fresh start

1,154 Posts
70 Users
2 Likes
84.1 K Views
 Boro
(@boro)
Topic starter

Your not wrong signalman. I have watched this £2 stake on YouTube boring as anything

Posted : 3rd April 2019 12:43 pm
signalman
(@signalman)

I just had a look at the £2 FOBT on YouTube (curiosity I guess?)

Jeez... The people that engineer these games are geniuses who have sold their soul to devil. It is unreal how clever they are... How they have manipulated the stake reduction in such a way that the game can still whip hundreds of pounds away from you within half and hour and the ingenuity associated with how they've created a platform which gives the impression there are wins to be had but actually the prospect of chasing losses is ever greater - which of course equals more spins and more investment.

And the f*****s have shortened the spin time considerably. What a terribly underhand move. Lacks class right? :oO

Right... These f*****s are SO much more cleverer than me. I will never take them on again. I was scared about watching the video but intrigued after your previous post so took the plunge. Realising how undeniably clever these guys are has scared the s**t out of me and I won't look back now. Onwards and upwards for me.

Graeme - although we have only known each other for a matter of months and we have never met but I would still like to ask something of you if I may... PLEASE DO NOT EVER ENTER THE BOOKIE TO PLAY THE REDUCED STAKE FOBT - whatever reason you try and give yourself (curiosity, boredom) please do not do it.

Now I have seen it I have recognised how large sums of money can be drained from you on a short amount of time. Your addiction will run rife if you ever go near those machines again and you may ended posting on here that you've just done a load of money despite the stake being reduced.

I am fairly well versed when it comes to the psychological stuff associated with gambling addiction so can tell you that unfortunately, someone like yourself or me who loves/loved the FOBT roulette are vulnerable.
Keep away.

I know you said they look boring/what's the point but the prospect is there to win 5,10 or 30 times your stake off ВЈ2... The dopamine hit you'll get off that will be enough to lure you back to those machines for hours on end. One taste of the above scenario and you'll be hooked back in. Money can and will slip through your fingers despite the ВЈ2 stake. The spins are rapid mate. You could do £50 in a matter of minutes. Hundreds within half an hour. The green bar is a masterstroke from them if you want to call it that... It speeds up the game considerably and if you are on tilt the green bar can help to ensure you keep button bashing and get more frustrated as it works on the same principle as the CONTINUE/LOSE feature on the fruit machine... ie it's a load of b******s. The green bar keeps the tension and tenacity of the game at an optimum, and that's where they want you.

I am mindful that my addiction may trick me into experimenting with the machines for curiosities sake and I could naively regard the £2 reduction as my buffer from stepping over the line into problem gambling, however after seeing that video I realise that being a CG, the prospect is still there to do big sums of money despite the stake reduction due to some masterful engineering on their part.

Stay away bro. Stay away. Do not think for one second the reduction will safeguard you from the hell of problem gambling and doing a load of dough in a short space of time.

I'm actually glad I watched that video today. Very glad.

Posted : 4th April 2019 4:41 pm
 Boro
(@boro)
Topic starter

I’m the same as you mate I couldn’t believe that green bar. I can honestly say I not go in to play them machines again. But also I can say I can’t say I never have a bet on the horses again. I’m an honest person signalman and I always tell the truth on here. I always have. I comment more tomorrow but as alway you are spot on with your last post even showed me brother.

Posted : 4th April 2019 8:00 pm
signalman
(@signalman)

Mate

Today I go to bed with a heavy heart, realising how conniving/calculated people can be to exploit addiction and vulnerable people for monetary gain confirms to me that there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with society.

Whilst I appreciate that the people engineering these games are simply earning a living like the rest of us - the fact remains that they knowingly and willfully use their skill and expertise in such an immoral way cuts deep for me... How they sleep peacefully at night I'll never know.

The £2 reduction was supposed to safeguard us, not f**k us over in a different way.

Still - I guess they have had long enough to thoroughly plan their strategy and implement it due to the amount of time given to them to prepare so I shouldn't have expected anything less I suppose.

Posted : 4th April 2019 11:04 pm
 Boro
(@boro)
Topic starter

I totally agree with everything you say but for me. Playing on the fobt was a quick fix if you know what I mean I needed the buzz but for me that green bar makes it boring you could put a fortune in before you get a spin on the board even then your not guaranteed to win. You might as well go in a pub or arcade and play on fruit machines. This stake reduction should have been done years ago like I said before the things I have lost because of these machines :(. I feel for the people who like playing slots because you can still lose a fortune on these machines. But I am just grateful for me and thousands of others who like playing roulette on these machines the need to play them is no longer there. A lot of people will go online but I have every block in place so online it would be pretty much impossible to open an account. I urge anybody to get gamblock you try and open an online account it blocks you straight away. The relief I feel is unbelievable i never lose the money I have done in the past that’s for certain

Posted : 5th April 2019 12:07 pm
signalman
(@signalman)

That's great mate. I'm so happy for you, I hope to god you come out the other side of this :o)

Posted : 5th April 2019 3:02 pm
 Boro
(@boro)
Topic starter

Cheers mate. Still can’t let me guard down.

Posted : 5th April 2019 4:37 pm
 Boro
(@boro)
Topic starter

Got to say this new website is a load of rubbish. People are going to struggle to use it in my opinion 

Posted : 12th April 2019 9:34 pm
signalman
(@signalman)

Posted by: Boro

Got to say this new website is a load of rubbish. People are going to struggle to use it in my opinion 

Really? Gosh I've just managed to get on tonight - headed straight for your diary as I saw you'd posted and had been wondering how you getting on as I travelled to work. 

Well pleased to hear you're just angry with the website and not playing on the FOBT anymore! Looks like the stake reduction is indeed working in your favour.

How's it been going? I have wondered how you've got on over the last couple of weeks. 

Off to check this site out a bit more now... Not a good start reading your post ha ha

Posted : 12th April 2019 11:37 pm
 Boro
(@boro)
Topic starter

Yeah just my opinion everything was easy to use on the old website. Gambling wise everything fine signalman 

Posted : 15th April 2019 8:42 pm
 Boro
(@boro)
Topic starter

Well I have played on these £2 stake roulette and got hooked on them. Been playing on them for the last week every chance I have got. It strange  the buzz you get when the bar drops in green and you get a spin and it lands on something you have 1000p on. But the awful feeling when you hit green and it’s no wear near your number and you know it. The desperate feeling just hoping that bar drops in green unbelievable lost about £400 in the last hour. These machines are still dangerous I could have lost a lot more but give up. The bar hitting red all the time ?. The desperate feeling on the positive side this has made me want to go around and self exclude in all the shops were be ban has been lifted but with it being Easter Sunday not been able to because everything shut and can’t get photos. Another positive not lost anything worked it out by looking at me bank account this ? can’t keep going on tho. The woman behind the counter you could tell what she was thinking.... what an absolute idiot

Posted : 21st April 2019 12:48 pm
 Boro
(@boro)
Topic starter

The things I have lost because of gambling can’t take it much more to be honest. Me head is all over the place. It’s not even the money it’s just slowly killing me inside. Not seen me daughter in 4 weeks but I see her next week because it’s her birthday. Been off 2 weeks with school holidays how that fair in me not seeing her. I am just being used only comes over want she wants something this is down to her mam like. I’m just f*****g sick of everything 

Posted : 21st April 2019 1:03 pm
signalman
(@signalman)

Mate...

I'm so sorry to hear this. You know now the machines are still dangerous. Now you know, youve seen it with your own eyes, they can still manage to empty your wallet even at £2 a pop.

I don't know what to say man... If I were you I'd be running to my nearest GA group or going to my GP and asking for some therapy or even some inpatient rehab somewhere at a gambling clinic. You're really ill with gambling mate, I wish there was more support out there for us to access but sadly this is something we predominantly need to stand up and sort out for ourselves.

Your problem remains in its fully glory. Even after April 1st. What are you going to do about it. 

As I told you before, doing a load of money then coming on here and detailing it is clearly not working for you, you've been doing that for years. What else can you do to fight back, because your fight is not over by the looks of things.

Posted : 21st April 2019 1:25 pm
 Boro
(@boro)
Topic starter

Been to gp before mate useless all they did was point me to this website which obviously I already new about. I really don’t know anymore I was confident About this £2 stake but the bar really makes it so you can lose a lot of money still. The punishment I put myself through is unbelievable not many could take the amount of ? I do to myself but it’s my own fault 

Posted : 21st April 2019 3:43 pm
 Boro
(@boro)
Topic starter

Decided the only way I’m going to deal with this is to stop gambling at all. In my head I thought I could still gamble on the horses but gambling on horses leads to me going in betting shop to put me bets on but then I can’t resist going on the fobt while I’m in there. 

Posted : 21st April 2019 7:49 pm
Page 63 / 77

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close