SillyBoy1981 - Day1

151 Posts
12 Users
1 Likes
25.3 K Views
(@sillyboy1981)
Topic starter

Day-730

Merry Christmas…. Today is a gift to myself in that I have hit a huge milestone in my sobriety…. Today I am 2 years gambling free!!!! TWO YEARS!!!!! Wow…. Ticking off a day at a time and being open and honest has been so liberating, no more looking over shoulder or having anxiety… So many good feelings and what a mental release it is… Not gambling has freed me.

Just wanted to drop in touch base and congratulate myself…. TWO YEARS!!! So happy.

Happy & Merry Christmas to everyone… Stay strong together!!

Speak again soon

Posted : 25th December 2021 4:36 am
Forum admin
(@forum-admin)
Admin

Hello @sillyboy1981

Congratulations on 2 years gamble-free! What has helped you reach that amazing milestone? Well done on the daily effort you have put in over those two years. I hope your Christmas is all the sweeter for it.

Take care and thanks again for updating us.

Deirdre
Forum Admin

Posted : 25th December 2021 10:33 am
(@sillyboy1981)
Topic starter

Thank you @forum-admin (Deirdre)…

Merry Christmas to you!!

Its a collective really I think… Right at the top is my partner, without her strength and clear open home truth honesty and support at the very start I don’t think any of this would have been possible! So to her I am forever grateful for being my rock x.

The daily routine of being accountable for my actions and sticking to talking about things, food & bad… 
Keeping a diary on here and talking through with others in the same boat…

Giving up my bank cards and details over to my partner to manage until I trusted myself and earned her trust also…

Using Gamban… Blocking everything gambling.

Telling all my friends so they know the situation.

Looking at what I have… I have a wonderful partner… Two amazing children…. I needed to have a good long hard look in the mirror of why I was doing this gambling, I spoke to councillors and went to sessions…

Everything I could do to reboot myself… And now I just continue to remain honest with myself and speak about things. I see gambling as an unnecessary part of life as it doesn’t give you anything but a chase! And what are you/we chasing for?? I just want to be happy and I have that so I’ve won..!

I see things in life, work and home so much clearer without gambling… So simple really, just be honest.

Thank you for taking the time to message me, it means a great deal to me.

My diary was a way for me to express what was and is in my head so I can release… If one person or others take anything from that & it helps them then that’s amazing!!

Speak again soon!

Have an amazing Christmas and New Year

Posted : 25th December 2021 4:38 pm
(@sillyboy1981)
Topic starter

Day-750

Just checking in… Still going strong and happy in my sobriety! Another day 1 ticketed off!! Rallying 750 today!

Speak again soon

Posted : 14th January 2022 9:37 pm
sean121
(@sean121)

Well done mate keep up the good work and keep remembering how bad life will be if you go back. I drew strength from your words but unfortunately had a relapse but I’m back here again and I will continue to fight. 750 days is amazing you should be so proud. WELL DONE ? 

Posted : 19th January 2022 2:40 pm
(@sillyboy1981)
Topic starter

Day-776

Just flying my to check in that still going strong and ticked off another day 1 in my sobriety for being gambling free… Sotting at 776 days now, not sure if being addicted to ticking off each day is a good thing or a bad thing though?!?..

Anyway no thoughts or feelings or urges to open the past into gambling so life is still good!

Speak again soon

Posted : 9th February 2022 9:38 am
(@beat_gambling_today)

Posted by: @sillyboy1981

Day-776

Just flying my to check in that still going strong and ticked off another day 1 in my sobriety for being gambling free… Sotting at 776 days now, not sure if being addicted to ticking off each day is a good thing or a bad thing though?!?..

Anyway no thoughts or feelings or urges to open the past into gambling so life is still good!

Speak again soon

776! Big strong bold numbers here. Well done mate. Glad to see that the effects of not gambling can hold and keep you that way

Posted : 9th February 2022 10:13 am
(@sillyboy1981)
Topic starter

@beat_gambling_today thank you for your words of support, they really help.

Posted : 6th March 2022 10:47 am
(@sillyboy1981)
Topic starter

Day-800

BOOOOOM…. Crashing into my Sunday at 800days ticked off to my sobriety to gambling!!  No urges just clean and healthy family life and moving on with being happy…

800 days gambling free… And it continues from here!!

Speak again soon

Posted : 6th March 2022 10:50 am
(@sillyboy1981)
Topic starter

Day-812

I’m a little bit proud of myself at the moment and lately… I’ve had 5k sat in my bank for a few weeks to put down as deposit for a car I was going to buy… I’ve been to the garage this morning paid that deposit and picked up my new car!!

Now there’s a few things I am bursting with pride here… One I’ve just got myself a new car and that’s brilliant in itself but the bigger happiness comes with the fact I’ve not thought about doing anything other than paying the deposit for the car and being excited about that… It has been Cheltenham week and I’ve not been bothered to check, look in or nibble at gambling for it… And I love horse racing with a huge passion because it connects me with my Grandad ?!!..

Its a really good feeling knowing how far I’ve come in these 812 days.. So much more to do but I’m taking this as a big win for me in my sobriety to gambling!!! ✅

Speak again soon

Posted : 18th March 2022 3:46 pm
gadaveuk
(@gadaveuk)

@sillyboy1981 

Hi

I am pleased to hear you are getting healthier and motivated in healthy ways.

Being proud of your self is very powerful and counter acts the feelings of guilt we use to put our self through.

To exchange your feeling of guilt shame for pride is working on your recovery.

Staying focused on a need want or a goal is being focused on healthy things.

For some people Cheltenham week is a big emotional trigger.

It is important to get focused on some healthy and worth while during these testing times.

You say you love horse racing with a huge passion.

Could it be that was when you were connected to family and friends while they were in action.

Their excitement became your excitement.

Those 812 days is a very impressive accomplishment.

Those 812 days can not be lost you have lived them.

Stay focused on being healthy and motivated.

Once you identify n unhealthy habit exchange it for a healthy habit. 

Try and recognize any emotional triggers that come up, pains fear frustrations, loneliness and boredom.   

Love and peace to every one.

Dave L

AKA Dave Of Beckenham UK

Posted : 18th March 2022 6:07 pm
(@sillyboy1981)
Topic starter

Day-841

Still going strong in my sobriety to gambling… 841 not out!!!

Speak again soon

Posted : 16th April 2022 8:59 am
(@sillyboy1981)
Topic starter

Day-866

BOOOMski!!! 866 not out…

Speak again soon

Posted : 11th May 2022 8:42 pm
Forum admin
(@forum-admin)
Admin

Well done on 866 days living gamble free. This is a fantastic achievement and you are right to be pleased with this. Please do continue to share your journey with others here on the forum. You never know how your experience and strength may help and inspire other people. 

Wishing you all the best

Darren

Forum Admin  

Posted : 11th May 2022 9:47 pm
(@sillyboy1981)
Topic starter

Day-894

Short stop in… Just wanted to drop in and say that I’m still going well & ticking off another day one rolling at 894 days total so far in my sobriety with gambling!! Just had my children's birthdays over the weekend and it was amazing and showed me again how far I have come!

Hope everyone is enjoying their lives without gambling a day at a time!  

Speak again soon! 

Posted : 8th June 2022 7:11 am
Page 9 / 11

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close