Hope to All! Be Truthful.

91 Posts
25 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

Morning,

I read through your diary last night , we have some similarities as I to relapsed after serval years of abstenance. I was so angry at myself for doing it again. I had turned my life around only to hit the self distruct button again.

After I had got over the inial panic, and graced myself with a bit of forgiveness, I knew that I could use the tools I had before and put myself in recovery for the long haul.

You can do this, you can turn this all around, what's done, is done. It does get easier.

But then you already know that.

Dusty

Posted : 29th March 2012 9:27 am
(@Anonymous)

Hi Will

Thanks for your nice comments on my diary. I can't pretend that I know the feeling of walking past n old haunt as I only betted online and at bingo but I know the feeling of seeing other gamblers. When I used to go to bingo I'll never forget this one lady who used to play the slots, Watching her was strange because while with my aunty or my nan I would pretend that I wasn't getting the compulsive thrill that I get everytime I walk in there. I judged that woman because I saw her feeding the machine hundreds of pounds which to me looked ridiculous! It kind of realised my problem because I realised that I was that woman just not publicly. It's sad to see other gamblers who we can't help or who don't want help.

Becky

Posted : 29th March 2012 6:42 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Day 10- up early chores done,hit the gym,Toby carvery for lunch and home to pick son up! Gets to tea time and suddenly realised I've left something at work! Picked it up along with a tenner! Intention was to place a double on Madrid/Lisbon tonight in euros got out the gate and thought what am I doing? Returned to work and put in back in my locker! Went footy got home to see my predictions had won! £28 for a tenner I would have won! Feel bad in one way but what's £18. Now 10 days without a bet And although still having urges another day as passed! Spent a lovely day with the wife and feel strong as she's happy at present! Day painting tomorrow with a pal before a weekend off with the family! My diary is getting boring I know but it's something I feel now I've got to keep on with! Ready other posts is keeping me focused! Keep strong folks take care

Posted : 29th March 2012 11:58 pm
(@Anonymous)

Hi Will,

Well done on not placing that bet. Yes you would have won but we all know where they may well have led to.

Your diary is in no way boring its great to hear about people doing well and enjoying the simple things in life.

good luck, Steve

Posted : 30th March 2012 10:52 am
(@Anonymous)

Hi Will,

I hope that you are okay. Good work on not placing that bet. We all know that one bet is never just one bet. Keep fighting those urges. I am going to be a dad for the 2nd time in September so I'm putting all my energies into thinking about that. I'm putting a few pounds away each week. It is amazing how quickly just a few pounds every week can mount up. Maybe you could decide upon something you really want and each time you are tempted to gamble put it towards that instead.

Stay strong, keep posting and avoid those urges.

Best wishes

Dave

Posted : 30th March 2012 11:16 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Day 11- although off with £80 on me now,usually days like this is where the damage is done! I spent the day though Painting for a pal in exchange for his Carpet cleaner.no chance again to hit you know where as I had to pick young un up! Another thing that helps keep you out betting shops! Also had a great night out with the Wife and friends!

Day 12 -probably to do with consuming 12 pints but slept without waking until Half 7 i actually felt quite bad on not posting.

Fixed odds did cross my mind again but luckily another day without no bets, didn't get chance to either! Took the lads team first then played my first match in 6 weeks in the afternoon, I took my lad with me which again started me From placing anything on. Home for 6 to a nice curry and nite in! 0230 again and wide awake it's not what I want but recently it's probably good as it gis me a chance to update my blog and to check on my fellow battlers! Keep strong folks we can do this!

Posted : 1st April 2012 3:58 am
Carla
(@carla)

Hi, Thanks for posting in my diary. I have just read through all of yours and find it inspiring. I understand why you don't want your wife to know. I'm not married anymore but do have friends and siblings who love me and I haven't been able to tell them. I guess the difference is that my financial life isn't tied to my loved ones. I will tell them eventually but I'm waiting until I'm through my immediate crisis. I'll take the advice you posted in my diary and contact the bank this week. If I can work something out with them and get myself on track, then I'll tell my family and friends. I think you should tell your wife. It'll be hard to do but will relieve some of your stress and I think as long as you keep trying, she'll work with you and come to forgive you. Blessings to you.

Posted : 1st April 2012 3:16 pm
(@Anonymous)

Wil89,

Keep up the good work and believe in what you are doing. You are putting the building blocks in place, which will ensure you enjoy a happy, carefree and gamble free future. Do not feel deprived by not having a bet on the football feel a sense of excitement at your achievement by not gambling. Look at all the hard work you are willing to put in to ensure of a better life for you and your family.

Well done.

Tomso.

Posted : 1st April 2012 4:58 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Day 13-spent the day with the family final day off and again no time to myself whicj is always good! Hit the gym before having a nice Sunday dinner and a relaxing afternoon watching sky! Tipped Newcastle and Tottenham to Both win but again not bets put on as Iv no time to am disappear to you know where! (just wish I could have family with me at all times as its easy not to hit a betting shop!

Day 14 restless night again wide awake from 4am got to work for 7am and wife picked me up at 16pm upon finishing,again hit the gym before getting a lift home! No walking past a shop on the way home again which again made it an easy day of no gambling!

Popped home for lunch and a cc bill had arrived with my balance transfer with my relapse funds on! Again a big thing of my mind as the wife didn't see my slip up! Hate being secretive but my problem is being managed well again this time with no adding to my debt and if things carry on like this the funds will get paid off quickly! Keep postin folks really helping myself seeing people doing well.

Posted : 2nd April 2012 9:53 pm
(@Anonymous)

Hi will

Keep it up m8 everdays a struggle for us all but were all on here to help each other ! Cheers j

Posted : 2nd April 2012 11:27 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Day 15- Work for 7am Good day at the office before finishing to meet the family, again no time on my own Money(£80) still in locker and not touched now for a week. Great evening tonight went to watch Diversity in Notts. feeling less stressful last few days and starting to think better! Keep going folks!

Posted : 4th April 2012 1:04 am
(@Anonymous)

Wil,

Well done for going 15 days free of gambling. Nice one I like it.

Tomso.

Posted : 4th April 2012 8:25 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Day 16- worked a 1-10 shift today! Usually bad as I'm on my own all mornin with time on my hands! Due to half term had my lad until leaving for work! No chance to bet! Im 35 years of age in 40 mins time. Wonder whether il still be posting aged 36 and day 381 wel see! Keep it up folks stay strong!

Posted : 5th April 2012 12:21 am
(@Anonymous)

Happy birthday m8 !

Thanks for the support on my dairy , and you sound like your being really strong and beating your demons yourself well done ! I think if we could both make a year we will see how stupid we have been and have a lot healther bank balances ,keep it up m8 !! Cheers j

Posted : 5th April 2012 7:59 am
duncan.mac
(@duncan-mac)

will89.

Well done on your recent recovery fella.I hope you have a pleasant Gamble free birthday. All I will say fella is why keep giving yourself the oppotunity to have a punt?? I have and will continue to follow the "Triangle" rule i picked up at my first GA meeting. TIME-MONEY-LOCATION fella take one away and you cant have a punt and reading your diary fella you seem to have left all 3 in place often.if you take one out you do one simple thing give youself from today a 100% pay rise because we all know as compulsive gamblers it will only take that one opportunity and the self destruct cycle re starts and you fella know this better than I. Once again many happy returns and thanks for posting we can all learn alot.

duncs stepping forward never back.

Posted : 5th April 2012 11:51 am
Page 3 / 7

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close