New diary (watch the implulsiveness, complacency, boredness, i almost stumbled on day 1623 gamble free.....)

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Thought i was thru this period of my life.....?

Thought id nailed it?

Thought my finances would never take a hit again?

Thought id never be tempted again?

Literally was on chat for an hour giuving advice as normal then when it finnished i impulsively thought about playing poker..... the next thing i know ive emailed gamstop to find out when 5 year ends? i think im past that period now too? then looked into gamban and thankfully thats on till 2028

So now i have to make sure i extend gamstop in a moment of clarity before the gamban ends.

Thank god for my blocks ey............

But im never thru this......thats what its showed me.......

Back to the drawing board......

Back to my health kick......which is going great......back to work tuesday.....bit of overtime....save a bit more this month......alls stress free why on earth would i want to change that?

day 1600 ish gamble free.......think its 1623 rocking a rolling thank god for blocks....

any support or words of encouragement welcome.... adam xx

Posted : 26th May 2024 10:15 pm
(@j5a6meyr4z)

Posted by: @adam123

Thought i was thru this period of my life.....?

Thought id nailed it?

Thought my finances would never take a hit again?

Thought id never be tempted again?

Literally was on chat for an hour giuving advice as normal then when it finnished i impulsively thought about playing poker..... the next thing i know ive emailed gamstop to find out when 5 year ends? i think im past that period now too? then looked into gamban and thankfully thats on till 2028

So now i have to make sure i extend gamstop in a moment of clarity before the gamban ends.

Thank god for my blocks ey............

But im never thru this......thats what its showed me.......

Back to the drawing board......

Back to my health kick......which is going great......back to work tuesday.....bit of overtime....save a bit more this month......alls stress free why on earth would i want to change that?

day 1600 ish gamble free.......think its 1623 rocking a rolling thank god for blocks....

any support or words of encouragement welcome.... adam xx

Posted : 26th May 2024 10:37 pm
(@j5a6meyr4z)

Hi Adam.

You have done amazingly and still can continue to.  You had a thought and you took it a bit further but due to blocks, it stopped you in your tracks.  You then had time to stop and think some more and remind yourself how far you have come and you were then able to think of all the good that has come from you making the decision to no longer gamble.

Hold your head up high, rest well tonight and do not feel guilty about this.  Instead be relieved you have your blocks in place and be pleased that you still remain gamble free. 👌.

Tomorrow is a new day.  Enjoy it!

Take care.

Pink Lady. 🩷🍎.

Posted : 26th May 2024 10:43 pm
Peer Supporter Patsy
(@ofb741hvqs)

@adam123  Hey Adam

Great post as it shows that even in recovery , you have to be aware of moments of vulnerability and triggers.

Blocks are amazing and do work mainly. The bank blocks , particularly MONZo cards are really good as well, blocks all gambling transaction.  

Waking up every morning with a clear head , money to save and a life ahead has a greater pull factor for you it seems.

So lovely to read.  Anything that is worth it , generally takes hard word.

Patsy 

Online Peer Supporter 

Posted : 27th May 2024 4:50 pm
{

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close