SillyBoy1981 - Day1

151 Posts
12 Users
1 Likes
25.6 K Views
(@sillyboy1981)
Topic starter

Day-900!!!!

So… I have hit another milestone in my sobriety to gambling today. I have ticked ✅ off another day 1 tallying up to 900 days gambling free!!

Actually proud and chuffed to pieces with myself but yet know I’m still so early in my path to being gambling free… This is a big big deal to me and I think and look back to where I have been mentally, physically and emotionally over these 900 days and wow that’s when I realise just how far I have come and what an amazing transformation I have made in my life!

Being where I am now is winning and it’s all down to focusing on those day 1’s and that’s where I go from here… Focusing on 1 day at a time and knowing who I am and knowing what is important.

Heres to many many many more day 1’s!

900 blinking days!!! Yay me!!!

Speak again soon

Posted : 14th June 2022 8:41 pm
Forum admin
(@forum-admin)
Admin

Dear @sillyboy1981,

A big congratulations to you on reaching such a milestone of 900 days gamble free. 

You should be incredibly proud of yourself and thank you for continuing to share your progress and journey with us. 

Best wishes, 

Sophie C 

Forum Admin

Posted : 14th June 2022 10:32 pm
gadaveuk
(@gadaveuk)

Hi

Well done 900 gambling free that is a very healthy thing to do.

During my recoverry I was often testested in many ways.

It is how I deal with my challenges that helps me understand I am changing unhealthy reactions to healthy interactions.

In  time I gave up smoking over 20 years ago.

In  time I gave up getting drunk over 20 years ago.

Being proud confident content are the rewards for us doing the word on our recovery.

Yes for me not being emotionally vulnerable was a big big big deal to me.

I am now still in the processing in many ways to live amuch healthier life each day.

Reducing my fears being more honest having healthier realtionships, not procrastinating, not doubting myself.

Recently I was nervous about laying some concrete.

I did it and got over it.

One time in England I replaced and repaired an extention to our home.

Some one came over looked at it and said I did a good job.

I pointed to one peaice of wood that had a crack in it and pointed out my failings.

The guy looked at me as if to say you have lost it.

It was hard to feel good about myself in the old days.

In time we learn to be kind nurturing and rewarding towards our self and our efforts.

Yes focusing on today only, just for today only I will not gamble.

The more we do healthy things the more healthier we feel in our self.

Love and peace to every one

Dave L

AKA Dave of Beckenham UK

Posted : 15th June 2022 12:44 am
(@sillyboy1981)
Topic starter

Day-945

Just dropping in as I’ve not shared or said anything for a few weeks… Today marks another day 1 ✅ for 945 days gambling free in my sobriety!!! Not sure if it’s just me but feels like gambling adverts and communications has started ramping up again with sports and still getting backing from ex pros promoting gambling by featuring in the adverts… 
A little frustrating but it’s a choice and one they make.

My choice is to continue down the path of being gambling free and it is one that I am proud of and one that I am happy with and happy because I have made and live that choice, by no means has it been easy but it has gotten easier. 
That’s it for now, just wanted to drop in.

Speak again soon and stay gambling free!!

Posted : 29th July 2022 7:37 am
(@sillyboy1981)
Topic starter

Day-991

Today marks another day one.. Today I celebrate 991 days in my sobriety to gambling. 

9 more day ones away from a big milestone and one that I am excited about and proud about!

I am near to celebrating 1,000 day ones of my sobriety… If I look and think back to where I was 991 days ago, oh my how different my mindset and behaviours and everything about me.. I am proud of who I am today and where I have been in these 991 days.

Heres to all my goals and milestones to come and those demons we battle against!!

Speak again soon!

Posted : 13th September 2022 8:14 am
(@sillyboy1981)
Topic starter

Day-999

Its the Eve before the biggest milestone to date in my sobriety to gambling…. Somebody call the police I’ve just checked off 999 days of being gambling free!!!!

I am so lucky and privileged to be here right now. Love to my strong centre in my partner and courage that I have shown to believe in myself to get here to where I was…

Tomorrow will mark a huge milestone but it will become the first of many huge milestones!!! It is all about the 1 day tick offs… And today I tick off 999 day 1s!!! Feeling pleased as fooooooking punch with myself but looking forward to the other goals and milestones I have set ahead of me!!

Speak again soon… 999 days you m**o 

Posted : 21st September 2022 9:35 pm
(@sillyboy1981)
Topic starter

Day-1,000

Oh my… Oh my… Oh my… Sobriety goals..!!!  Sobriety Milestone..!!!

1,000 days gambling free!!

speak again soon

Posted : 22nd September 2022 6:19 pm
Forum admin
(@forum-admin)
Admin

Dear @sillyboy1981,

Congratulations and well done on your 1000 day milestone without gambling, its fantastic to read and I am sure others will echo that.

Keep posting and sharing

Regards

Dan

Forum Admin

Posted : 23rd September 2022 3:35 am
(@sillyboy1981)
Topic starter

Day-1078

Still strong in being gambling free… Not posted for a while as life, work etc have been crazy busy.  But still in a good place and good with my sobriety to gambling!

Speak again soon

Posted : 9th December 2022 7:38 am
Forum admin
(@forum-admin)
Admin

Dear @sillyboy1981 

Well done, this a great achievement, keep going..

Thanks for sharing

Ryan

Forum Admin

Posted : 9th December 2022 10:51 am
(@sillyboy1981)
Topic starter

Day-1-095 (3yrs !!!!!!!!)

So today marks 3yrs ✅ ticked off in my sobriety to gambling!

Still so so so long to go but wow… I remember 3yrs ago sitting at the dining room table crying from being ashamed… Crying from the disappointment I felt in myself… Crying for what I’d done to my partner… Crying from how I’d made my partner feel… Crying from all the lies, the deceit, all the hiding, all the money lost, wasted, borrowed & taken… Crying from all the time stollen from my partner and our children… I could not have felt any lower about myself or what a piece of excrement that I was… There’s rock bottom and then there’s a million levels below that and I was lower.

BUT… Today I am not that man, person, father or partner and I couldn’t have done it without the love, faith and trust of my then girlfriend and now fiancée (oh yeah I proposed Christmas Eve this year 2022 & she said yes)!!.

Yes I have put things in place and I have had to live this life of sobriety and want to be better but my partner is the rock and centre of my world and I don’t think I would be here today without her.

So I proudly ✅ tick off another day 1 today but this day 1 marks 3yrs and I am very proud of where I started to where I am!!

Happy Christmas and wishing a Happy New Year to all.. 
This is an especially difficult time of year for us people with addictions so please speak up and speak out before wanting to act up or act out!

SPEAK AGAIN SOON!!…

Posted : 26th December 2022 7:30 pm
(@sillyboy1981)
Topic starter

Day-1-095 (3yrs !!!!!!!!)

So today marks 3yrs ✅ ticked off in my sobriety to gambling!

Still so so so long to go but wow… I remember 3yrs ago sitting at the dining room table crying from being ashamed… Crying from the disappointment I felt in myself… Crying for what I’d done to my partner… Crying from how I’d made my partner feel… Crying from all the lies, the deceit, all the hiding, all the money lost, wasted, borrowed & taken… Crying from all the time stollen from my partner and our children… I could not have felt any lower about myself or what a piece of excrement that I was… There’s rock bottom and then there’s a million levels below that and I was lower.

BUT… Today I am not that man, person, father or partner and I couldn’t have done it without the love, faith and trust of my then girlfriend and now fiancée (oh yeah I proposed Christmas Eve this year 2022 & she said yes)!!.

Yes I have put things in place and I have had to live this life of sobriety and want to be better but my partner is the rock and centre of my world and I don’t think I would be here today without her.

So I proudly ✅ tick off another day 1 today but this day 1 marks 3yrs and I am very proud of where I started to where I am!!

Happy Christmas and wishing a Happy New Year to all.. 
This is an especially difficult time of year for us people with addictions so please speak up and speak out before wanting to act up or act out!

SPEAK AGAIN SOON!!…

Posted : 26th December 2022 7:36 pm
Forum admin
(@forum-admin)
Admin

Dear @Sillyboy1981

Firstly a massive congratulations on 3 years gamble free, that is an amazing milestone to reach and it's great to hear how well you are doing. 

Also a big congratulations on your recent engagement, wishing you lots of happiness together. 

Please do keep sharing and updating on your progress.

Best Wishes,

Sophie C 

Forum Admin

Posted : 26th December 2022 10:18 pm
(@sillyboy1981)
Topic starter

Day-1155

Wow it’s been a while since I last posted, like 2months…

Still ✅ ticking off those days 1’s and currently I am at day 1155 in my sobriety to gambling and still loving life away from that dark filth.

I was made redundant from work mid January and have been on job hunt (still looking) so that’s where my head space has been, getting back into employment and provide for my family…. A few irons in the fire and looking promising at present so I will continue to put the good energy out there into the universe and good things will happen!

Speak again soon!

Posted : 24th February 2023 9:55 pm
(@sillyboy1981)
Topic starter

Day-1285

Nothing has changed on the gambling front… Still strong in my sobriety to gambling!!

But I have just added another daughter to my Wolfpack family with my lady… Who is also now my fiancée!!!  At the start on my recovery I’d never have thought I would be 1285 days gambling free… grow stronger and stronger with my lady… Have not 1 but 2 daughters come into the world… Very blessed!

Just takes time and one day at a time. ??❤️

Speak again soon x

Posted : 4th July 2023 8:03 pm
Page 10 / 11

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close