Hope to All! Be Truthful.

91 Posts
25 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Brief update - lovely day with the wife today choirs done and sat down at home to discuss balance transfers needed to be done with the wife.

She agreed that we'd try today win or bust to get my credit cards consolidated ! after spending 2 hours on the blower we were finally given the thumbs up! 15k loan sorted and accepted over 4 Years get in!

Over the moon- a hard 6 months ahead until my 1st loan of 17k loan finishes but things all now consolidated and cards now to be shredded once paid by the wife.

Fast forward 4 years to 2017 -debts will down from 67k to 25k if I can conker this illness.

Also Spoke to my dad for the first time in 18 months today again agreed by the wife -due to him being a compulsive gambler she originally wanted me to stay away from him but she knows it was messing with my head and making me more depressed.

I hope people Do read my diary from the start I still dont trust myself and think I would gamble If given the funds. I have no cards or access to cash and for 6 months now my bank accounts and statements are shown to the wife weekly.

This is the only way I can win my battle but it's working!

Keep strong folks! We can do this!

Posted : 11th April 2013 2:51 am
(@Anonymous)

Will89,

Great to hear from you again. Keep on trying because the people closest to us deserve that as an absolute minimum. You have a good plan in place so never doubt it and work towards being debt free and enjoy the peace and happiness that the journey provides. A life without gambling is carefree compared with the mental devastation caused by secret roulette losses. I know how you feel buddie.

Tomso.

Posted : 11th April 2013 8:10 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Cheers Tomso! Appreciate your reply! Still come on here regularly always nice reading people's experiences it always helps myself in my battle! I overheard a conversation today where a chap spent yesterday puttin over 2k in a machine and all his mates spent the afternoon running backwards and forwards borrowing cash to play a Roullette machine they believed was about to pay! Luckily it did and he ended up only £300 down,apparently from what I was told it wasn't his cash to play with in the first place but his mates behind the till who was loading cash onto the machine! This was me at one point loading big sums onto machines and being happy I'd nearly got it back! These machines are lethal and want banning! Unfortunatly they never will and so we have to battle our demons!

Things still going well my end no cash in my pockets but the best way to be! No urges and no chance to nip into you know where! Keep strong folks we can do this!

Posted : 24th April 2013 5:13 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Just a update folk. Like most people when they disappear of here for time they are usually back on the wagon! NOT THIS TIME!

Things going well for myself! Gamble free now since the turn of the year

The wife is checking the accounts weekly to make sure there's no deceit like on previous occasions and she has control of all money issues!

This is the important factor! Would I gamble again! Yes possibly if I had a card but with no cash there's no temptation! It's got to be this way though for my own sake! I feel that by reading all the FOBT story's helps me on my battle and do hope the newcomers from the site do read my diary from the beginning to help them!

iv 6 loan payments left now and then it's £500 a month of me into the family pot instead of the current £140! Things looking up at last!

Stay strong folks we can do this!

Posted : 3rd October 2013 5:42 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Update folks- like many others people that sometimes post disappear altogether and I'd like to just say I'm still a regular reader to the site and read people's posts as much as possible and relate to many !

not updated since oct 13 and do hope my experience may just help that 1 person in need! Things still going ok for myself with the wife still in control of everything I bring in wage wise! Loan paid of this month which was always my first goal in my battle! 67k of debt (98%from fobt) is now down to around the 42k mark and also the feel good factor of handing the wife £500 every month after bills are paid! Although still paying of this huge debt thefamily are not missing out anything! we have Florida booked again for may and enjoy nice breaks at weekends now in a tourer caravan.

I do still feel that if given the chance I would gamble but do speak to the wife as much as possible! Keep strong all we can do this

Posted : 15th February 2014 6:21 am
duncan.mac
(@duncan-mac)

Will

Fella thanks for sharing, great to read.

Inspiring.

I today salute you

Duncs stepping forward never back.

Posted : 15th February 2014 1:19 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

I feel I need to post looking through the Diarys I see some are over 5 years old! I do hope that somebody may relate to mine or it may even help somebody new to the forum! Fobt were always my downfall not the horses or football and this seems to becoming a bigger issue amongst most gamblers now! I'm 15 months gamble free and the urge never goes away! The fact may wife constantly keeps regularly checks is my godsend! People starting on here become an inspiration to some then disappear altogether and with this no doubt back to their old ways! I'm determined to keep winning my battle!

Debts or slowly disappearing @£620 a month from my £1700 wages from my forcast by April 2017 my 40th birthday my debts will be down to 20k! Roll on that day!

Posted : 10th March 2014 5:04 am
duncan.mac
(@duncan-mac)

Will

fella there is nothing more inspiring than an old diary popping back up and for all the right reasons, a huge well done on your continued abstinence.

I agree with you regarding the mainstay does appear to be the fobt these days, when I came to the forum in 2012 the forum had a much more varied gambling forms which brought folk here, I remember a thread for this weeks coming for the horse racing event was well received, it seems today it would be not, the fobt really has had a profound effect on gambling, and last week the industry ensured they dictate the regulation through there own ridiculous new set of measures to help the in there view erradicate problem gambling, for me a huge elephant in the room.

Good to see you contributing, thanks for sharing

Duncs stepping forward never back.

Posted : 10th March 2014 10:04 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Close on nearly 5 years and need to combat my Demons again! Done so well but back gambling - I start again ! 10 k plus on cards ! I need help will post more later but I really do need help again !

Posted : 27th January 2019 2:51 am
signalman
(@signalman)

So sorry to hear about your relapse. You sound strangely optimistic though despite what has happened.

I hope you are ok and I hope you'll be able to tackle this again now it's happened. You know what to do of course.

Posted : 27th January 2019 11:57 am
Caseyjay
(@caseyjay)

Just read through all your diary, sorry to hear you have relapsed. Hope you are ok x

Posted : 27th January 2019 2:01 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Day 3 - Busy through work ! No thoughts on hitting a Shop which is my problem FOBT - Cards maxed & OD ВЈ945 - one day worked so £130 income today - We can do this
Quick post for any readers who have had a read of my diary ! Overall my debts currently stand at 28k in loans plus the CCards now 10.5k- debts half of what they were in 2010 - a reason why I need to beat this !

Posted : 28th January 2019 10:56 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Day 5 no betting although do feel a urge with football being on ! Overdraft down to ВЈ375 which is good- 2 jobs paid up from earlier in the month ! Day of yesterday but earnt £100 today
As of today this leaves me £500 In my pocket-
- £27k loan outstanding and cards maxed at 10k- ! One plus I've work until March ( I work for myself ! )
We can do this- aim for this next 7 days overdraft paid off and no gambling ! Good luck all

Posted : 30th January 2019 8:29 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Saturday spent working on a office - OD now clear £6 in credit in the bank ! Embarrassing
so back to the drawing board- a new week new work hopefully 5 days worth & no betting ! shop ! Day 10 tomoro !

Posted : 4th February 2019 2:55 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Day 10 tomorrow but also a hard week ahead ! 3 Cards to pay over the next week or so !

Posted : 4th February 2019 2:56 am
Page 6 / 7

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close