500 days!

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@debsy371)
Topic starter

Well. 501 as of today. 501 days ago I reached my personal rock bottom. I couldn’t afford to buy my children new shoes as I had gambled the money away. I confessed to my fiancé and I turned to gamcare. I made a promise that this was it. 

I would go on the chat room twice a day for 30 days and I would write a journal entry every day for 30 days. I kept going and I had some much needed therapy provided by gamcare. It quite simply changed everything. 

the peer support I got was invaluable. Sharing our addiction problems about a silent problem. It’s a secretive addiction. Done in the dark, in the night, behind closed doors. It’s destructive and hurtful.

im glad to be 501 days free but I will not become complacent. As the old saying goes  “one day at a time”.

Here’s to day 502….

Posted : 25th June 2022 12:23 pm
gadaveuk
(@gadaveuk)

Hi

501 gambling free days that has reduced the pains we caused our self.

Keep up the ehalthy work you are doing.

Just for today only I will not gamble.

I do know that if I gamble I just make things worse.

We are all linked together by understanding we all want the same thing to heal our pains and live a healthy life today.

Love and peace to everyone

Dave L

AKA Dave of Beckenham UK

Posted : 25th June 2022 1:21 pm
 Bal
(@bal)

Many congratulations Debsy.

Tomorrow is a new day and taking things one day at a time is good

Best

Posted : 25th June 2022 9:48 pm
(@rouletteregret)

Debsy,

That is a fabulous achievement. I am delighted for you and for your family who will benefit tremendously from your hard work and dedication.

RR

Posted : 25th June 2022 10:17 pm
(@adam123)

Well done debsy I remember u xxx

Posted : 25th June 2022 10:21 pm
(@gerard-g)

Roses are red, violets are blue, I 'm so very, very, very... proud of you!!~~!!

Posted : 26th June 2022 9:51 am

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close