New diary for 2024

52 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
lids19635
(@lids19635)

We all mess up Stace one way or another, seriously hoping you are finding a fresh path away from the addiction, finding the right help and reaching out to the right people. As i said we all mess up and you and i are no different. When people say work hard they mean have a look round select the best option for you, try something new, anything just dont stop trying, so many people wanting you to comeback strong and then explain to all of us how you did it. Come on Stace.

Posted : 3rd April 2024 7:52 pm
(@j5a6meyr4z)

Posted by: @cpparch

Massive well done Stace!! 2024 will be your year!! 

I’m on day 154, so very close to you! Xx

Posted : 4th April 2024 12:27 am
(@j5a6meyr4z)

What a lovely positive non gambling journey you are on Stace. 👏. Sorry about your loss however. 😥. My sister tragically and suddenly lost her son 10 months ago and our whole family has been affected by this and devastated for our sister.  I am supporting her the best I can and bless her, and I feel ashamed to say this, I had to ask for her help, the end of last month, when I gave most of my hard earned salary away to those online gambling sites. She bailed me out without judging me and still asks ME daily, how I am doing! The shame of it! Enough to make my mind up that on 1st April, I decided, after placing my final bet, that enough really meant enough for once and for all.  Like you, I have done well over the years and then relapsed big time. I think I have finally seen the light that anything I have ever won, has only been a loan to me as I would just pay it all back to those gambling sites and some more, putting me into even further debt!

Take care and I look forward to following your journey.

Pink Lady. 🍎.

Posted : 8th April 2024 11:06 pm
(@stace)
Topic starter

Ah diary, were to start!! 

So much gone on these last few months, I've kind of lost myself.

I've not been coping and my mental and physical health taken a huge battering.

I've been up and down with the gambling, I started to gamble on Facebook again, on a bingo page after an old friend reached out and asked if I wanted to join her group, stupidly I said yes. But I've cut down loads and have now taken myself of her group and blocked her. I went so long without gambling so I know I can do it again, and I will, luckily this time I've not got into any debt.

With my mental health, I'm on new meds, I have an app with the psychiatrist Tuesday to discuss my meds, and therapy. I'm not feeling to bad, the past few days I've been feeling abit happier, even reached out to a friend who I've been refusing to see as I wouldn't leave my house, and were meeting Monday for lunch, so that will be nice. I've managed to get out walking to after spending so long stuck inside, fresh air definitely helps your mental health.

I'm also starting bereavement counselling in the next few weeks to deal with the loss of my mother, in extremely traumatic circumstances,  I know I definitely need that, I have Flash backs most days of the night she passed away, her death left a huge mother shaped hole in my life, something I'm never going to forget, but with help, I can come to terms with her death.

Thanks to everyone on here whos wrote on my diary and supported me in the chatroom. Also thankyou to the advisors when I've reached out for help. Thankyou

Posted : 27th April 2024 2:54 pm
lids19635
(@lids19635)

The fightback begins, kudos to you for fighting back, do what you need to do and claim your life back.

Posted : 29th April 2024 5:06 pm
(@stace)
Topic starter

What a beautiful sunny day its been today.

I've been really unwell physically and its stopped me being able to do anything due to pain and fatigue,  but today I promised myself I would work through the pain and get things done. So I got up early, took my painkillers and had a coffee in the garden. I then stripped the beds (all 6 of them 🙈), got washing done and out on the line to dry. I've spent a few hours in garden enjoying the sun, got through all my washing, even had a cuppa with my sister. Just finished making all the beds back up (nothing beats a nice bath/shower and getting into a fresh bed 🙂). Made kids there tea and cleaned up afterwards. This is the most I've been able to do in a while, I'm now exhausted. Just had to take more painkillers but I'm so happy with myself. I have my MRI scan on Tuesday, and not gona lie, I'm bricking it, really am scared. Will take a week for results to come back, cross your fingers for me 🤞

Mental health wise, I'm doing much better. I have an amazing support network around me, which I'm very greatful for.

As for gambling, I'm doing well. Have had urges , but have used my coping techniques to get through them, which are really working for me. I did really well before my relapse, and plan to get as far and more as I did before.

So my plan for tonight is a nice bath and early night. Might wrap my daughters presents to as its her birthday Tuesday 🎂 

Hope everyone is doing ok

Posted : 5th May 2024 6:26 pm
(@j5a6meyr4z)

Hi Stace.

What a lovely positive post!👌. 6 beds!😲. Wow! That’s some workout. Lovely feeling though, getting into a freshly, fragranced bed, showered and clean P.j’s on. 😍.

Sorry to hear you have been feeling physically unwell.  Wishing you the best of luck and prayers for your hospital appointment 🙏.

Take care.

Pink Lady. 🩷🍎.

Posted : 5th May 2024 10:53 pm
Page 4 / 4

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close