The final straw

21 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

Aaron reading this I relate to everything you said it made me tearful actually. Please please install gamstop now! I did New Year’s Eve and have not gambled since! My problem was online I have no interest in any other and although it’s early days I feel free and have money, I like you would not buy things but then gamble stupid amounts! I gambled for 8 years my kids are 11 and 7 now and I’ve mossed so much and they have missed out on me , please don’t let your lovely baby miss their dad as it goes so quick and don’t end up like me it’s time I will never get back you still have a chance he won’t ever remember ! Register with Gamstop today I will be reading your progress with crossed fingers hun xxx

Posted : 4th February 2019 7:42 pm
(@Anonymous)

Hi Aaron, thanks for posting this, it almost made me cry (whilst at work) as I'm in the midst of an identical crisis.

38 years old, gambling for 20 years, professional high paid job for many years, I have 30k of credit card debt, no savings. Years and years of life wasted.

Wife doesn't know. And I have an 8 week old baby.

It's hard to breathe sometimes on how to resolve all this.

I wish I had advice but I don't. I just hope the guys here can help us both.

Posted : 4th February 2019 7:59 pm
(@Anonymous)

June bug I’ve been where you are it is possible to get out. Register with gamstop call Stepchange for help with the debt most importantly do whatever blocks you can do you cannot gamble it’s the only way xx

Posted : 4th February 2019 10:00 pm
(@Anonymous)

Thanks aimee, have registered with gamstop and self excluded ones I know won't be covered by gamstop.

Problem with debt currently is that I'm abroad, away from the UK for another 6 months on very limited income.

Im currently on 0% credit cards. I can just make the minimum payments.

Once I get to the UK, I'm going to work like a trojan to try and clear this. If I can keep my head together for a few years I'll be afloat.

Now just fast forward two years... I wish I could get through this pain.. Please stay GF, I must have relapsed 30 + times in my life

Posted : 4th February 2019 11:22 pm
Tracey63
(@tracey63)

Hi Arran like you I had a very serious attempt at ending my life. The self loathing and guilt lead to chronic depression. But you really can beat this with help and support. You need to talk to some one if your not ready to tell your partner which I would advise then a close and trusted friend or family member. Be honest and I know how hard that can be. Let them take control of your finances, no money to gamble with is a good place to start. Go to your docs and get some help with the depression. Seek any help and grab it with both hands to stop gambling. Believe me life will get better and brighter. Good luck

Posted : 5th February 2019 12:03 pm
Tracey63
(@tracey63)

Hi Arran like you I had a very serious attempt at ending my life. The self loathing and guilt lead to chronic depression. But you really can beat this with help and support. You need to talk to some one if your not ready to tell your partner which I would advise then a close and trusted friend or family member. Be honest and I know how hard that can be. Let them take control of your finances, no money to gamble with is a good place to start. Go to your docs and get some help with the depression. Seek any help and grab it with both hands to stop gambling. Believe me life will get better and brighter. Good luck

Posted : 5th February 2019 12:03 pm
Page 2 / 2

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close