[Closed] Stephen Stopped Gambling Saturday 22nd February 2020

367 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
40.9 K Views
Livelysoul
(@livelysoul)

Hi Stephen 

Thank you for your lovely words on my diary - they mean a lot. 

I hope you have a good weekend and have lots of things to keep you busy. I know what you mean about being worried about the recent developments on the Coronavirus, I too am a little worried as I have underlying health conditions and tend to pick up everything that goes round. Let’s hope it gets under control soon, however, we mustn’t let us stop doing things we enjoy. Did you end up going to the dance?

Maybe meeting with just a few friends for scrabble and other activities you enjoy would be better for the time being. 

I hope you doing well and here’s to another gf day. 

Sending hugs. 

Bex

Posted : 7th March 2020 4:02 am
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you Bex, hope you are enjoying the weekend.

The Salsa dance last night was excellent. Music was good with a visiting dj plus a lot of dancers from other clubs which all added to the fun. 

Quiet night tonight so I am going to get well wrapped up and go for a wander to the pier. 

All on the diaries seem to agree

That gamble free is the way to be

Peaceful & calm on a journey of hope

Keeping hands washed with hot water and soap

Posted : 7th March 2020 7:34 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

March 8th ☆ ☆ ☆ International Women's Day ☆ ☆ ☆

Best wishes to the ladies as you journey on your way

Our gamcare girls are special and brighten up the day

You were ambushed by addiction which took you for a fool

But now your gamble free and looking mighty cool

Hearts are singing loudly and joy shines in your soul

Both your feet are tapping cos your ready to rock n roll

GamCare Ladies Rock

Stephen x x x 

This post was modified 4 years ago by Aum

Posted : 8th March 2020 8:11 pm
Livelysoul
(@livelysoul)

Hi Stephen

was great to catch you in chat this evening and hope to see you in there again soon. 

I hope you have a good start to the week and look forward to hearing about your salsa dancing and other activities for the week. 

Sweet dreams

Lonely

Posted : 9th March 2020 2:34 am
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you Bex for visiting my diary.

Chat was enjoyable Sunday evening and I shall be there again on Friday.

Tonight I will be at my Salsa class which is always a lot of fun. Three groups for beginners, intermediates and more advanced. I go in the middle one but occasionally help out in the beginners if they have more ladies than men. After the class we have some freestyle dancing.

Stephen x 

Posted : 9th March 2020 4:42 pm
(@vinnie)

Thankyou  for your kind words Stephen , hope u had fun at salsa class ?

Posted : 9th March 2020 10:45 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you Zoe the Salsa was good fun and tonight am going to a different venue for two classes of Salsa & Bachata with two sessions of freestyle to practice our moves.

Making the most of it because my dancing days might soon be coming to an end if the coronavirus finds its way to Hull. I am 69 and have copd so it would most likely finish me off. Not really sure what caused the damage to my lungs as I stopped smoking at 50 but I worked with chemicals and dust cargoes at sea and used pesticides when I worked with the council.

I hope I don't gamble any more. Still a lot of things I want to do with my life.

Stephen x 

Posted : 10th March 2020 6:13 pm
Livelysoul
(@livelysoul)

Hi Stephen

I hope you had lots of fun dancing tonight. I hope you’re fun doesn’t get spoiled too soon because of the Coronavirus but most importantly, look after yourself. The dancing will still be there after it is all done, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Hope you’ve had a good day and stayed gf.

Sweet dreams my dear gamcare friend.

Lonely x 

Posted : 11th March 2020 2:39 am
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you Bex for visiting my diary. I appreciate your advice.

Tuesday evening I decided not to go to Salsa because I was feeling very tired but Wednesday night I have had a great time at my divorced/widowed social club. There was a dj playing good music so I was up dancing most of the time.

My plan is to stop dancing when the coronavirus gets to Hull. 

Posted : 12th March 2020 1:45 am
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Warriors & warrioresses yearning to be free

Of the habit that rained havoc on the heads of me and thee

Good riddance to them bookies who gave us nowt but strife

May our smiling hopeful hearts live a calm contented life

Stephen x 

Posted : 12th March 2020 4:30 pm
Livelysoul
(@livelysoul)

I’m glad you had a good evening Stephen. Sometimes a rest is also needed and looking after yourself needs to be number one. The dancing and social club sound like fun and I’m sure lots of wonderful memories being made.  For the time being enjoy have as fun as you can, you deserve to. After all we may be stuck at home for a while in the not so far future and that will be pretty boring. I’ve been so busy at work I’ve not had much time for anything else but keeping busy for all of us is key to our recovery. 

I hope you are well and staying strong. One day at a time. 

Lonely  x

Posted : 13th March 2020 12:22 am
(@vinnie)

Hi Stephen , how are you ? Hope ur well and have a lovely weekend ??

Posted : 13th March 2020 10:05 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you Bex & Zoe. I am feeling good thank you.

Today I went with a friend for lunch at a vegan restaurant and visited an art gallery which was holding an open exhibition for amateur artists. I really enjoyed the day.

Getting very concerned about the virus due to my having copd. Wondering if I should just keep away from people for a few weeks!

Stephen x x 

Posted : 13th March 2020 10:21 pm
(@vinnie)

My sons been worried about to to Stephen , I’m just trying to keep things as normal as they can be , I don’t think everyone panic buying is helping matters  all the shops near me have been cleared from baby milk right down to toilet roll , ?  

Posted : 13th March 2020 10:30 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Some people are going crazy Zoe. 

I must admit though that I have stocked up on a few things because I have no one to shop for me if I need to self isolate for a few weeks.

Remember that you are always welcome to visit me for a bowl of porridge or beans on cream crackers!

We will get through this Zoe.

Stephen x 

Posted : 13th March 2020 10:52 pm
Page 3 / 25

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close