28/03/21 - 251 Days GF - No Debt

166 Posts
22 Users
0 Likes
24.7 K Views
Forum admin
(@forum-admin)
Admin

Amazing progress Aum, well done! Always an inspiration to others too.  Clearly you are doing a lot of thinking about how to protect yourself. Others may have some suggestions regarding money management. Feel free to talk to us too.

Best Wishes 

Fiona 

Forum Admin 

Posted : 4th April 2021 2:06 am
(@rochg)

Good morning Stephen as you hit Day 259!

I know that I may have triggered in you a concern for when Lockdown eases meaning that extra opportunities might present themselves and we have to be ready.  I am genuinely sorry if I have given you upset.

I implore you not to get distressed; the fact that you are thinking about it and are concerned shows you care greatly about your recovery, which you have tended to like a dedicated gardener looks after their perfectly manicured lawns and flowerbeds.  Using this analogy, we are making sure we are alert to any weeds that might spring up and making sure you have a very big bottle of weedkiller to hand!

The weedkiller you have contains blockers, determination and *huge awareness* of the situation. It is a potent mix Stephen and you are readying the mixture, with quiet confidence, but no complacency, ready to keep that hard-earned garden looking absolutely spot on.

Wishing you an enjoyable Easter weekend, my friend. 

This post was modified 3 years ago 3 times by RochG

Posted : 4th April 2021 10:34 am
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Many thanks Fiona & Roch. Your visit to my diary has given me plenty to think about regarding my recovery and your support is greatly appreciated. 

I like the analogy Roch and will be thinking of my life as a garden to be tended with loving care and allowed to flourish.

It might be important to pull up and discard what is detrimental to my garden but am aware that some very good plants can be mistaken for weeds and vice versa! I will therefore, need to exercise caution and be diligent. 

The garden of my mind will be a refreshing oasis. 

A veritable Garden of Eden with a place for apples and daisies. 

Calmness and tranquility will permeate the shrubs. 

And laughter love and kindness will be shared by worms and bugs. 

Aum ?

This post was modified 3 years ago 3 times by Aum

Posted : 4th April 2021 8:56 pm
(@rochg)

Another wonderfully crafted verse Stephen and very salient points made about our recovery 'garden' - sometimes the weeds pretend they're flowers and can fool us ... so we need to be extra aware.

And let the worms and bugs be our friends, our lookouts in the garden.  They know the terrain better than everyone. They represent our senses.  Let's sniff out any trouble early.

Apropos to nothing, here's a ditty from the late great Spike Milligan:

Big fleas have little fleas

Upon their backs to bite 'em,

And little fleas have lesser fleas

And so ad infinitum.

Wishing you an enjoyable ahead, Stephen 🙂

Posted : 5th April 2021 9:46 am
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Posted by: RochG

Another wonderfully crafted verse Stephen and very salient points made about our recovery 'garden' - sometimes the weeds pretend they're flowers and can fool us ... so we need to be extra aware.

And let the worms and bugs be our friends, our lookouts in the garden.  They know the terrain better than everyone. They represent our senses.  Let's sniff out any trouble early.

Apropos to nothing, here's a ditty from the late great Spike Milligan:

Big fleas have little fleas

Upon their backs to bite 'em,

And little fleas have lesser fleas

And so ad infinitum.

Wishing you an enjoyable ahead, Stephen 🙂

Thank you Roch. Your wonderful post brought a smile to my face. 

Hello Diary. 

I live near a big supermarket and today purchased a Tesco Gift Card credited with £150. I want to get back into the habit of using it for when the restrictions are lifted so I can leave my bank card at home.

260 days GF today

Feeling good. 

Aum ?

This post was modified 3 years ago 2 times by Aum

Posted : 5th April 2021 9:39 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Sunshine ? wispy white clouds 

Blowing in the wind

261 short days ago

Gambling it got binned

Aum ?

Posted : 6th April 2021 10:44 am
(@rochg)

For some reason Stephen I couldn't resist looking out from the window from where I'm typing this and all I could see was ... sunshine and wispy white clouds.   Such natural beauty.  The canvas of the sky is awesome is it not 🙂

I read that 261 was once the lowest number not to have its own Wikipedia pages thus making it a candidate for the lowest uninteresting number on Wikipedia!

Well, it might not matter to Wikipedia (it's got it's own page now 🙂 ) but when used in the context of a gambling-free life then it means a great deal.

Happy 261 days Stephen. Looking forward to 262; but one step at a time!

P.S.  A superb approach buying the supermarket gift card.  I am going to do exactly the same. A really really good idea. 

Posted : 6th April 2021 4:48 pm
(@debsy371)

Hello my friend. Just checking in and wanted to let you know how well you are doing. You inspire me cx

Posted : 7th April 2021 5:25 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you Roch & Debsy. Your visit to my diary has made my day so much better. 

Hello Diary. 

Had an eye test last week and collected my new reading glasses today. Very pleased with them. 

Days are getting longer which is good. Lovely sunny day so went for a couple of pleasant walks. 

Aum ?

Posted : 7th April 2021 11:14 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

In the mood to sing a song

Wave to the heavens and dance

Grateful to be gamble free

And given one more chance

Where will this journey lead me? 

I ask myself with a grin

Not sure where I'm heading 

But know just where I've bin

I went to hell and back

Through torment terror & tears 

Now 262 days gamble free

Have laid to rest my fears

Aum?

Posted : 8th April 2021 12:45 pm
SB28
 SB28
(@sb28)

Very well done on your G free time Stephen. Little steps in right direction makes the whole journey worthwhile...

Keep going..brick by brick..

Enjoy the freedom you gifted yourself, you deserve it!

S&B xx

Posted : 8th April 2021 3:43 pm
(@rochg)

Great to read that your eyesight is back to tip-top Stephen; nothing worse than getting eye strain and I hope you're reading this, and everything else, just fine 🙂

I love these lines

Where will this journey lead me? 

I ask myself with a grin

Not sure where I'm heading 

But know just where I've bin

Isn't it wonderful to know, as we wake up for another day, that we've got another day. How precious life is 🙂

Wishing you a wonderful rest of the week ahead, Stephen, as you bathe in the rays of the sunshine of Day262 🙂

Posted : 8th April 2021 4:31 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you Sandra & Roch for visiting my diary. 

You messages of support mean a lot to me.

Wishing you both a weekend of contentment. 

Hello Diary. 

Last post before the weekend

Had intended to write a rhyme

But it is getting late 

And just don't have the time

When all I really need to say 

With a glance at the clock on the wall

Is 263 days gamble free

And ready to rock n roll. 

???

Aum 

This post was modified 3 years ago 2 times by Aum

Posted : 9th April 2021 11:26 pm
(@rochg)

Hi Stephen and as you wake up to Day 264, as we all reflect on the sad passing of Prince Phillip, we are yet again reminded by how precious life is and how we live it. And you are living it, I am living it, and so many of our fellow recovering buddies are living it too.

it’s lovely to know isn’t it.

Wishing you an enjoyable weekend, my friend.

Posted : 10th April 2021 9:28 am
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you Roch. 

Good to see people around the world celebrating the life of Prince Philip. He was a good ambassador for the UK and well respected throughout the world by those he had come into contact with. 

Hello Diary.

Recovery feels good and I am enjoying life. 

In making a complete break from gambling, part of me thinks now would be a good time to leave the diaries and move on but haven't made my mind up yet!

I am wondering if reading gambling stories on a daily basis is good for my recovery on a long term basis!

The Mallard in the Marina has 9 little ducklings following her around. They look so cute and the proud mum looked wonderful. 

Afraid for the Mallard in the town dock because she is nesting in a box containing plants in the outdoor restaurant space of a pub and when it reopens next week the customers will frighten her.

Being a wild lady duck is not easy by any stretch of the imagination! 

Aum ?

Posted : 10th April 2021 6:53 pm
Page 2 / 12

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close