Rock bottom

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

44 next month and I'm still gambling till I've lost all I have. Should I just except this is who I am!

Posted : 22nd August 2017 9:33 pm
The End
(@the-end)

Yes if you can say hand on heart that you are happy and enjoying your life to the full. Yes if you look in the mirror and are proud of the person looking back.

You can either accept this is you and continue on the road to hell or you can choose to make a change and get your life back, but only you can make that decision. There is so much support on here and people who will help you....but you have to want that help.

Your choice Sidney....I hope you make the right one!

Posted : 23rd August 2017 4:34 am
S.A
 S.A
(@s-687)

Hi Sidney I often have similar thoughts. I am of a similar age and I do exactly as you do. The money always goes and yet I keep going back for more. Its self-punishment. Its akin to stabbing yourself in the arm. The real challenge is lifting self-esteem. When you/I start feeling better about ourselves the urge to gamble will get less. We are not that different from an alcoholic swimming around in the bottom of a pint glass or a heroin addict shooting up

Posted : 23rd August 2017 8:38 am
(@Anonymous)

It doesn't have to be like this if you don't want it too.

There's no dancing around the truth trying to stop gambling as a CG is bloody hard. It's been the norm in our lives for so long and then we have to try and resist it. Too break any habit is difficult but a habit we're addicted too makes it harder.

The hardest things to do in our lives make our lives easier and the easy options make our lives harder.

There's plenty of help around but you've got to want to change you really have.

I wish you good luck.

Conradnose

check out my blog by googling conradnose

Posted : 26th August 2017 9:18 pm

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close