Over the 200 mark

12 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@dean07)
Topic starter

So I haven’t been on for awhile as work is manic and mind has been occupied. 
I hope everyone is ok and still staying strong! 
today marks 202 days since my darkest moment and since then I can see light at the end of the tunnel!! I dug myself such a deep hole but 6 months later I’m climbing out. I know there’s along way to go and I will never be cured but it’s a start.

Some close friends have recently admitted they fell into the trap of gambling and the horrible feelings we have all been through, I used to love the chat rooms on here and find them very beneficial but since my 2 friends confessed I’ve been having personal conversations with them, gave them the excellent advice I’ve received from others on here and would like to think I’m helping them in their recovery whilst it still keeps me focused on my recovery!

I have many years of repaying my debts but anyone out there that needs help, feeling down or cannot see the light!! Believe me, it gets better, stay strong, talk and talk!! 

my family, children and friends have noticed the real Deano is back and hopefully back for good!! 

stay strong, good luck and god bless x

Posted : 26th May 2021 7:11 pm
 King
(@c17ort)

Hi Deano, 

congratulations on the 200 days ? extremely happy for you mate. Keep up the amazing work. 
Well done on qualifying for the Champs League. I am still buzzing from the FA Cup win. 

All the best 

Posted : 26th May 2021 9:17 pm
Forum admin
(@forum-admin)
Admin

Hi @dean07,

Congratulations on being 202 days gamble free! It is inspiring to see how far you have come and all the hard work you have put in to get here. This is something to be very proud of because I can imagine it wasn't easy. I'm sure this post will give encouragement to whoever reads this.

Glad you found the chatroom to be a helpful space and to hear that you are now using your personal experience and advice from other members  of the chatroom to help the people close to you is admirable.

I'm glad you are starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Wishing all the very best in your recovery journey.

Stay strong!

Vanessa

Forum Admin

Posted : 26th May 2021 9:23 pm
(@dave101)

This is such a uplifting post Deano, I am glad you got yourself back and loved ones and friends had noticed. Keep it up and thanks for the advice/shared experience of a better self!

all the best

Posted : 27th May 2021 6:40 am
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)

A noble gamcare warrior

Deano stands his ground

Spare cash in his pocket

Means this dude can get a round

Determined - Understanding 

Wise with empathy

Living a meaningful life

Assured and gamble free

Aum ?

Posted : 27th May 2021 12:37 pm
(@dean07)
Topic starter

Hahaha how you doing mate?? Hope you’re well. 

whilst writing I had a feeling my Leicester friend may come at me with their fa cup win! 

nice to hear from you and I hope you’re well! 

Posted : 27th May 2021 1:35 pm
(@dean07)
Topic starter

O I’ve missed Aum!! Always brings a smile to my face!! 

hope you’re well!! 

One day I may have to challenge you to these inspirational poems!! 

Posted : 27th May 2021 1:37 pm
(@dean07)
Topic starter

Hi Dave

hope you’re well, thanks for the post and I’m glad my old self is back. The amount of time I wasted and lost out on with friends and family makes me sick! 

stay strong and stay true to yourself. 

thanks buddy and would like to hear about your recovery! 

Posted : 27th May 2021 1:40 pm
(@dave101)

My recovery

its rather a long story which started in 2016 and has been a journey much like many here on the forum. As aum has provided a poem i thought I would share a small one.

"power to your higher power deep within"

"the pain fades as we fight are dark side sin"

"life is but a journey free from gambling"

"twists and turns we some times fall and hear the small violin"

"we pick ourselves up to fight again!!!"

"Empty pockets but are hearts mind set goal"

"to stay away from the urging compulsive gambling crow"

"We fight together day by day and share are experiences"

"that we love each other  than a gambling loss or win"

"keeping are minds strong and aware in are journey"

"we burn the thoughts and urges of the pain rain gambling stain and keep learning"

I wish you all the best as I explore

this is me just letting out a small roar

dave101

Posted : 28th May 2021 6:20 am
(@dean07)
Topic starter

Hi Dave 

thanks for the poem!! I really enjoy them and that was excellent!! 

It’s amazing how many stories are so similar and probably hence the reason it’s easy to interact on here!! 

Posted : 28th May 2021 6:09 pm
(@dean07)
Topic starter

Hi Dave 

thanks for the poem!! I really enjoy them and that was excellent!! 

It’s amazing how many stories are so similar and probably hence the reason it’s easy to interact on here!! 

Posted : 28th May 2021 6:09 pm
(@dave101)

No problem deano and thank you. 

Posted : 30th May 2021 6:22 am

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close