My diary.

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Hello, im here like most of you, because i cant go on like this. My life is a lie. my partner doesn't know about my gambling addiction. it started a few years ago with online bingo but it was the odd 50 pound nothing serious...then this year i moved onto slots and it's very serious. I'm 2000 into my overdraft which may not seem loads to everyone but to me it is, its not just the money, it's the time ive lost. I have a one year old and a 7 year old and although theyve never gone without i cant help feeling ibe failed them. I would play and get up then think i could get more and before I knew it I would deposit again. I cant tell anyone so I'm on here for support and to share my journey. so here it is, my day one.

Posted : 6th October 2018 9:03 am
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Well day 2. no gambling. I've decided to write now because im having the "urge" to just put Π’Πˆ20 on..but it won't just be Β£20 and i know if i put it on and won id lose what I won and just keep adding more money and chasing. I'm feeling so regretful over the amount ive lost over the past few months especially as im skint anf it will take me ages to pay back my overdraft. but from today I am no longer going to dwell on it. I've done it now i cant change it, i have so many things to be grateful for in my life and so much I feel I've missed,I may not have been absent in person but definitely in mind.

Posted : 7th October 2018 4:44 pm
KS2
 KS2
(@ks2)

Good on you for recognising your addiction.

It’s never just the money - I bitterly regret the time I wasted when I could have been with my kids. The times I should have been watching them play sport but was more engrossed in blackjack in my phone.

Register with Gamstop and use a blocking app on all your devices.

I know it’s a terrifying prospect but try and confide in your partner, it will be a mammoth weight off your mind.

Keep posting in here, join one of the ‘challenges’.

Just get thought one day at a time.

Posted : 7th October 2018 5:42 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

He isn't the type of person who would understand this. so for now I'll keep it to myself. I am the same, but I am going to spend the rest of my life making up these months theyve not had my full attention

Posted : 7th October 2018 5:59 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

oh and i have joined gamstop πŸ™‚

Posted : 7th October 2018 6:00 pm

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close