28/03/21 - 251 Days GF - No Debt

166 Posts
22 Users
0 Likes
24.7 K Views
(@rochg)

Hi Stephen, as you step into Day 301, it all seems very fresh and new somehow, doesn't it.  Such firm ground underfoot, and the sun is out and the sea is blue. Here's to a relaxing, fulfilling Sunday.  The birds at the duckponds welcome your visit, they are getting to know you.  Everything's in tune 🙂 

Posted : 16th May 2021 10:04 am
 Loux
(@loux)

Well done on 301 days you have done amazing and should be so proud !

Lou x

Posted : 16th May 2021 12:06 pm
joannieb
(@joannieb)

Wow Stephen!! 300 days!! What an achievement ?? you must feel fantastic ?... I too feel that this gamcare community will be so much help in my recovery for sure!

Here's to your ongoing recovery.. And to everyone ?

Posted : 16th May 2021 3:50 pm
Secret♡
(@secret-2)

Wow, a huge congratulations to you on your achievement ? ?

Posted : 16th May 2021 4:05 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you Roch, Lou, Joanne & Secretaddict. Your support and encouragement are greatly appreciated.

Complacency can be dangerous as we all know but I do feel secure in my recovery and after 300 days gamble-free I cannot imagine going back to the misery I experienced before.

Wishing everyone peaceful, contented lives with wonderful adventures. 

Aum ?

This post was modified 3 years ago by Aum

Posted : 17th May 2021 1:44 am
(@rochg)

Hi Stephen and I truly know what you mean when you say you don't want to go back to the misery that gambling brings. I feel exactly the same way. I am sick of it. I don't know if it's because we're all coming out of lockdown but I simply don't want to go back to 'old' ways.

As you embark on Day 303 may I once again congratulate you, Stephen, as you walk shoulders back, head held high.

Posted : 18th May 2021 11:39 am
(@debsy371)

I missed you hitting 300 days . It’s an amazing achievement and one you must be so very proud of 

Posted : 18th May 2021 6:46 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you Roch & Debsy. Your support is greatly appreciated.

A newly born Moorhen chick made an appearance in a city centre pond today. I threw the dad some well soaked mealworm which he gave to his offspring. He went to give some to the two older chicks but they are old enough to feed on it themselves. He gave some to his wife as well. She is still sat on the nest.

The 5 remaining ducklings in the other pond are about 5 weeks old now and looking good.

Aum ?

Posted : 19th May 2021 11:28 pm
(@rochg)

Hi Stephen and always a pleasure to read your updates re, our feather friends. I do so using the voice of David Attenborough; adds gravitas somehow 🙂

Wishing you an enjoyable mid-May, Stephen; just that little bit more fulfilling, in every way 🙂

Posted : 20th May 2021 12:14 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you Roch Attenborough ?. 

New arrivals today for the two Moorhen families. The mothers are still sat on the nests but I got a glimpse of the newborn chicks as the fathers were feeding them the mealworm I threw in the ponds.

The problem for them is the rats which are increasing in number and getting bolder. One ran from nearby shrubs to the reed beds in one pond and jumped over my foot. Two people saw it and were quite taken aback. I was shocked that it ran so near to me.

However, the Moorhens make good parents and one couple have successfully raised two chicks which are over 5 weeks old now and getting more independent though the father still watches over them. The nests are in clumps of reed forming tiny islands so hopefully the parents can keep the chicks safe.

Birds have been a great help to me in recovering from gambling addiction. The daily ritual of feeding them has occupied my thoughts in a good way and it has got me out even on cold, wet and windy days. I will always be grateful to them for that.

Aum ?

This post was modified 3 years ago by Aum

Posted : 21st May 2021 1:14 am
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Enjoyed a couple of days meeting up with friends for walks, lunch and sightseeing.

All is well with the Moorhen chicks and the ducklings. I introduced them to my friend today who was very  impressed.

Aum ?

Posted : 22nd May 2021 6:49 pm
(@rochg)

It is so relaxing and therapeutic listening to your tales from t’pondlife Stephen, a quiet green corner that will forever be England (to slightly paraphrase).

It has made me look around -  and up! - at the nature all around us, but often never find the time to actually ‘look and stare’.

Wishing you an enjoyable weekend.

Posted : 23rd May 2021 10:05 am
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you Roch.

Pleased to report one of the Moorhen mums has now got six little beaks to feed. They look healthy and the father is busy catering to their needs.

A pleasant day here although it has been showery and windy. I do believe Hull is the nearest thing to heaven on earth and consider myself very fortunate to have landed here.

I wave to the gods in heaven

From here in good old Hull

Everyone contented

With smiles and bellies full

These blessed banks of the Humber

Where land and sea do meet

Citizens spread goodwill

To strangers that they meet

Aum ?

Posted : 23rd May 2021 8:28 pm
Scottydog71
(@scottydogg)

Hi Stephen hope you are well and enjoying your walks I will try and get on the weds chat  
  Scotty?? 

Posted : 24th May 2021 1:53 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you for visiting my diary Scotty.

The profile picture of your Scottie makes me smile, looks like a real character and I imagine you have enjoyed some great walks together.

Great to see you 442 days without gambling. You have always been a great source of inspiration to me and I thank you for that.

Aum ?

Posted : 25th May 2021 4:56 pm
Page 7 / 12

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close