New diary

369 Posts
62 Users
0 Likes
31.4 K Views
Graham2
(@graham2)
Topic starter

Just been reading some posts. The message is from me right now, don``t chase the losses. I know of nobody who has got rich, prospered from gambling. It`s all a silly dream.

Ok, somebody does a loto ticket, comes up with a zillion pounds but what are the chances?

Next to nowt. Get out while you can.

Most of you are far younger than me.You have a life ahead. For goodness sakes don`t screw it up.

Many of you are escape gamblers, just like me. Find something else.

Sorry to sound " heavy " tonight but I know too many that are destroying themselves through this addiction.

Posted : 22nd July 2009 10:31 pm
(@freda)

Thanks for posting on my diary and making me aware of safe harbour being 24/7 - cos when you need to talk, you need to talk!

Thanks again, take care,

f x

Posted : 23rd July 2009 7:01 pm
(@Anonymous)

Thanks for leading me to a safe harbour, pity my stay was brief today, can't make tomorrow's meeting, but will be along on the board soon.

Posted : 25th July 2009 1:52 am
Graham2
(@graham2)
Topic starter

I am glad that some of the folks here are getting something from Safe Harbor. Although it is not real time moderated it has become a source of real support for a lot of people.

Posted : 29th July 2009 11:10 am
(@Anonymous)

Hi Graham

Thanks for that post mate, realy sweet of you. You have done so well with your recovery if your proud of me then i take that as a serious compliment and i will hold on to that. Did you have counselling during your recovery? if so did it help you?

Anyway thanks again mate, there some special people on here and you are certainly one of them.

Andrew

Posted : 29th July 2009 1:43 pm
(@freda)

Graham,

Nice to see you in chat today. Always a pleasure, never a chore!

Hope you are still going strong with the e-f**s!

Take care,

f x

Posted : 29th July 2009 7:00 pm
(@Anonymous)

Graham,

Thanks for your support as always, you are a diamond fella.

DT

Posted : 30th July 2009 11:29 am
(@Anonymous)

Hi Graham

Thanks for that sweet post mate, shame your not my dad wanna adopt a dippy 35 year old, lol! You and DT have made me cry, you always seem to say the right things, i think when god was giving intelligence out he forgot little old me! At times i can be such a soppy old ******, emotionally i am so all over the place, lifes such a rollercoaster init! Sorry for such mindless dribble on your diary.

Take care mate

Posted : 30th July 2009 1:11 pm
Graham2
(@graham2)
Topic starter

Mindless dribble, I don`t think so my friend. I am also an emotional person. Makes life tough at time but maybe it shows a sensitive side, sadly lacking in todays world.

With those 2 lads of yours, it`s your parents lose mate.

Posted : 30th July 2009 2:50 pm
(@Anonymous)

Graham,

Thanks for your post, short and sweet, but made me laugh, well done for that.

DT

Posted : 4th August 2009 3:41 pm
(@Anonymous)

Hey G my friend

Just wanted to send you a (((((cyberhug)))))

I am glad you are part of my recovery

God Bless

Charly xx

Posted : 4th August 2009 4:20 pm
(@Anonymous)

Hiya Graham

Thanks for the post on my diary, i do hope you are ok and i catch you soon....take mate, ands

Posted : 14th August 2009 11:24 am
I CAN DO IT
(@i-can-do-it)

hi graham, just wanted to ask what is a e-cigarette? sounds good. god bless

Posted : 14th August 2009 11:49 am
Graham2
(@graham2)
Topic starter

Well as cbd said today, it`s been a while since I posted. Nothing really to report other than I am now on year 4 gamble free and week 6 of not smoking!

I have started my CIA A+ certification course that I am doing from home and it`s a bit daunting but no time limit to complete it. Thought I would have devoted more time to it but there ya go.

Been popping into chat here and at Safe Harbor. Lots of new folk on both sites. Good. Glad they are looking for help.

Been reading other peoples diaries and some are doing so well.

Hope to pop into chat this afternoon.

Posted : 27th August 2009 2:02 pm
(@Anonymous)

Graham,

Thanks for your kind post. I know you are right, but I simply cannot find the strength to do it at this moment. When they are being awkward and controlling I will tell them to back off, but that's all I've got in me at the moment,

Thanks again,

DT.

Posted : 6th September 2009 4:17 pm
Page 2 / 25

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close