100 days gamble free

7 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@bm1984)
Topic starter

100 days ago I broke my own and my partners heart when I came clean with gambling issue , I also destroyed all trust with my family and friends.

I thought my life was over 

100 days later after 28 day in house rehab, I’m gamble free, I’ve 70% my debts paid , I’m down 8kgs in weight by good diet and fitness, I now sleep at night , I’ve moved to new city and got new place to live and I am fully present in my job unlike when I gamble.

I’ve rebuilt initial trust with family friends and only owe the bank money, I am managing my own finances but I also show my sister for reassurance what I spend or repaid. 

I will never have my partner back I know I broke her trust and she can never trust me again and I’ll have to learn to live with it with time, I never want to see the heartbreak on anyones face I saw in hers because of my gambling illness again. I also sought counseling over the break up.

All I can say is the positive things above are all with me now cause I don’t gamble and life will get better again If I don’t gamble. 
I can find love again if I continue to live in recovery and do the right things like attend my aftercare and GA meetings. Imagine 3 hours a week can help you live normal gamble free life 

for anyone struggling it sucks at first it’s incredibly hard but it will get better once ur honest with urself and others and do the simple things GA says or other programs 

Posted : 17th June 2022 10:34 pm
 GREG
(@gdiddycourogen)

Great job!  I lost my wife and home and family…so I know how you feel.  Thanks for the encouraging outlook.

Posted : 18th June 2022 12:40 am
(@gerard-g)

So happy for you. Maybe one day you can rebuild trust with your partner and work thing out and get back together. Who knows? I wish you all the best. 

Posted : 18th June 2022 1:03 am
Chris.UK
(@chris-uk)

Good effort.

100 days is a great achievement.

Chris.

Posted : 18th June 2022 2:54 pm
XbluebearX
(@xbluebearx)

Congratulations that is a massive mile stone x 

Posted : 18th June 2022 4:50 pm
(@dave101)

Awesome on the 100 days that’s a great achievement.

dave101

Posted : 18th June 2022 5:28 pm
(@rouletteregret)

MJ,

Fabulous post to read. I’m delighted for you.

You should be very proud of yourself. Now you need to push on and continue to invest in your future. Keep going, keep improving and keep getting healthier and happier.

RR

Posted : 18th June 2022 6:10 pm

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close