My Recovery Diary

182 Posts
34 Users
0 Likes
14.6 K Views
Simon50
(@simon50)
Topic starter

Hi to anyone who may still be interested in this thread and followed my story etc. I have just logged in almost a year later from my last post. Its been emotional doing so as I have started to read back a lot of what I wrote to begin with, and it has made me think back to just how sad that time in my life was for me. But equally, I feel so pleased to say that I have turned my life around completely though attending GA twice weekly since that first post post. My last bet remains 16 June 2011 so that's now over three and a half years without a bet, which for someone who gambled as much as I did is a massive achievement, and I am proud of myself. I remain strong in recovery. I attend twice a week still and am now the secretary for one of those groups. I am working for the NHS and training for a professional counselling qualification part time at university. I couldn't be happier. Of course I still get days that are challenging in many ways and some of those are around thoughts of gambling, but my inner desire for a good life and strength from support networks including GA and Gamcare helps tremendously. I remember all those with gambling problems in my prayers (to my higher power) every day as I know personally just how hard it can be, but I also know of the hope and the better life that comes if you can stay away from the madness of addictive gambling one day at a time. My love and warm wishes in recovery to all those on the journey. Be well, be kind to yourself and have a lovely Christmas when it comes around... Simon.

Posted : 11th November 2014 10:42 pm
day@atime
(@dayatime)

Hey Simon good to see you earlier an interesting meeting!

Dan

Posted : 5th July 2015 7:19 pm
Page 13 / 13

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close