I'm better than this! 100 Day Challenge

9 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Hi all.

I have been here before but I am now back with a new username and a new determination to beat the online slots.

I have changed my username mainly because my old one was the same as the one that I used to sign in to gambling sites and I want to break away from that and keep any reminders to a minimum.

So, after previously going for around 75 days with no gambling I buckled and found a way to sign up to a new site through my phone and for the last 3 days I have gambled. After winning a bit back my loss over the 3 days was around £350. I know what my trigger was and that is that I am currently doing my tax return and I think that I am going to be a little short on what I owe the tax man. Stupidly, I thought that by gambling I may be able to win enough to cover it. That is obviously not going to pan out that way and I'm annoyed with myseld for being so stupid.

However, that is now in the past and I am starting again. What makes me more determined than ever is that I now have a new baby boy who is 2 weeks old. Gambling could ruin everything for me and for him and I can't let that happen.

I am going to start off by making this a 100 day challenge. Tomorrow will be day 1 as I gambled this morning. Wish me luck. I am better than this stupid disease and I will beat it!

Posted : 21st January 2016 3:37 pm
(@Anonymous)

Mike32

Firstly well done on the Baby Boy mate and all the best mate. Youve done 75 days in the past so 100 daysshould be easy wink wink. all the best mate, Now go and change that nappy and stop reading this, xx

Posted : 21st January 2016 6:00 pm
(@Anonymous)

Hi mike congratulations on the baby! Am with you on this one just got introduced to all this, as like you its online slots and roulette that is my down fall I think nothing of blowing hundreds on pounds a night on them thinking it's gonna drop the next spin! I really need to stop and also going to try and keep away from gambling easier said then done so fingers crossed

Posted : 21st January 2016 11:12 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Thanks for all the messages. Today is day 1 and I am full of determination. I am going to spend the day working hard on my business and sorting out my tax return. I definitely will not be gambling in any way, shape or form.

Posted : 22nd January 2016 10:17 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

So far so good. I have thought about gambling once today and quickly shut myself down. Have been keeping busy with work and it looks like I might not owe quite as much tax as I first thought which is great.

Whilst sorting out my taxes I have been going through bank statements etc. It really is scary to see in black and white how much and how often I was depositing to those sites. I considered adding it all up but I don't think that any good can come of that. I've moved on now and that's the way I want it to stay.

Posted : 22nd January 2016 4:25 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

End of day 1 and have managed to spend plenty of time with my wife and little man after finishing work. Nice to be able to focus solely on them instead of checking football fixtures or playing slots. On to day 2.

Posted : 22nd January 2016 11:45 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Day 2 done. Looking forward to day 3.

Posted : 23rd January 2016 11:03 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Today is day 4. Hoping to finish my tax return today so will finally know how much I owe the tax man. I'm optimistic that it isn't as much as I feared. (This was what caused me to gamble recently, to try and make up the deficit).

Once that is out of the way I have got time to focus on my business and hopefully a day or 2 with my wife and little man.

Posted : 25th January 2016 10:31 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Back to day 1. Had some devastating news that a friend of mine lost his battle with cancer at just 25 years old. I then ended up spending most of the afternoon playing online slots.

I can't keep resorting to gambling every time something goes wrong though, so here I am starting over again. Hoping to receive support from plenty of people on here to keep me focused and keep me going in the right direction. One day a time from now on!

Posted : 30th January 2016 1:45 am

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close