28/03/21 - 251 Days GF - No Debt

166 Posts
22 Users
0 Likes
24.7 K Views
Secret♡
(@secret-2)

Congratulations on your 11month  Gambling free milestone. What an achievement, so proud of you! Even with temptations of local betting shops you preservered and beat through those urges. Shows how strong you have become.

Thank you for popping by my diary with your kind words and lovely poem. It really means alot so thank you ?

Kate 

Posted : 23rd June 2021 10:17 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Posted by: Secretaddict

Congratulations on your 11month  Gambling free milestone. What an achievement, so proud of you! Even with temptations of local betting shops you preservered and beat through those urges. Shows how strong you have become.

Thank you for popping by my diary with your kind words and lovely poem. It really means alot so thank you ?

Kate 

Thank you dearest Kate

For those kind words of support

Your empathy inspires me

To live the way I ought

Gamcare friends are magical

Supportive hand-in-hand

They give me strength & comfort 

As I make my final stand

Aum ?

Posted : 25th June 2021 11:44 am
(@rochg)

Hi Stephen and hope all is well with you!  My I add my congratulations as you hit 343 days gambling-free. Or, as the Romans might say, CCCXLIII !

I don't know about you Stephen but these are the best months of the year, which is flying by isn't it, for me. June and July always seem to get the best weather. Let's make the most of it.

Wishing you a spectacularly relaxing and fulfilling week Stephen and roll on CCCXLVIV !

Posted : 28th June 2021 7:35 pm
(@adam123)

Hi stephen i remember giving you the advice of being cautious regarding bookies opening by letting them know youre excluded and putting the right barriers in place.... whether its been the barriers, a change of mindset, a hange of life style or all of the above it's great to see you thriving.......I like to say congratulations it's great to see you do so well my friend..... Ill be here celebrating ur year mark......  then celebrating a great year 2021 in december on here.

Ill allways be here

Forever as we look out for each other.

All the best adam xxx 

Posted : 1st July 2021 9:13 pm
(@debsy371)

Hello Stephen. Happy to see you doing so well. Thankyou for always showing so much support. I just wanted to say how proud I am to virtually know you xx 

Posted : 2nd July 2021 6:57 pm
(@stace)

Aum, after I left, your diary was one of the ones I still regularly read ? so super proud of you, your doing amazing ?

Stace 

???????

Posted : 3rd July 2021 8:27 am
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Many thanks Roch, Adam, Debsy & Stace. I greatly appreciate your visiting my diary. Your encouragement and kindness mean a lot to me.

Hello Diary.

Looking forward to a charity outdoor music event this afternoon. Hope the rain holds off.

Feeling good about life and future prospects. I know there is unpleasantness in the world but there is also beauty, laughter and opportunities to explore.

Gamble free with gratitude

Resilient & hearty

Bring on a new adventure

For Aum is ready to party

???

This post was modified 3 years ago 2 times by Aum

Posted : 3rd July 2021 10:18 am
(@rochg)

If music be the food of love 

Then my neck is craning

Up to the heart-shapes in the skies

Even if it's rainin' !

I hope you enjoyed the outdoor music event yesterday Stephen whether it rained or not 🙂

Posted : 4th July 2021 9:34 am
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you Roch for the excellent post on my diary. Your rhyme brought a smile to my face ?.

Hello Diary.

Have enjoyed a fun weekend. It was good meeting people at the music event who I hadn't seen for a long time.

No thoughts or urges to gamble which is a good thing. Leading up to the Euros I was tempted but was ok after it kicked off.

Today sees me 350 days gamble-free. I feel contented, hopeful and have peace of mind.

Sincere thanks to gamcare friends who have helped me along the way.

My thoughts and prayers today are with those who are struggling to cope.

Whatever has gone on in our lives, it is pointless dragging worries and guilt around like a ball and chain. It is good to make amends when and where possible but than we need to move on.

Aum ?

Posted : 5th July 2021 12:05 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

?? Stressed but hopeful ??

The housing association I contacted regarding a move have put me on the waiting list and I don't think I will have to wait too long. 

Have to give the council 4 weeks notice to leave this property so it means I will be paying two lots of rent for 4 weeks ?. 

Am now worrying unnecessarily about things I will need to purchase and other expenses I will incur.

Just smiled to myself because I still have no desire to gamble whereas the old me would have been thinking about winning money. 

Whatever the trials and tribulations I can hold my head high and be proud that I am gamble-free. 

Aum ???

This post was modified 3 years ago by Aum

Posted : 6th July 2021 11:09 am
(@charlieboy)

Aum, you're doing so good you deserve good things to come your way. You constantly help others, including me I don't post as much but I still read and follow my friends here every day ?

Posted : 6th July 2021 5:47 pm
Scottydog71
(@scottydogg)

Thankyou for your kind words I must apologise for not being here life is hard and we must Continue to fight I hope to come in the chat soon scotty??

Posted : 6th July 2021 9:11 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you for visiting my diary Charlieboy & Scotty. As gamcare friends we go back a long way and there will always be a place in my heart for you both.

Hello Diary ? 353 days and counting. 

The good ship ?HOPE? has weathered storms

Cruel demons rocked the boat

But Captain Aum tied to the mast

Performed the way he ought

The year long voyage

Nears its end

Twelve days away from dock

Dancing shoes at the ready 

Aum is ready to Rock

???

Aum ?

This post was modified 3 years ago 2 times by Aum

Posted : 8th July 2021 9:58 am
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

? 355 days gamble-free ?

Soon will be a year

Standing proud & resolute 

Nothing at all to fear

Aum ?

Posted : 10th July 2021 11:27 am
Secret♡
(@secret-2)

Well done Aum, super proud of your achievement, not long now for that 1 year mark. ???

Posted : 10th July 2021 7:58 pm
Page 10 / 12

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close