Adam poker 2015-2022-the future

123 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
15.4 K Views
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Had thoughts of going back to drinking but thinking now I'll be better off sticking to the sobriety.....it's cost me less and I'm healthy so why change that....I love my coffee too so just keep up with that.

Organising a house warming well two house warmings in June....

Posted : 26th February 2022 12:29 am
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Hi diary,

Been a great day...... statrted off by going to hove and ordering my sofa..... went for a corner one in graphite....as i knew the salesperson they managed to give me free delivery too which saved me 79 pounds..... so that was great......

Then went to a friends to watch the cup final ........ a good game.......was a good watch...... invited a few people to my place for a bbq in the summer.....

Then came back and emailed carpet person to get a quote for the carpets.....  Hopefully get that sorted soon too.......

Also had roast beef and banofee pie can't go wrong today really.....

Back to work tomo full of beans so look forward to putting in some shifts next week.....

So all in all everything going well, looking forward to a lot of things and striving to do well at work.

All the best Adam

Posted : 27th February 2022 11:09 pm
gadaveuk
(@gadaveuk)

@adam123 

Hi Adam

It is very healthy to have a great productive day I enjoy those kind of days now.

It is nice that you are looking after your self and your home.

Being productive builds on my confidence and self esteem.

Once I reduced my fears in meetings and then in therapies.

I found for me mixing with healthy people and having healthy intimate friendly moments also helped in my healing of my pains.

The fact everything is going well, is down to what person now.

looking forward we are no longer living in the pains of our past.

Being more had more productive we find we have so much more potential than we thought we had in us. 

Love and peace to every one.

Dave L

AKA Dave Of Beckenham

Posted : 28th February 2022 10:55 am
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Hi Dave,

Thanks again for popping by i love seeing your posts they motivate me.

Had a tiring lazy day at work yesturday as was feeling down,...... then made up for it today with a super productive five hours where i literally didnt stop and got lots done......

Feeling good now.....

Getting carpet quote on tuesday next week so going to look forward to that and getting in flat soon.

Got all the decorating done now and ordered sofa so its all going swimmingly.

Onwards to another weekend....

Going out for a pizza next tuesday with friends free dessert with a voucher ive got.

Not sure what im up to this weekend prob stay in and catch up on sleep.

All the best adam xxx

Posted : 3rd March 2022 10:01 pm
gadaveuk
(@gadaveuk)

@adam123 

Hi Adam

I am glad that you can relate to my posts.

You say you were having a tiring lazy day at work yesterday.

Do you enjoy being at work.

I use to dread going to work, then understood I was not at work because I wanted to be there.

I even thought that I hated work.

On my last job I was going to hand in my notice to quit.

Then I decided to break down the reason I wanted to quit.

I then found out it was because I felt like I was being controlled, that I did not have any  choices.

For me once I understood I felt like I was being controlled I let go of it.

I also hated going to work, I did it resentfully.

In time as I got healthier I went to work because I wanted to be there.

No resentments, no doubting myself, no doubting or living in fear of others.

Once I got motivated in healthy ways I got so much more from the work I did.

Getting carpet done will help you feel proud of your home.

Before recovery I use to beat myself up.

Now in my recovery I reward myself and value myself.

Yes another weekend with out my unhealthy habits.

It is important to understand when we are feeling down and vulnerable and why.

I get great pleasure swimmingly yet do not do it enough recently.

It is very healthy to have friends and some humour intimacy.

I enjoy my life today not living in my fears of the unhealthy past.

I make the most of my time now.

Dave L

AKA Dave Of Beckenham UK

Posted : 4th March 2022 1:00 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

hi dave..... yes thankfully i like everyone i work with and thus like my job which is no small thing....

Another weekend done and dusted,..... havent left my house..... havent really left my bed lol.... been on gamcare a lot focusing on helping others with their journeys a long with helping my tohughts.... spent a bit of time watching slot winners which is definitely a bad idea but i get bored..... will aim to not do that again.... i know deep down they only show the winners and dont show the countless number more of the losers who get caught up in it and get into trouble so im no fool...... i will endevuer to not watch again..

Back to work tomo...... im not looking forward to it but im not dreading it.... an early night for me ill get my hot water bottle out again and snuggle up and sleep to the max rest up for the next day ahead..

Not long 8 weeks till my holiday to isle of whight should be good looking forward to the travelling and resting up not abroad but on a different island.

Ill leave it there...... hopefully by end of next week  my flat will be nearer completion and ill be clsoer to moving in not that im in a rush really.

Alll the best adam xxxx

Posted : 6th March 2022 10:28 pm
gadaveuk
(@gadaveuk)

@adam123 

Hi Adam

It is nice that you enjoy your work place.

It was white knuckling my recovery by not taking up my time getting Healthy things done.

It was fine if I needed to rest but hiding in my bed was very much fear based for me.

For my recovery I needed to be king and gentle with myself.

It was cruel and unhealthy to be hard on myself.

I found that my boredom was not healthy for me, I found I enjoyed being stimulated in so many healthy ways..

For me watching any form of gambling was not health for me.

It is nice to have an early night.

I have been to the isle of wright 3 times in my life time.

Moving can be a very testing time.

Dave L

AKA Dave Of Beckenham

Posted : 7th March 2022 2:09 am
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Carpetman came over flat after work ..... Should have a quote soon to get that sorted.

Went out for a meal tonight was lovely .

All the best Adam xxxx

Posted : 9th March 2022 12:16 am
gadaveuk
(@gadaveuk)

@adam123 

Hi

It is healthy to treat your self a night out and a meal out.

You are rewarding your selves.

Dave L

AKA Dave Of Beckenham UK

Posted : 10th March 2022 3:43 am
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Got the qoute back for the carpets today £922 (im happy with that)....... Will get them to start on it soon.....  Then will get my bed over to the flat next..... then will move my clothes over and kitchen stuff...... 

So plan.....

1) Get caprtes done.

2) Move bed over in van.

3) Move rest of stuff in car.

4) Move in!!!!!!!!!!!

Big step coming moving in..... but i feel ready....... looking forward to sharing the two houses.....

Voices have been getting progressively worse lately, hearing them at work and over various evenings since last injection....... but im in a good place to deal with them currently.

Work is going super well........ somedays im pretty lax in the afternoons (ill have a couple of cups of tea rather than working thruout...... But i makesure everything that needs to be done is done and im soo experienced now everything goes pretty well.

Recovery going well.....diet not too bad can improve but have lost weight recently with covid so thats good...

Off to see batman on sunday will report back on how i find it..

All the best adamxxxx

Posted : 10th March 2022 7:44 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

and yes dave, was lovely to treat myself a great reward for myself......

Posted : 10th March 2022 7:51 pm
gadaveuk
(@gadaveuk)

@adam123 

Hi

Thank you for coming back to me

Often people are hesitant to reward them selves.

Recovery is about healthy Needs healthy wants and healthy goals.

It is important to have treats now and again to reward our healthy habits.

It is enforcing our recovery and is nurturing towards our self.

The last thing we want to do is to keep beating our self up.

Take good care of your self.

Love and peace to everyone.

Dave L

AKA Dave Of Beckenham

Posted : 10th March 2022 8:43 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Yes very very true dave , thanks for popping by as allways.

Today i went to the flat and cleaned the windows, measured up for picture/curtains/blinds/tv stand.  Also looked at what my mum and dad had done ie staining the flooring that we had sanded down due to cement on it.  All has worked ouut well.

once i get the carpet sorted it will be allmost complete, well actually it will be complete yay.  then i can move over my bed.

One of my mates has got a new xbox series x so i thought as he doesnt need it ill buy his xbox one off him and go on xbox live every now and then with my nephews when they come round.

Going to see batman tomo looking forward to it!!!!!! should be a good one.

Posted : 12th March 2022 9:51 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Hello diary..... just listened to a podcast about motivating yourself to do things to be happy in life..... the person has written a book called 8000 steps (aparently the average life is 8000 weeks long? ) but its about making the most of life..... i mean they say 8000 weeks makes you think that life is short and we must make the most of our attention to things like not waste an hour on something not useful etc however im of the mindset that 8000 weeks sounds like an aweful lot of time to do everything i want.... also im of the mindset that time wasted doing something pointless living in the present moment can actually be rewarding as its relaxing...... i like to sleep for 12 hours a day so thats essentially 4000 weeks (at least  as i may pass away early) of my life spent unconscious but its relaxing and it builds my energy for each day.

They also say to write down 25 things you want to achieve in life then put them in priority order then focus on the first five (as you can achieve them if you solely focus on them) and ignore the rest as you will not have time and theyre not as important.  

I actually wrote down my aspirations into some objectives to achieve in a past diary so ill go and try and find it now to see if ive managed them i know stopping smoking was one sand ive managed that so thats a good sign...... be right back

Posted : 15th March 2022 8:33 pm
Forum admin
(@forum-admin)
Admin

Hi Adam123,

We've moved this thread from 'Success Stories' section to 'Recovery diaries' section, as you appear to be using this thread as a recovery diary thread.

Well done on your continuing progress.

Take care,

Adam.

Posted : 15th March 2022 10:30 pm
Page 2 / 9

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close