[Closed] Stephen Stopped Gambling Saturday 22nd February 2020

367 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
41.7 K Views
(@vinnie)

It’s lovely outside , hope u have a lovely walk down by the riverside , I’m In home packing up my house ready for my next adventure once I’m allowed to sign paper work I’ll be moving onto the next chapter oh exciting times ?, hope u have a lovely day ?

Posted : 23rd March 2020 3:59 pm
SB28
 SB28
(@sb28)

Stephen,

Good to speak to you on chat. Hope youre having a good day. Sun is up...always makes us feel a bit better.

Hoping you're looking after your health too. Rest up well, stay calm...

Keep up good work 're gambling. Blocking the card was the best thing i have ever done so well done you!

Best wishes,

Stay safe

S& B xx

Posted : 23rd March 2020 6:06 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you Zoe & Sandra for your kind and caring post

Fortunate and honoured is this sad unworthy host

But your words have made me smile and brightened up the day

So please accept my gratitude with a hip hip hip hooray

Posted : 24th March 2020 1:13 pm
Livelysoul
(@livelysoul)

Hey Stephen

Thank you for popping by my diary. ?

Had a busy day or two so been slacking on here I’m afraid but going to try and make chat this evening. 

I’m really pleased you have put in preventative measures to block access to any online gambling - I’m proud of you!?

I read your other post about the number of people who have so far used the gambling block feature on their bank account - what I found particularly interesting is that the figure displayed is much higher than the estimated number of problem gamblers in the UK. I guess some will be where partners of gamblers have maybe put it on their account as well but I’d be surprised if it accounted for the difference in figures. 

I hope you’ve managed to get some exercise and enjoy a walk. 

Heres to another day gf. 

Lonely x

Posted : 24th March 2020 5:38 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you for visiting my diary Bex. It always lifts my spirits when I see you strolling up Gamcare Avenue on the approach to my flat at Neverbet Villas.

That was an interesting point you made with  regard to the number of problem gamblers in GB which is estimated to be 340,000 (Gambling Commision) whereas the banks say that 570,000 people have put a gambling block on their bank accounts.

The figures dont seem to match up? I have mentioned it on my post in "Overcoming Problem Gambling."

Posted : 24th March 2020 8:48 pm
Livelysoul
(@livelysoul)

Evening Stephen

I’m really sorry I didn’t get to catch up with you in chat this evening and hope your walk lifts your spirits a little - I don’t want you to be sad! 

I loved your opening line about taking a stroll - brilliant! 

Its a trying time for everyone and I understand hearing everyone else’s misery and upset is bound to be upsetting, I find it upsetting too. However, I have found in the past week or so, I am the one who everyone is turning to when they are sad so I reciprocate that with positivity as it helps them along a little. Try not to dwell on it for too long as the best thing you can do for both yourself and others is to scatter the forum with your lovely poems, kind words and humble and caring personality. You make people smile and that is a powerful thing in a time like this. 

Will be thinking of you this evening.

sending hugs from a distance. 

Lonely x

Posted : 24th March 2020 10:08 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you Bex for those kind words.

I had a lovely evening by the pier and moseyed around there for nearly 3 hours. It was very quiet and peaceful and I had a good talk to myself.

You are perfectly right that it is good for us to be there for each other during these difficult times. I felt really guilty leaving chat after only a few minutes but I was feeling sad. 

Wishing you a good wednesday. Hope your toothache has gone.

Stephen x 

Posted : 25th March 2020 2:05 am
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Home sweet home is not too bad

But a virus on the loose makes many feel sad

If your seeking solace amidst the worldly confusion

Please don't turn to gambling for that is just delusion

We stand here all together united on the gamcare road

Friends on a noble mission who carry a burdensome load

Love and best wishes to everyone on the diaries and admin friends

Stephen x

This post was modified 4 years ago by Aum

Posted : 25th March 2020 10:24 am
(@vinnie)

Good evening Stephen , hope you’ve had a pleasant day ?

Posted : 25th March 2020 8:34 pm
Murlo
(@murlo)

Evening Stephen,

I hope you are keeping well my friend. I haven’t had so much time to pop in and say hello to people of late. Just wanting to send my very best wishes xx

Murlo x

Posted : 25th March 2020 10:13 pm
Livelysoul
(@livelysoul)

Morning Stephen

I just wanted to pop by to wish you a good day. I hope you get out to enjoy the sunshine on one of your scenic walks. 

Hope to catch you on chat later. Here’s to another gf day. 

Lonely x

Posted : 26th March 2020 10:56 am
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Sincere thanks to Zoe, Murlo and Bex for your kindness and support.

I came to the diaries for help in stopping gambling but in reality I have come across some of the most beautiful minds in the world. God bless you all.

Will miss chat this lunchtime as I am just setting off for my daily walk to the river.

Here is a verse from "In The Distance." A beautiful song by Bette Midler:

From a distance we are instruments

Marching in a common band

Playing songs of hope

Playing songs of peace

They are the songs of everyone

Love and best wishes to all on the diaries

Stephen x x x 

Posted : 26th March 2020 1:03 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Gamcare brothers and sisters what you doing today?

If something needs addressing than do it without delay

For time and tide don't hang around and rivers keep on flowing

Use your knowledge & knowhow cos you know just what needs knowing

Wishing everyone a good weekend

Stephen x 

This post was modified 4 years ago by Aum

Posted : 28th March 2020 1:07 pm
Livelysoul
(@livelysoul)

Love your poem Stephen! 

Keep on passing on the positive vibes. Very happy to see you in chat today - had a right giggle. Chat is now the highlight of the day. 

Hope you have a lovely post-chat walk and hope to catch you later. Thank you for the post on my diary. 

Your friend, Lonely x

This post was modified 4 years ago by Livelysoul

Posted : 28th March 2020 3:19 pm
(@vinnie)

Love your poems they make me smile , hope you’ve had a nice walk this evening. I missed u in chat tonight my little partner in crime , so don’t be late tomorrow eles I will have to walk to find ya n we both no I don’t do walking lol , ?

Posted : 28th March 2020 10:42 pm
Page 6 / 25

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close