Online slots...

939 Posts
82 Users
0 Likes
47.1 K Views
Loxxie
(@loxxie)
Topic starter

It came in the post..all glitz and glamour...I'm going to ring them later and fire all cylinders

Posted : 29th January 2016 5:51 pm
Loxxie
(@loxxie)
Topic starter

Will do...can't wait to hear what the excuse will be...I'm sure they will try to come up with some rubbish...will remind them of there obligations to protect vulnerable customers...will suggest they just do a bank transfer if there so keen to reward me ! Imagine the answer i will gey to that lol

Posted : 29th January 2016 6:19 pm
(@Anonymous)

That's out of order loxxie, sending you a voucher, after you have self excluded, they do it to pull you back in, get you back In the mode, it's quite disgusting really, they want you to spend that voucher and then deposit again, may be worth ringing them up,

Keep strong you are doing just fine. Don't be tempted.

Suzanne xxx

Posted : 29th January 2016 7:43 pm
Loxxie
(@loxxie)
Topic starter

I'm not tempted Suzanne..just angry..thank god...but it did mess with my head a bit...just goes to show what they will do to get you back playing...

Posted : 29th January 2016 8:12 pm
(@Anonymous)

Hi Loxley, I was just reading your story and have flagged one of your comments as abusive by accident! LOL I'm so sorry it's this new tablet it's so finicky, anyway hood luck with your journey, I too have a problem with online slots and also scratch cards! I got right up to 53 days gamble free , then the demon crept in and took over my mind again, so please never get too comfortable keep fighting every day, and one day it will leave u for good ( that's what I'm hoping for me anyway), take care and keep strong xx

Posted : 29th January 2016 8:52 pm
(@Anonymous)

IT will mess with your head Hun, I have had them, not your amount, £50 in bonus pounds, which was a joke because I am permantly excluded, so I could not have played it anyway, I sent them a rather abrupt email:)) never here from them now, :)) still get loads of scam emails for PD loans, don't know how theft say they can offer me one, because my credit score is zapped:)) and I am glad.:))

Well done you on not even being tempted, enjoy your gambling free evening, xx

Posted : 29th January 2016 9:29 pm
Loxxie
(@loxxie)
Topic starter

Day17...money in purse and no urges...thinking about slots less and less ...please let it continue...first counselling on Tuesday...looking forward to that helping me find out why I got so sucked in.....early days but prob saved a couple hundred quid...so I'm the winner ..hope your all ok out there x

Posted : 30th January 2016 10:40 am
Loxxie
(@loxxie)
Topic starter

Admitted to landlord that I'm a gambler...hence the rent arrears..felt so good to come clean...he was amazing and touched that I had confided in him...working together now to repay a bit each month untill cleared....#feltgood#

Posted : 30th January 2016 12:52 pm
(@Anonymous)

That is fantastic news about your landlord 🙂 & well done on ignoring those vultures! I wonder if you should thank them for their generous gift & ask them to put it direct into your account since you cannot spend the voucher due to your self exclusion otherwise you can see no reason why you wouldn't report them to the Gambling Commission...It wouldn't be blackmail as you would report them anyway 🙂

Looks like you have some really good measures in place & wondering if you've told hubby yet? I know it's going to hurt, both of you, but having secrets must be painful & maybe a little awkward for your daughter?

Well done on 17 days, you are doing great 🙂 Keep fighting - ODAAT

Posted : 30th January 2016 1:06 pm
Loxxie
(@loxxie)
Topic starter

Yes...that's what I thought I would say to them when I ring..lol..worth a try...I still havnt told hubby ...I'm sure many of you will disagree with this decision. ..but for me it's right at the moment...he's be fighting cancer for last 2years...and I just can't put him under any more strain...my daughter's have agreed with this now and are supporting me ...if love to tell him...but it's my problem...so at the moment it's not going to happen...maybe I'm few weeks time when I'm stronger ...we've always had separate accounts etc.
And I've never used his money to gamble..
Like I said when I can understand what got me to this addiction I may be able to open up to him...he's not the calmest of men...and I have to consider what's best for him...I'm sure this is not Mr gamble talking and have no way I can gamble so feel safe with this decision...hope it's the right one xx

Posted : 30th January 2016 1:25 pm
(@Anonymous)

Loxxie, I think you have been really strong and good for you. My situation is very similar to yours. My real test will come on Friday when I get money in my account but have to say I loved reading of your strength when that happened and found it really positive. I will come back on Friday morning and read it again and hopefully get some strength from it. Well done girl. xx

Posted : 30th January 2016 1:42 pm
Loxxie
(@loxxie)
Topic starter

Oh thankyou first step...that's very kind...you can do this love...we can beat this together...I hope you have broken your triangle so you can't gamble on pay day.
Don't let this vile addiction clam any more of your time money or soul...we all deserve better...stay strong xx

Posted : 30th January 2016 1:52 pm
Loxxie
(@loxxie)
Topic starter

First step...I see you have been here about the same time as me...what's your story love x

Posted : 30th January 2016 1:54 pm
(@Anonymous)

I used to just gamble occasionaly, had an accident and was housebound for a while. I guess that's when it really got a grip of me. Online slots. It's daft but I just feel like I've woken up, spent every single penny on it last 3 or 4 years, been running a £2k overdraft all that time in and out as well as using all my kids savings. Haven't told hubby but want to repair the damage before I'm found out as I couldn't live with the guilt of him thinking that of me. If I don't gamble I can clear my over draft in 2 mths and it will take me about 1 and a half years to replace the savings. When I think of how stupid I've been but it sneaks up on you. I'm no longer housebound and been studying and hoping to continue with that. Got so much going for me just need to kick this. I feel stupid, I'm bright enough to know it's a mugs game but it does sneak up on you and when you try to stop that's when you realise. What's the triangle then love?

Posted : 30th January 2016 2:05 pm
(@Anonymous)

I'm sorry to hear of hubby's battle, that must be very painful for all of you as calm or otherwise, he is still your husband! I wish him every strength in his battle & can only hope there is light @ the end of that horrible tunnel for all of you!

I think under those circumstances, with the kids on board, doing what feels right is an absolute must! I haven't religiously followed all of the apparent rules of recovery but I'm doing what is right for me, when it is right, so far be it for me to tell you that you are doing it 'wrong'! We each have our own journeys to make & as long as we don't let addiction choose our way then we are doing ok - ODAAT

Posted : 30th January 2016 2:11 pm
Page 3 / 63

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close