Struggling Today

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

So I've not gambled for 73 days but finding it really hard. I am having a hard time at the moment personally and not feeling that great and gambling has always been my escape. I desperatly do not want to start again. Last week I stood outside the bookies for an hour battling with myself about going in or not fortunetly my sensible side won. Does anyone have some hints and tips to keep me foucused.

Thanks in advance

Posted : 30th January 2017 1:54 pm
(@Anonymous)

Your 27 days away from making it to 100 - that's less than a month . Focus on that and how good you will feel getting to 100 days GF. All the best

Posted : 31st January 2017 9:44 am
Leah1991
(@leah1991)

i feel terrible, my anxiety is through the roof and i feel really depressed... i got paid friday and dont have a single penny left today... what am i going to do to survive the month? how am i going to pay my bills?... dont end up like me... you have come so far almost 100 days gf thats FANTASTIC... your an inspiration to me... its hard for you but once the urge passes just think how happy and strong you will feel instead of me KEEP GOING!

Posted : 31st January 2017 4:32 pm
(@Anonymous)

Hi all, the only way to rationalise the loss is to create a positive from the negative. If you think about your life in terms of pathways, then financial loss and regret forms the foundation for greater resilience and determination. Your future goals and achievements may not have been as focussed and fruitful without the foundation of perspective you have given yourself. Fate has led you to a place of some turmoil and psychological entrapment, but you now appreciate your freedom and peace of mind. Gambling is the fountain that never quenches. Even when your body financially rehydrates, you still crave more. Debt and lost winnings are manageable. Gambling creates anxiety, preoccupation and is unpredictable. Long term it negatively impacts on health. Seperate the money and your decision to stop gambling. Every day your life is in the lap of the gods. You could be hit by a freak car careering of the road, you could be struck by lightning, you could be attacked by a serial killer! None of these things have happened. You were in the right place at the right time. Your gambling may have created the necessary deviation. Who knows? Now is the time to show restraint, control your future destiny and remove future feelings of regret. Let yourself be free. Don't feel angry, frustrated and in turmoil. Let these feelings disolve as they offer nothing positive. Breathe in the air and feel refreshed. It's time for a new beginning. The chrysalis has changed form. You are a new person and your life starts now. All that has gone before is irrelevent and unchangeable. Your future relies on your ability to shed the old you and adopt a new pathway. A pathway cemented positively by your experience.

Posted : 17th February 2017 2:48 am
(@adam123)

Well done for not going in

​

Posted : 19th February 2017 6:27 pm
(@Anonymous)

i am similar to you mate i am on day 68 without a bet and am finding it hard and have been getting strong urges i nearly slipped up thursday only for me getting self excluded 1 year ago they wouldnt allow me to make an account and closed it straight away so it saved me cause who knows what would of happend after that cause we cant stop once we start well done for not going in the bookies though mate

Posted : 19th February 2017 7:33 pm

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close