it! I purchased Allen Carr’s “stop gambling now” book and it’s been a complete game changer for me. I tried and failed many times but have been free of this disease for more than 213 days now. It was the best £9 I spent on Amazon. You’re already 50% there by the sounds of things you just need some support wether that’s a book, GA or the forums don’t sit alone. Make 2024 your year.

Posted : 1st January 2024 10:49 pm
(@londoneye)
Topic starter

@tazman Well done Taz your an inspiration and thank you for your good wishes. It’s nice to see we have a shared gratefulness for the things we lost when we gambled and are now grateful to have back in our lives.

Posted : 1st January 2024 10:51 pm

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close